Neue Testversion 20.00b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Color popup shows "Document" tab by default

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win10 x64
PL2000b1 x64

When I click on the dropdown arrow next to the Foreground or Background colours, the popup dialog box initially shows the "Document Colors" tab, which is usually empty when working with images:
color dropdown.png
Previous versions initially showed the "Color" tab, which is more useful.
Even when a color is selected, this requester (and all instances throughout the interface) always switches to the document colors tab. This does not occur when a gradient or pattern is selected.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Color popup shows "Document" tab by default

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Even when a color is selected, this requester (and all instances throughout the interface) always switches to the document colors tab. This does not occur when a gradient or pattern is selected.
Yes, I will fix that. This is an aftereffect of the fix of the spot color problem reported for the last beta.

Martin
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b1

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Das ist bereits eine Vorversion zur Version 20 und benötigt eine Registriernummer für die Version 20.
Bei Bedarf bei mir melden.
Does this mean that if I purchase an upgrade today that I will get a license key for version 20?
not really, please set a short comment that you want version 20.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Spell check still does not add word to system user dictionary

photoken hat geschrieben:The problem I described here:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =45#p40330
has not been fixed. The word is not added to the user's dictionary in the Windows system at
\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.dic
I don't see a way to remove this way added words from the list, so we don't plan to use this dic at the moment.
So you will have to add your words manually.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Text cut off in options dialog

photoken hat geschrieben:This text in the Options panel is cut off
I will fix this
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Juan hat geschrieben:On the Color Lookup adjustment layer the Load button has the translation missing, now it reads: Laden...
I will fix this
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Load up the attached file, and change the interpolation of the blue gradient to Cubic. Result: black.
Well, you managed to create a gradient with two colors at exactly the same position. I will check that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Fit to Selections not working

photoken hat geschrieben:[*]The new "Fit to Selection" and "Fit to Selection Width" items do not work. The image is not zoomed in to greater than Full View.
We can't reproduce that, neither on Windows nor on Mac OS. Does this happen always? For example: If you load an ordinary image, create an ellipse on that and apply "Fit to Selection"? Does this work?
photoken hat geschrieben:[*]The icons for these options look too similar when viewed on a high-res display
I have made same minor adjustments.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:However, if there is a layer with a layer mask, the "Fit to …" commands seem to use the layer size, not just the visible part, which is a bit confusing.
I changed that.
bkh hat geschrieben:Also, the layer isn't always fully visible, sometimes a pixel is missing on the right hand side and bottom, while there is some space on the other sides (especially with vector and text layers). Maybe a rounding error?
I found one rounding problem and it is a bit better now, but still not perfect.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

jc4d hat geschrieben:There are problems with the Relief ajustment layer, the slider ofr Size can´t be dragged
The Relief, Horizontal Edge and Vertical Edge filters just have two sizes: 1 and 2. Because of that, the slider is disabled. Sadly on Windows this isn't visualized properly.
jc4d hat geschrieben:you need to use the input field
You could use the spin slider (the double-arrow control).
jc4d hat geschrieben:and the Angle seems to work only every 90 degrees.
Yes, Relief doesn't support arbitrary angles, but the step size is 45°.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:[*]The new "Fit to Selection" and "Fit to Selection Width" items do not work. The image is not zoomed in to greater than Full View.
We can't reproduce that, neither on Windows nor on Mac OS. Does this happen always? For example: If you load an ordinary image, create an ellipse on that and apply "Fit to Selection"? Does this work?
My apologies -- I did not fully understand what "Fit to Selection" meant.

You are correct that if I create a vector object, the "Fit to Selection" choice correctly zooms to that object.

I thought that the new "Fit to Selection/Width" options would also apply to the shapes created with the Lasso tools. I think it would be valuable for "Fit to Selection/Width" to also zoom in on those Lasso shapes.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Spell check still does not add word to system user dictionary

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:The problem I described here:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =45#p40330
has not been fixed. The word is not added to the user's dictionary in the Windows system at
\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.dic
I don't see a way to remove this way added words from the list, so we don't plan to use this dic at the moment.
So you will have to add your words manually.
Yes, I see that even when using Win10's own app (Mail) that there is no way to remove a word once the word has been added to the user's dictionary.

Searching the Web for advice about removing added words reveals that the only way to do that is by manually editing the .dic file.

It seems like the Win10 spell checking API is missing an important function....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Match Colors masking works great!

Beitrag von photoken »

Aha! You guys almost slipped this one past me. :wink:

The new behavior of the Match Colors mask is working great -- when I do not choose "Use Mask" (so that the colour is applied to the whole image), I can now easily create a custom mask to target the areas:
match colors mask.png
The colours can be recalculated at will, too, using the original selections.

This is great stuff. Thanks! :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Thanks Ken for your constructive comments regarding the match colors function - it really improved the usability. I think it will be an attractive new feature for existing and hopefully attract some new users as well - especially in combination with the other new features.

I feel this is going to be a brilliant new release - and an eye-opener for at least a new group of users.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Thanks Ken for your constructive comments regarding the match colors function - it really improved the usability. I think it will be an attractive new feature for existing and hopefully attract some new users as well - especially in combination with the other new features.
It took me a while to figure out what Match Colors was supposed to do, and when I realized that it could replace the Metrix plugin (which is only a 32-bit plugin), I got excited. It's always good to be able to delete an unnecessary plugin. :)

I agree that MC will be an appealing feature -- I think there are many, many cases where it can come in handy.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I feel this is going to be a brilliant new release - and an eye-opener for at least a new group of users.
You know what the most important feature for me is? It's the thing that was added to the betas so long ago that it's easy to overlook: the simple little checkbox for clipping layers to invert the clipping. That thing immediately doubles the power and versatility of virtual layers. What I'm doing (as often as possible) is to use the Vector Lasso tool to create a "master" clipping layer and creating virtual copies of it to use as masks for adjustment layers, inverting the clipping to target the background when needed. It's a real joy to simply tweak that one "master" vector and see the results cascade through the various adjustment layers. Brilliant!
Ken