Neue Testversion 23.40b8

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b8

Beitrag von shijan »

PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 The new export works better now:
- folder name in layer name is nice
I have now extended this. With a layer name like "+/filename" the "+" will be replaced by the name of the group in the future.
And you will be able to copy/paste export settings from one layer to another.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 - double-clicking the file extension to open the settings works great

Other observations regarding the export panel:

- if I add a folder name to the prefix PhotoLine hangs and I have to kill the process, for example: test/@2x
So "test/" is the prefix und "@2x" is the suffix? I did that in my tests and it worked fine. Do you have a sample file to reproduce the problem?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 - it is a bit odd to have the + AND the diskette+ buttons do the exact same thing. To me the + is located where I would expect it to behave like an option to add another export preset. Why not replace the diskette+ icon with a + icon (this seems to be the standard in other software like Figma).
The "+" in the first export line is a test. Replacing the diskette+ icon with a simple "+" wouldn't be correct, because this button is just for adding a new export set and not a generic add button. There might be other features in the future that need an add, too.

Or maybe the disk+ icon should be removed?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 - when a page has no title it is exported as a file without a name. Instead, it would be preferable to use the page number: page02, page03, page04.
Yes, this should be done.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 - I don't really understand what the CSS-Class export property does. It seems to generate a proprietary <class></class> tag, which doesn't exist in the official SVG list of elements. I would have expected it to add a class="classname01 classname02" attribute to the <g> element instead.
Yes, you are right.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47 - similarly, the CSS-Style input field is problematic: when I add something like
#snail_body {stroke:#000066;fill:#00cc00;}
in this field PhotoLine hangs when I try to export an SVG element. (In this example I tried to create a ID selector for a named SVG element in the layer stack.)
I can't reproduce the hang, A small sample file would be helpful.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47What is the purpose of the CSS-Style input option if not to amend the code with our own CSS code, for example as prep for an animated SVG element?
And if it is meant to be used for this, it would be nice to be able to have a multi-line input field - something that could be pulled down to reveal additional lines of code, for example (not strictly necessary, but still nice).
You can manually set the name of a style.
IMHO PhotoLine should automatically create these styles, but it doesn't do that yet. I am not sure that this is even possible, because some vector properties of PhotoLine have to be simulated by a bunch of SVG element, so that a stroke color in PhotoLine might become a fill color in SVG, but in other situations the stroke color might remain a SVG stroke color.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 20:47- is it already possible to re-export to the same folder and overwrite any previously exported existing files? I do this all the time when updating assets in a project.
Not yet, but I still have that on my list.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

@Martin, I will send you a file over the weekend that demonstrates the issue.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Some problems that might already be in older versions:
- Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+C doesn't work. "Edit > merged copy" works fine.
- Alt + Tab only works when the main window is active. IIRC, that's kind of default windows behavior, but it's annoying nonetheless.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
wilson
Mitglied

Beitrag von wilson »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: So 29 Mai 2022 20:11 - Alt + Tab only works when the main window is active. IIRC, that's kind of default windows behavior, but it's annoying nonetheless.
Not sure what you mean. I could not produce a situation where ALT + Tab would not work.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

wilson hat geschrieben: Do 02 Jun 2022 19:16 Not sure what you mean. I could not produce a situation where ALT + Tab would not work.
I mean STRG+Tab, sorry :oops:
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 28 Mai 2022 02:32 @Martin, I will send you a file over the weekend that demonstrates the issue.
Sorry for the late response (we had family visiting from abroad for a few weeks).

I tried again to force a crash, but so far everything works fine with the export. Perhaps I did not save the file and PhotoLine got confused about paths, but I tested that as well, and it still worked.

All of which means that I cannot reproduce the hang while exporting. I will keep an eye out if/when it occurs again.

One small additional request regarding the new export function: currently "page" or "content" is a overall setting for each layer. It would be nice to have that as an option for each export entry as well.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 21:02 Open the LensSilver.pld sample file (I drag and drop it in the empty PhotoLine window).

When I attempt to turn off pixel mode (ctrl-1) PhotoLine crashes after a moment.

Can anyone confirm this? The demo file is located in the PhotoLine/Samples folder.
This bug was inroduced with the faster Gaussian Blur. I will fix this.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 22:34 Agree. It looks really strange to have 2 buttons in panel that look different but do the same thing.
As I wrote above: These are two different functions. The one is a generic add, the other is an "add export option".
shijan hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 22:34 Guess it is better to keep buttons only in one place to avoid confusion.
Well, maybe. Personally, I prefer the "+" in the list field, because it has a direct relation to its function.
shijan hat geschrieben: Di 24 Mai 2022 22:34 Buttons in bottom toolbar looks cleaner. Larger icons are easier to press.
(...)
Also maybe it is possible to make somehow button icons larger in size and also use paired add/remove buttons there? Similar to Mini Adjustment Layers toolbar?
I will make the "+" button a bit larger.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Mai 2022 06:14 Starting form 23.40b7 i attempt to understand what means that new button in Undo panel toolbar "Record Actions Associated with Undo Steps". I even emailed to Martin Huber, and got answer: "This button will create actions based on he undo steps (if possible)." But to be honest i still can't understand the logic or meaning of this button. Is it have any real life purpose?
Well, I think my answer says it all. You can record the undo steps as an action to replay them with another document. And there are certain undo steps, that can't be recorded as an action like painting.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Mai 2022 06:14 P.S. It just feels a little bit strange to see that so many work dedicated to all those new rather questionable Export panels and Record buttons,
This undo->action function is a very long requested feature.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Mai 2022 06:14 but same time no any news about some missing basic "classic" but more real life purposed tools like 16 bit brushes, 16 bit layer styles,
I don't recall that being particularly requested except by you. And so far, I haven't seen a real world example where that's been a problem.
shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Mai 2022 06:14 or "Mean", "Median" layers stacking modes asked by so many users long long time ago...
Those stacks would be nice to have, though I don't know whether they will be widely used.

Martin
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 13 Jun 2022 12:05
shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 25 Mai 2022 06:14 but same time no any news about some missing basic "classic" but more real life purposed tools like 16 bit brushes, 16 bit layer styles,
I don't recall that being particularly requested except by you. And so far, I haven't seen a real world example where that's been a problem.
Problem starts when used medium or large sized brushes. It is visible by naked eye. Banding is visible when apply later tiny amount of adjustment layers or filters to those painted artwork. 8 bit brushes just can't produce smooth enough gradations. Also low bit depth makes impossible to paint in linear gamma and use well known blending mode in linear gamma to get more accurate colors mixing/blending:
https://docs.krita.org/en/general_conce ... gamma.html
https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photograph ... blend.html
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Ashcraaft
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ashcraaft »

Ich habe Abstürze beim Öffnen von JPG-Dateien einer befreundeten Fotografin und sende jetzt 1-2 dieser Fotos an support@pl32.com
Bitte besuche & teile PhotoLine auf folgenden Seiten:
PhotoLine bei Facebook | YouTube

Danke, Sascha Ballweg
(Photoline-Nutzung: Mac OS-X & Windows 10)
Ashcraaft
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ashcraaft »

Ashcraaft hat geschrieben: Di 14 Jun 2022 11:56 Ich habe Abstürze beim Öffnen von JPG-Dateien einer befreundeten Fotografin und sende jetzt 1-2 dieser Fotos an support@pl32.com
Das Problem tritt mit der b9 nicht mehr auf :D
Bitte besuche & teile PhotoLine auf folgenden Seiten:
PhotoLine bei Facebook | YouTube

Danke, Sascha Ballweg
(Photoline-Nutzung: Mac OS-X & Windows 10)