Neue Testversion 20.00b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b1

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben: You know what the most important feature for me is? It's the thing that was added to the betas so long ago that it's easy to overlook: the simple little checkbox for clipping layers to invert the clipping. That thing immediately doubles the power and versatility of virtual layers. What I'm doing (as often as possible) is to use the Vector Lasso tool to create a "master" clipping layer and creating virtual copies of it to use as masks for adjustment layers, inverting the clipping to target the background when needed. It's a real joy to simply tweak that one "master" vector and see the results cascade through the various adjustment layers. Brilliant!
I know - and in real-time too!

And the beautiful thing is that we can now opt for either a virtual layer or an embedded placeholder layer (similar to smart objects in Photoshop). My comps are often quite deep and complex, and while virtual layers are awesome, they do bog down Photoline at some point. Embedded placeholder layers mitigate these situations nicely, and it is still completely non-destructive.

Even more so now that we can apply all filters as non-destructive via placeholders.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And the beautiful thing is that we can now opt for either a virtual layer or an embedded placeholder layer (similar to smart objects in Photoshop).
I couldn't agree more! :D

Version 20 will add some nice usability improvements for creating placeholder layers.

It's funny, but clipping layers, virtual layers, and placeholder layers are so far beyond what the competition (Photoshop Elements and PaintshopPro) can even conceive of that users of those programs are completely unable to understand those features.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And the beautiful thing is that we can now opt for either a virtual layer or an embedded placeholder layer (similar to smart objects in Photoshop).
I couldn't agree more! :D

Version 20 will add some nice usability improvements for creating placeholder layers.

It's funny, but clipping layers, virtual layers, and placeholder layers are so far beyond what the competition (Photoshop Elements and PaintshopPro) can even conceive of that users of those programs are completely unable to understand those features.
Only Photoshop offers similar features, but even Photoshop lacks virtual layers, and it still cannot deal with more than one layer mask per layer - it must resort to awkward clipping mask layers. And Photoline even allows us to virtually clone an adjustment layer, and layer masks.

I remember this discussion on the Photoshop Family forums between me and the senior developer of Photoshop Chris Cox: I asked why Photoshop users were still limited to those awkward smart objects. He argued that the virtual layer concept would be too slow, and that real-time updates would make Photoshop unusable slow. They had tested that.
I retorted that Photoline already does exactly that, and that it worked just fine for the most part. I also added "Man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt man who is doing it".

No response from him after that. :wink:
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I also added "Man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt man who is doing it".

No response from him after that. :wink:
:mrgreen:
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

NotProb: Colour loss in vector outline

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL 20.00b1 x64

When I change the colour of a vector outline that is behind another vector outline, the top vector outline loses some of its colour.

Here are the settings of the test shape:
lost yellow settings.png
When the bottom vector outline is set to transparent or a dark colour, the top vector outline is the expected solid yellow colour:
yellow.png
After using the settings slider shown above to change the colour of the bottom vector outline, the top vector outline colour loses a lot of the yellow:
lost yellow.png
This is not an optical illusion -- I can export the "lost yellow" image to PNG and use the Color Picker to measure the differences of the "yellow".

The sample PLD file will be attached to the following message....
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Do 06 Okt 2016 00:55, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Colour loss in vector outline

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben: The sample PLD file will be attached to the following message....
And here's the test PLD file:
lost yellow.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

All these three SVG robots fail to load the colours. It seems Photoline does not read the embedded stylesheet.

Btw, I would love to see an export option to choose for an embedded stylesheet instead of SVG attributes. A stylesheet is very useful to front-end developers.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben: This is not an optical illusion -- I can export the "lost yellow" image to PNG and use the Color Picker to measure the differences of the "yellow".
I just loaded your two screenshots in PhotoLine and both outlines had a pure yellow (RGB 255, 255, 0).
photoken hat geschrieben:And here's the test PLD file:
I am measuring a pure yellow here, too.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

If I pick more than one layer and use a layer style, the preview is only shown for the active layer, but the effect is applied to all selected layers. Would it be possible to show the preview for all affected layers as well?

Thanks,

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:If I pick more than one layer and use a layer style, the preview is only shown for the active layer, but the effect is applied to all selected layers. Would it be possible to show the preview for all affected layers as well?
I will have a look at it.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben: This is not an optical illusion -- I can export the "lost yellow" image to PNG and use the Color Picker to measure the differences of the "yellow".
I just loaded your two screenshots in PhotoLine and both outlines had a pure yellow (RGB 255, 255, 0).
photoken hat geschrieben:And here's the test PLD file:
I am measuring a pure yellow here, too.
Yes, you are correct. When I zoom in to a huge percentage, I can measure the Saturations at 100%.

The yellow colours still look very different on my screen when viewed at 100%. :? I guess it has something to do with the anti-aliasing or maybe my video driver is doing some kind of funky interpolation when the lines get very thin....

Sorry about that. I'll go back to sleep now.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Wenn man eine gedrehte Ebene spiegelt (horizontal oder vertikal) und dann "Undo" ausführt, verändert die Ebene ihre Lage. Beispieldokument ist angefügt. Der Fehler tritt auch im Bildmodus auf und ist auch in PL 19.51 vorhanden.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:Wenn man eine gedrehte Ebene spiegelt (horizontal oder vertikal) und dann "Undo" ausführt, verändert die Ebene ihre Lage. Beispieldokument ist angefügt. Der Fehler tritt auch im Bildmodus auf und ist auch in PL 19.51 vorhanden.
Das werde ich reparieren.

Martin
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: It's funny, but clipping layers, virtual layers, and placeholder layers are so far beyond what the competition (Photoshop Elements and PaintshopPro) can even conceive of that users of those programs are completely unable to understand those features.
Only Photoshop offers similar features, but even Photoshop lacks virtual layers, and it still cannot deal with more than one layer mask per layer - it must resort to awkward clipping mask layers. And Photoline even allows us to virtually clone an adjustment layer, and layer masks.
[/quote]

I could not believe that PL was in the lead somewhere among the image processing applications :)
I like virtual layer feature very much and use it quite often. It is so useful.
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: "Rotate Layer" does not use rotation point

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL 20.00b1 x64

Layer...Rotate Layer uses the center point of a vector object for the rotation, and ignores the position of the manually set rotation point. This also occurs with image layers.

This behavior is in PL 19.51, also.
Ken