Tutorial panel layout

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Tutorial panel layout

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I am going through the tutorial created by Russell Cottrell and in it he recommends using a changed panel layout. He gives a link to what is supposed to be the xml file describing that layout but when I follow the link the web page displayed on Safari is not an xml file and so is not useful. Given that I have a couple of questions.

1) Does anyone have either a link to the tutorial panel layout or an address that actually goes to an xml file?

2) I am doing this on a Mac (hence Safari) and I have not found any location where a panel layout would live. There is no PhotoLine entry where I would expect it to be (in Application Support in the user's Library folder) or even in the Package Contents, at least that I can find. Can someone tell me where a panel layout file would exist on a Mac system?

I have not yet read the manual, assuming that the tutorial would be better to go through first. If that is wrong perhaps someone might let me know?

Thank you.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Tutorial panel layout

Beitrag von shijan »

Just arrange panels as you like, right click on any panel tab and save layout preset there. You can save up to 10 presets there and load them in same way with mouse right click menu quick and easy.
You can enable or disable different panels in Menu -> View -> Panels
Bild

Just for example this is how some of my layouts looks like:
Bild
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Yes, thank you. That does seem like the best solution.

I was going through the tutorial and thought that I needed the author's panel layout to follow the text but that turns out to be unnecessary, so I ended up not needing the layout after all. I have, as you suggested, just moved the panels around and saved the layout.

I do wonder where the layout information is stored since I can not find it when I look in the folder structure, but that is just my curiosity at work.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Hello; the layout link does go to an .xml file; I can download it with Firefox or Chromium (in Linux). Of course, you can make your own. The native layout (at the time I wrote the tutorial at least) had some panels on the bottom, shrinking the image area. I always put all the panels on the right side. And I regularly use only a few panels; if you need another one for a specific task you can always show it with View - Panels. Nowadays I put the toolbox on the right side as well.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Then I assume the problem must be Safari as it displayed a series of text without any xml structure or separators. I tried to upload a screen shot of what Safari showed me, but apparently there is a 128KB limit as well as width and height restrictions so I could not get very much into a gif and even less into a png file.

As I mentioned in one of my posts my original concern was that I needed the layout to properly follow the tutorial but that turned out to be incorrect so now it is mostly a curiosity.

Thank you for the reply.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

MikeFromMesa hat geschrieben: Fr 03 Dez 2021 20:142) I am doing this on a Mac (hence Safari) and I have not found any location where a panel layout would live. There is no PhotoLine entry where I would expect it to be (in Application Support in the user's Library folder) or even in the Package Contents, at least that I can find. Can someone tell me where a panel layout file would exist on a Mac system?
The settings are in "~/Library/Preferences/PhotoLine".

Martin
Antworten