Version 21

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

Re: Version 21

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 18:04 Make sure to select the RAW data layer, then apply lens correction.
The RAW data layer being "Background" correct (dark thumbnail)? Not the vector layer if you twirl open the background layer, and not the RAW Adjustments layer?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 22:24The RAW data layer being "Background" correct (dark thumbnail)?
Yes, it is.

If you switch to "Embedded Placeholder" or "File-based Placeholder" in the preferences/options (under "File > Raw > Load As"), PhotoLine will create a placeholder instead of the background image und will create a Lens Correction layer by itself. But note: raw files will be in document mode, then.

Martin
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Thank you, Martin. Does the manual and/or Help pages tell me what the differences are between Picture Mode and Document mode? I've always worked in Picture Mode because I edit photographs from my digital cameras; don't do any type of design work and/or vector art inside PL. But, having the Lens Correction applied automatically is enticing.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Mo 23 Jul 2018 22:52 Thank you, Martin. Does the manual and/or Help pages tell me what the differences are between Picture Mode and Document mode?
It's in chapter 2.11.

Martin
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Hello; 21.01 seems to have fixed the big issues. Lensfun is properly installed in Windows; Lens Correction seems to work.

The first checkbox on the Lensfun tab still says activ (Active). I played with it some; few Lensfun profiles include all three corrections: distortion, vignetting, and chromatic aberration. One that does is Fujifilm XF18-55mmF2 R LM OIS; you can use it to test the functionality. The Active checkbox turns off Lensfun completely; Vignette just turns off vignetting. It seems like it would make more sense to have three checkboxes: Distortion, Vignetting, and Chromatic Aberration, to turn off each function individually.

Also, the Lensfun website lists applications that support it: http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/usage/ . I can’t find a way to contact them and tell them to include PhotoLine; maybe someone across the Atlantic can . . . .