Create and save a custom colour

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Create and save a custom colour

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I've had a quick look but can't find away to create and save a custom colour/color.
I want to add a custom color and use it for numerous future projects. It's a Hex number #a23b3c.

thanks
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Create and save a custom colour

Beitrag von shijan »

PhotoLine color editor is very very powerful, but as requested here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... =45#p46801 it needs some improvements in future.

Double click on Color in Tools.
Swatches are hidden in separate tab under name "Color" (Why not "Color List"?), it is not too elegant but you can copy/paste colors to/from collection.
BildBild

Another faster option is to add panel with swatches as a UI tab (View -> Lists -> Color List) and direct drag and drop color from floating color windows.
Bild

P.S. In most cases instead large separate Color window, i usually use quick floating window. It opened by single click to little button with tiangle arrow near the color patch. In newer PhotoLine versions drag and drop color to swatches works from this quick color window as well.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks. I can get the colour. But darned if I can figure out how to save it for future use.
I'll try again tomorrow when my brain is working a bit better!!!!!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 01 Apr 2020 06:55 Double click on Color in Tools.
Swatches are hidden in separate tab under name "Color" (Why not "Color List"?),
This should be "Colors". We will fix that.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 01 Apr 2020 06:55it is not too elegant but you can copy/paste colors to/from collection.
You can drag the color to the list there, too.
But copying/pasting colors can sometimes be quite handy, so it is always useful to know this.

Martin
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 02 Apr 2020 09:42
Maybe rename it to something more commonly defined like "Color Swatches" or "Color Palettes"? Basic name "Color" is too abstract for this.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi,

to save a new color, please open View -> Lists -> Color list, precede like proposed to add the new color. To save the color list, make a righr click in the empty space of the color list and save the list or better save it with a new filename. You can load your color list via right click in the empty space of the actual color list.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Maxwell. That's exactly what I was looking for.

bruce
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

shijan hat geschrieben: Do 02 Apr 2020 11:35
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 02 Apr 2020 09:42
Maybe rename it to something more commonly defined like "Color Swatches" or "Color Palettes"? Basic name "Color" is too abstract for this.
Agreed - "Color Swatches" would be the standard English in this case. "Color List" or "Colours" is a bit vague and non-defined.

My main workflow issue with Colors, Patterns, Textures, and Gradients lists is that it is not possible to define groups, similar to the ones in Actions. I have many textures and colour palettes, and currently the ONLY way in PhotoLine to organize these is via the very awkward drop-down menu in each list panel.

Worse, ONLY 6 can be loaded up at once and displayed in that list. I have SO MANY MORE! So that means I need to load up these colour palettes and textures EVERY SINGLE TIME I switch to another type of project.

And I can't even fit all the Pantone color books - six entries only possible, and having to go through that pop-up list and reloading the palettes every time... It's very cumbersome and takes time that I otherwise would spend on designing.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:
swatches list.png
Notice that the only way to switch to a different colour palette is the list. But that list only manages up to 6 + the default colour palettes.

It wouldn't be such a problem if the List panels would allow us to group swatches of colours, textures, gradients, patterns, etc. , but this is not possible. And adding all the colours to one palette is obviously unworkable. Nor is there any way to organize these properly. It is not possible to drag swatches from one spot to another. Or multiple-select them and drag them around.

So, I would say everything in regards to colour, gradient, texture, etc. swatches in PhotoLine works quite well, excepting actually managing and organizing them in a convenient and user-friendly way.

This should really be addressed. I have asked for this a few times before.

PS I would also love to have a colour wheel as an alternative to the current colour selector. Such as this one, which also includes keeps track of the current session's colour usage history.
color wheel.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

PS 2: it is also not possible to drag a colour palette file into PhotoLine. That would make life a bit more bearable, even if other proposed features won't be addressed.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

FWIW I like the way Krita handles colours. Allows for easy mixing and saving of palettes etc. Just hinting!!!
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Yep, that Corel Painter style triangle wheel is must have thing. It was always missed in Photoshop and there where some plugin panels for this. But seems new versions of PS now have native color wheel triangle. Hope to see it in PhotoLine as well.

Bild

And sort of folder structure for Swatches collections as well:
Bild