Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
wmjordan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Beitrag von wmjordan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I double-clicked by accident on a fill in the layer panel.
I like your enthusiastic post, but I didn't understand where you clicked exactly and what happened after clicking :-)

Martin
This!

multiple fills and strokes.jpg

I was never aware that PhotoLine actually supported multiple stacked fills and strokes! Illustrator can do that, and I was gobsmacked when I discovered it by accident in PhotoLine when I tried to double-click the fill field, but hit the word "Vector" instead. I never knew! :shock:

As a future feature request it would be awesome if both opacity and blend mode for each one could be controlled as well similar to Illustrator.
Still, it is a rather nice surprise!
It has actually been there for quite a few YEARS! At least 8 years as far as I can remember.
I vote for your feature request too.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Black Overprint in PDF

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:That sounds good enough to me. This type of prepress work requires knowledge of prepress work anyway. But perhaps a checkbox in the monochrome layer properties can fix this? Just a suggestion. It also seems that Burkhard's method accomplishes the same result?
Burkhard's solution works fine, but it doesn't allow PDF overprint (only overwriting the K channel), simply because PhotoLine doesn't show the overprint controls for images with transparency.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I am also wondering if it could be possible to assign a spot colour to the monochrome layer just like the grayscale layer. It would allow precise control for high-resolution bitmap spot colours. With the overprint option, of course :-)
I already changed that.

Martin
That is awesome! It expands Photoline's DTP prepress functionality quite a bit with this addition. Thank you! You're so fast implementing useful stuff - incredible.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Aside from this, would it be possible to add a PPI field to the new layer field? This makes it simpler to work with PPI in a document.
This "New Layer" dialog is here for 3 years now, and this is the first time, that I read a complaint about the missing dpi field (at least I don't remember :) ). Aside from that, I don't see the benefit of the dpi field. In the past (with the dpi field) a lot of people had problems understanding the correlation of the pixel size, the dpi value and the physical size of the layer. This, and the fact that most new layers will have the same dpi value as the background layer, let me doubt, that a dpi field is really needed. Those who understand the correlation can easily switch the dpi value or the physical size after creating the new layer using the layer attributes.
Martin
Yes, you are of course correct. I thought it over, and I agree with you: it is not a feature that would be used on a regular basis by most users (the ppi value may very well confuse the average user). And it is simple to change (multiply or divide) the ppi value in the layer properties afterwards.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b3

Beitrag von Paul »

Paul wrote:
Also, when I apply the effect 'Vault', this works fine, but after dragging another image onto the placeholder frame, the effect has disappeared.

Strange, it works fine here. Do you have a small sample document to reproduce that.
I can't reproduce this anymore, I must have done some crazy things. Next time I'll save test-documents better.
- Paul