Neue Testversion 20.00b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b2

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bug: outer glow cropped

This happens no matter relative to page, layer, etc.
glow.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I have the Museo Sans typeface family installed. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to select the right member in Photoline.
I try to select Museo Sans Rounded 100, but instead Photoline decides that it is a bold typeface, and I am unable to deselect bold formatting.

The strange thing is that I can import a pdf with the correct type face, and Photoline will allow me to type in that line of text with the correct type. But when I try to create a new line of text and select the correct font, it will not allow me to uncheck bold.

I have attached an example PLD. The bottom version was created in InDesign, and imported as pdf. The top one seems "stuck" at bold - I cannot select the same font as the bottom one.
font.jpg
I have mentioned this problem before: the way Photoline lists and works with type face families should be getting an overhaul. As you can tell from the screenshot, the font list has become very crowded with the same font family. And Museo is not even the worst case: Helvetica, Cormorant, Frutiger, and other font families create even longer lists. Photoline is in need of one additional sub-menu to select the typeface family variant.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Photoline is in need of one additional sub-menu to select the typeface family variant.
I like that idea in theory, but how can it be achieved in reality given the strange naming conventions of typefaces?

For example, I've got a couple "BauerBodni <something>" faces and a few "Bodoni" typefaces. They should all be categorized as "Bodoni", but how to do that?

Also, where do you make the split to get the name of the typeface? For example, I've got a "Geometr415 Blk BT" and a "Geometr706 BlkCn BT". Those included numbers make all the difference in the world -- those two typefaces are not really in the same family....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Photoline is in need of one additional sub-menu to select the typeface family variant.
I like that idea in theory, but how can it be achieved in reality given the strange naming conventions of typefaces?

For example, I've got a couple "BauerBodni <something>" faces and a few "Bodoni" typefaces. They should all be categorized as "Bodoni", but how to do that?

Also, where do you make the split to get the name of the typeface? For example, I've got a "Geometr415 Blk BT" and a "Geometr706 BlkCn BT". Those included numbers make all the difference in the world -- those two typefaces are not really in the same family....
Well, InDesign seems to be able to pull it off. I believe the meta data in a font file may offer a way to do this.
mwenz
Mitglied

Beitrag von mwenz »

photoken hat geschrieben:

Just because they may share a name or part of a name thereof, doesn't mean they are part of the same family.

You Geometric fonts shows why: they are different font families. A family name needs to be the same, and that is not necessarily the name of the variant within a family. So for example, if a font with a family name was Geometr415, then there could be a regular, a medium and, in your example above, a Black (which is what Geometr415 Blk BT is). Then there would be (could be) an entry for Geometr415 with a flyout for Geometr415 Reg, Geometr415 Med & Geometr415 Blk. But Geometr415 Black and Geometr706 are actually from different families.

Adobe and other applications that group by family do so in different manners. Inside a font is the family name (e.g., Arial) and sub-family (e.g., Regular, [Regular] Italic, Bold, Bold Italic, etc.). In reality there are two more naming fields for controlling the family/sub-family names. These other two font naming fields may or may not be used and don't need to be, but they are used for grouping families that are larger than the 4 standard font sub-family variants. But they are optional and some/many fonts do not use them and so font families that Adobe may show all together are broke into 2 or more groups of font variants.

As for Adobe, they do not use the OS font sub-system that is used by an non-Adobe applicaitons. The OS font sub-system is the mechanism that an application requests the OS to iterate through the installed or active fonts and return both the font names and particular information from inside the font that the application wants. But Adobe applications by-pass this process as they have written their own font sub-system and that is part of every Adobe application. So while Adobe applications may (and often do) a different grouping, it is not something easily obtained by other application developers.

As a PS, Adobe's own font sub-system is the main reason why there applications not only look in the OS'font folder(s) for installed and active fonts, but also look to both of their special font folders. One is in the Adobe common files folder, the other is below whatever file you are opening in an Adobe application, which is exactly name Document Fonts. Fonts located in either place are activated for use in Adobe applications. And as another PS, Corel has basically obviated part of the OS font sub-system in X8 in that it can activate fonts for its own use located in a folder or folders of the user's choice without the need to activate or install them. It took the small team who work on this stuff a portion of 2 years to write and integrate that portion of the code.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:bug: outer glow cropped

This happens no matter relative to page, layer, etc.
I will fix that.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug vector clip layer reversed with anti-aliasing off

An inverted vector clip layer produces unexpected vertical transparent areas when anti-aliasing (either for the layer or for the entire document) is turned off.

Steps to reproduce:
1) open a bitmap image, or use a layer with a bitmap or vector image.
2) draw a vector circle.
3) convert vector circle layer to a clipping mask. Apply this to the layer or image, either as a child, or on top in the layer stack.
4) invert the vector mask.
5) set clipping to 0px.
6) turn off anti-aliasing.

Result: a horizontal transparent bar is generated as high as the circle. The content under the circle is still visible, though. Moving the vector layer causes display problems - the canvas is not correctly updated. (interesting side effect ;-)

Expected result: a transparent hole with aliased edges.

Changing the clipping to a slightly higher setting (1px) resolves this problem, but adds anti-aliasing to the edges.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

I can confirm the problem.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Moving the vector layer causes display problems - the canvas is not correctly updated. (interesting side effect ;-)
It is an...interesting...way to paint transparency, though. :wink:
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug aliased shapes keep changing when one shape is transformed

Please open the attached PLD file, and move the green shape around.
Result: not only the green shape is affected, but the other shapes change as well. There are screen redrawing issues when a shape is moved.

Also, the web export looks different compared to what is displayed while working. When I export (alt-x) the view updates to what will actually be exported. Even zooming in and out to refresh the view does not show exactly what will be exported.

These issues make it almost impossible to create precise aliased pixel-based graphics.

EDIT changing the strokes to a 1px width does improve this, but still shapes are affected.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Bug vector clip layer reversed with anti-aliasing off
I will fix that.

Martin
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

The text color box jumped to the Document tab which contains nothing.
I'd got to switch to the Color tab all the time, which was too inconvenient.
Previous versions were opening in the Color tab. Please revert to the previous behavior.
Untitled.png
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

wmjordan hat geschrieben:The text color box jumped to the Document tab which contains nothing.
???

This was reported for 20.00b1, and fixed in 20.00b2.
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Bug aliased shapes keep changing when one shape is transformed

Please open the attached PLD file, and move the green shape around.
Result: not only the green shape is affected, but the other shapes change as well. There are screen redrawing issues when a shape is moved.
I can't reproduce that here on macOS. If I am dragging the green shape, the other shapes stay the same, just the transparency of the blue borders flickers a bit at the edge of the green object (due to the partial redraw of the antialiased edge of the blue object).
So some questions:
- Is the global antialiasing turned on?
- What is the zoom factor of the document?
- If the document is zoomed in: Is Pixel Mode activated?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Also, the web export looks different compared to what is displayed while working. When I export (alt-x) the view updates to what will actually be exported. Even zooming in and out to refresh the view does not show exactly what will be exported.
I can't reproduce that either.

Martin
Ist-da
Mitglied

Re: Testversion 20.00b2 blockert Ressourcen auf meinem PC

Beitrag von Ist-da »

peter-funken hat geschrieben:Photoline 20 läuft schön flüssig auf meinem PC, aber andere Programme (ACDSee 10 Ultimate im "Verwalten-Modus") werden extrem verlangsamt, sogar die tool-tipps der Taskleitse erscheinen erst nach Minuten und dann die falschen. Der Task Manager zeigt weder übermäßigen RAM Verbrauch noch starke CPU Auslastung. Das deutet für mich darauf hin, dass Photoline die Grafikkarte (Geforce GTX 750Ti) verstopft. Gebe aber zu von EDV keinerlei Ahnung zu haben.

Das beschriebene Verhalten bleibt auch nach dem Schließen von Photoline bestehen. Erst ein Neustart des PCs beendet den Spuk. Ich habe in der Folge vier Mal probiert; immer das gleiche Ergebnis. Habe dann V20 de-installiert und bin zurück bei der letzten V19beta. Hier gibt es kein Problem.

Zu meinen Daten: Win 10 pro V1607, i5-2380P, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 750Ti
Hallo
Ein ähnliches Problem wie beschrieben gibt es bei mir auch.
Nach Upgrade von WINDOWS 7 auf WINDOWS 10 (neuste Version) lief alles, schien mir, eine Weile zufriedenstellend. Seit dem Installieren von Betaversion 20 b1 und weiter 20 b2 wurde aber der PC aus heiterem Himmel unbeschreiblich lahm. Fenster bleiben halb offen stecken und ähnliches. Weder die CPU noch der Speicher zeigen erhöhte Belastungen. Neu starten hilft natürlich. doch auch Benutzerwechsel oder sich schnell mal abmelden-neu anmelden bringen den PC sofort auf den normalen Speed.
Habe viele Ratschläge probiert nichts.
Der (ungesicherte) Eindruck ist, dass dieses “Einfrieren” bevorzugt nach Starten von Photoline 20 stattfindet.
Ob es dann noch läuft oder beendet wurde ist nebensächlich.
Das Programm selbst läuft meist OK ohne das das Windows-System motzt.
Doch danach scheint Windows bis zum Neustart aus dem Tritt. Läuft da ein Speicher voll?

Habe Eindruck WINDOWS ist schuld und ergänze.
Das Beta 20b2 stockt manchmal auch (doch ist das eigentlich selten).
Ein ähnliches Problem scheint auch die Benutzung von Pegasus Mail auszulösen – allerdings nur in seltenen Fällen.
frankenstein
Betatester

Linien einfügen - Position fehlerhaft

Beitrag von frankenstein »

Problem beim Zeichnen von Linien oder beim Vektorzeichnen: Die Objekte werden nicht dort platziert, wo man es erwartet, weil sich PL hier nach den allgemeinen Einstellungen in Erweitert>Kopieren richtet. Beim Loslassen der Maus springt das Objekt an eine andere Position, sehr gut zu sehen bei Einstellung "Einfügen an Mausposition" und Zeichnen einer Linie von rechts nach links.
Michael
Macbook Pro, macOS X (X = neueste Version)
https://instagram.com/m_frankenstein/
https://frankenste.info/m/