Problem with color list

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Problem with color list

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

5) The Colors panel: the colour tool-tips obstruct clicking a colour. When hovering over a colour swatch, a tooltip appears. This tool-tip obstructs the user from clicking a colour. I prefer small colour swatches, and I often move the mouse downward a bit when clicking (this is something that occurs naturally when working with a Wacom tablet - the hand moves in arcs).
The trouble is that when I click to select a colour, the mouse cursor is moved downward a bit, it hits the tool-tip, and the tool-tip prevents the click from being registered. The tool-tip disappears, and the colour remains unchanged.
I tried this with the mouse, I had no chance to hit the tool tip.
With the Wacom I didn't get a tool tip because the pen wiggles to much to get one.
What settings do you have for the color list? I had the "normal" setting.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Problem with color list

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I can only say it happens to me all the time - the trouble is that the tooltip appears exactly 1px below the tip of the pointer, and with both the mouse and the Wacom (I have a very steady hand, and use a Wacom Large) it happens it is a chance of 1 in 2 for me to hit the tooltip instead. It seems I often move a couple of pixels down when clicking. It does not really matter what setting I am using - same thing occurs in small mode, large mode, list mode...

If the tooltip would appear a ~15 pixels to either the bottom right or top right it would not be an issue. I checked this with tooltips in browsers, and tooltips appear at least a full cursor height away from the pointer.

Btw, it not only happens in the color lists, but of course also in the texture, pattern, gradient, etc. lists.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

No problems here, using either a Wacom or the Touchpad.

Note: the Tooltip is stationary, so when it appears you can always move the cursor to a more accessible point on the swatch.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The point is that users should not be even be made or become aware of this in the first place. The fact that it negatively affects my workflow is proof enough. Tool-tips in Windows are also placed at least one height of a cursor away from the pointer. I appreciate that your workflow may not be influenced by this issue - the suggestion to "move the cursor" because a tool-tip gets in the way of selecting is akin to putting the cart before the horse.

PhotoLine is the only application ever in my long computing experience (since the ZX81) that causes a selection issue because of a tool-tip that gets in the way of selecting. The tooltip appears too close to the pointer's registration tip.

Just have it appear at the top right of the dropper cursor - problem solved.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

All I'm saying is that when I hover the cursor over a colour swatch, I simply click and the colour is selected. Whether I'm using the Touchpad or the Wacom.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.