Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 20.00b3.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2000b3.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2000b3.zip

Neues:

diverse Kleinigkeiten
photoken
Mitglied

Problem fixed. Thanks!

Beitrag von photoken »

The problem with extraneous marquee lines:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 619#p40619
has been fixed. Thanks again.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Outer glow not fixed yet?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Outer glow not fixed yet?
My bad. My simple test worked fine, but obviously it wasn't sufficient.
I will rework the fix.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

All the crashes I had with PDF's and browsing have been fixed. Great!

Some things with Shape Tools:
'Distort wavy' is shown on the preview, but when pressing OK the effect disappears. The dynamic mask stays. I have then the Animation ON. With OFF it works fine. Also, when changing it from 'Inside' to 'Clipping' or 'Outside', the original undistorted image is shown behind the wavy image.

Also, when I apply the effect 'Vault', this works fine, but after dragging another image onto the placeholder frame, the effect has disappeared.

And, when I choose 'Clipping' of the image in the placeholder, and I turn on 'Clipping' (blurring the edges) onto the clipping vector-mask, the blur extends outside of the clipping area. Applying blurring the borders of a clipping mask to a normal image just takes it inside the clipping area, as expected.

When I apply a Shape tool to a placeholder and then choose to change to clip the image, or put it inside or outside, the effect is often lost. The Shape tool mask remains. Doubleclicking and 'OK' on the mask puts it right again.

I guess the transformations under the Distort menu (like Free Roughen) do not work (yet)?

- Paul
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug: Create line tool does not draw directly in a bitmap layer when "in active layer" is switched on, and instead creates a new vector layer.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Bug: Create line tool does not draw directly in a bitmap layer when "in active layer" is switched on, and instead creates a new vector layer.
I don't think any of the vector tools ever drew directly on a raster layer. Even in PL 19.51....
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I am trying to combine a 1200ppi monochrome b&w scan with a coloured 300ppi CMYK layer, and output as a PDF that retains the 1200ppi monochrome b&w layer for print.

This is done for comic printing: the top 1200ppi monochrome layer is the scanned line art, and the 300ppi layer beneath it is the colouring layer. When printed, the 1200ppi b&w layer is then overprinted with black at that 1bit resolution.

But when I try to achieve this in Photoline, the PDF export resamples the 1200ppi layer. I suppose this is because PhotoLine merges the layers.

How do I set this up in PhotoLine so that it is pre-press ready?

This is my process:
1) create a new document standard sized American comic page size @ trimmed size 6.75 x 10.25 (1)
2) Add a CMYK layer @ 300ppi (for colouring) document size.
3) add a monochrome 1bit layer with a height and width multiplied by 4 (bug encountered here: see (2) below). I do turn on transparency, so the colouring layer is visible.
4) This new monochrome layer will be too large due to a missing ppi option in the new layer dialog. Next, I change the layer's ppi resolution to 1200 in the layer properties. This scales the layer exactly to the document size. (3)
5) I place the scanned 1200ppi b&w artwork in the monochrome layer.
6) I create the 300ppi CMYK colour work in the CMYK layer below.
7) I group the CMYK layer and name the group "Colours"
8) I group the monochrome layer, and name the group "line art".

When I am done colouring and working on the line art, I decide to create a PDF to send to the printer.

9) I add the printer's marks. (4)
10) I create a pdf.

I inspect the PDF, and here is the crux of the problem: Photoline re-sampled the 1200ppi monochrome layer down to document ppi resolution.
There is no option to prevent this from happening, it seems. I tried everything. including removing transparency and multiplying the layer.

My question: how do I export my work with the 1200ppi monochrome line art intact, so it can be over-printed with black at the printer at full resolution?

I can't imagine having to work at full 1200ppi and merge all layers - do I? What is the point of PDF in that case?

Aside from this, I feel the missing bleed options to display a bleed frame in the view options, and the missing new layer property for ppi in document mode makes it more difficult to work with PhotoLine than it needs to be.

Problems encountered:
(1) PhotoLine has no built-in bleed options to display or create bleeds automatically. I run into this problem again and again. This means I must account for the bleeds myself - I achieve that by creating a guide preset that calculates an inside bleed of 1/8 inch. Not that friendly for users who just need a quick bleed setting and bleed view setup.

And it would be so nice if we could create groups of guides with different colours!!!!! Please???

(2) when the New Layer dialog was set to "free" before, the next time it is opened it will be set to "document", but the size values display zeroes.

(3) the new layer dialog does not offer a ppi setting, nor a page size setting, or presets. It would be great if we could decide those things in the new layer settings when working in document mode. Currently EVERYTHING must be calculated manually, and manually adjusted in two places: a) calculate the required resolution in pixels, and b) change the ppi value in the layer properties. At the very least I would love to see a PPI setting in the new layer properties.

(4) In the English language "print markers", or "marker" is incorrect. In print publishing terminology "mark" is the correct term. To be specific: "Printer's Marks". "Crop Marks", "Bleed Marks", Registration Marks". The word "Print" is superfluous, in my opinion.

Other bugs encountered:
1) drawing shapes in the CMYK layer with "in active layer" turned on will not use the fill colour as defined in the tool settings. Instead, it uses the toolbox settings, which is inconsistent with how it works in vector mode.

2) lines cannot be drawn directly in a bitmap layer even with 'in active layer' switch on.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: (1) PhotoLine has no built-in bleed options to display or create bleeds automatically. I run into this problem again and again. This means I must account for the bleeds myself - I achieve that by creating a guide preset that calculates an inside bleed of 1/8 inch. Not that friendly for users who just need a quick bleed setting and bleed view setup.
I've done the same thing, setting up a formula-based preset for creating a 4mm outside bleed. That's not too difficult, but it would be nice to have that preset included in the PL distribution package.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And it would be so nice if we could create groups of guides with different colours!!!!! Please???
Yep. As well as dashed guides for indicating folds, with the crop marks for those folds also being dashed lines and included in the "printer's marks" option.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: (1) PhotoLine has no built-in bleed options to display or create bleeds automatically. I run into this problem again and again. This means I must account for the bleeds myself - I achieve that by creating a guide preset that calculates an inside bleed of 1/8 inch. Not that friendly for users who just need a quick bleed setting and bleed view setup.
I've done the same thing, setting up a formula-based preset for creating a 4mm outside bleed. That's not too difficult, but it would be nice to have that preset included in the PL distribution package.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And it would be so nice if we could create groups of guides with different colours!!!!! Please???
Yep. As well as dashed guides for indicating folds, with the crop marks for those folds also being dashed lines and included in the "printer's marks" option.
I also meant "outside" the page when I create bleeds. I don't mind NOT having a bleed marks display option in the view, but the lack of multiple groups of guides that can be turned on and off individually and that have custom colours really makes me perform some desperate work-arounds at times in Photoline.

Here is a quick mockup as a proposal. What do you guys think?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (30.14 KiB) 1963 mal betrachtet
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small feature request.

I do not believe it is possible right now to lock position, selection, and content with a shortcut key. Could we have a shortcut option to lock all of these at once?
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Here is a quick mockup as a proposal. What do you guys think?
No, I think that makes the Guides dialog needlessly complicated.

And where does it all end? I also use "Live Matter" guides for keeping page elements safely away from the trim....

I noticed you include an "eyeball" icon to hide the display of your guides groups. That's an interesting idea and I like that. Maybe those "eyeball" icons could be added to the individual guide items.

Later:
Aha! I see you've included an expand and contract triangle to clean up the dialog. Now that I've had a chance to think about your proposal some more, I'm beginning to like it. :) Perhaps instead of having default defined groups (such as "Bleed", etc.) it would be more versatile to just implement grouping of the guides with user-defined names for the groups. Keeping all your options, too, and possibly adding a line style option.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Here is a quick mockup as a proposal. What do you guys think?

Later:
Aha! I see you've included an expand and contract triangle to clean up the dialog. Now that I've had a chance to think about your proposal some more, I'm beginning to like it. :) Perhaps instead of having default defined groups (such as "Bleed", etc.) it would be more versatile to just implement grouping of the guides with user-defined names for the groups. Keeping all your options, too, and possibly adding a line style option.
The name field in the mockup would be editable. The guides panel would function more or less in a similar way as the layer panel.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I double-clicked by accident on a fill in the layer panel.

First 10 seconds expression on my face. I seriously thought I had broken PhotoLine for a second. I actually tried fixing it by dragging and closing and re-opening the layer properties panel!
Bild

Then the possibilities dawned on me:
Bild

Next five minutes testing it:
Bild

WHAT... WERE... YOU... THINKING Hubers?! ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN' AMAZING. So naughty keeping this hidden from us! When did you add this? I take it this will not be in version 20, but for an upcoming version?

*edit* Thinking about it some more, I feel this should really be part of V20 - it is a showstopper new feature! And so easy to use! Brilliant!

*edit 2* Doesn't work (yet?) with text objects. I really hope you will consider implementing this for type as well - in particular type design would greatly benefit.

*edit 3* I checked the documentation, and I've come to the conclusion that this already existed as an option - something I completely missed?! Am I correct in assuming this? Anyway, if I had known about this feature, it would have saved me time with various projects and designs.

Still stunned! Illustrator can do this too, but I think this implementation is quicker to work with. Thanks! Going to sleep now.

*edit 4* Yep, it's there in version 19.5. Can't believe I missed this.

Come to think of it, it would be nice if we could control opacity and blend mode for each fill and stroke. Perhaps in the next version?

Right, nothing to see here, carry on. Sorry for my outburst of surprise. :D
Zuletzt geändert von Herbert123 am Do 10 Nov 2016 12:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I am trying to combine a 1200ppi monochrome b&w scan with a coloured 300ppi CMYK layer, and output as a PDF that retains the 1200ppi monochrome b&w layer for print.
I've tried something like this (CMYK document, CMYK layer, monochrome layer in multiply mode), and PL retains the 1200 ppi layer in a 300 ppi PL document. Do you have a small crop as a sample PL document? What PDF export options do you use?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: 4) This new monochrome layer will be too large due to a missing ppi option in the new layer dialog. Next, I change the layer's ppi resolution to 1200 in the layer properties. This scales the layer exactly to the document size. (3)

5) I place the scanned 1200ppi b&w artwork in the monochrome layer.
If you paste the 1200 ppi artwork into PL directly, it will be scaled according to its resolution. Anyway, if I need a new layer in higher resolution, I create a normal layer first, then use "Scale Layer" in "Resolution" mode. Not sure if one needs the resolution option in the New Layer dialogue (it's even missing in the "New Document" dialogue).
Why don't you use the bleed settings in Preferences -> File -> PDF? I don't exactly remember if there's a way to display the bleed box in PL, though.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Antworten