by Martin Huber » Thu 03 May 2018 11:40
PhilM wrote: ↑
Thu 03 May 2018 08:33
Create a 4 page A5 document
Page spread = 2 to make a booklet
In the page list panel, pages 2 and 3 appear as a single page, OK
If I create a new layer based on document, the layer is created on page 2
Are you using "Layer > New Layer"?
As you might have noticed, the positions of layers on double pages are currently displayed relative to the top left of the double page and not relative to the page itself. So to create a layer on the right page, you will have to choose a position on the right page.
Yes, I am using "Layer > New Layer" (or the yellow + button). And it does create a layer the same size of page 2. That is fine.
There is no obvious way to do the same on page 3 ?
PhilM wrote: ↑
Thu 03 May 2018 08:33
If I select page 3 in the page list panel (page 3 icon is grayed), the new layer is still created on page 2
Selecting a page in the Page List isn't activating it.
There are currently three ways to make a (sub) page the active one:
- Select a layer on it.
- Access and disband the context menu of the page's thumbnail in the Page List.
- Explicitly enter the page number in the page navigation bar.
OK. Then, what does "Selecting the page" do ?
PhilM wrote: ↑
Thu 03 May 2018 08:33
Also, using contextual menu Delete, deletes page 2 even if page 3 is selected
You mean the context menu (right click) of the Page List? That works here. What exactly are you doing?
Yes the context menu after "Selecting" page 3 (you said it actually does not select the sub-page).
I click on sub-page 3. Then right click to open the context menu to Delete or Add page(s).
I would have expected that selecting page 3 would open the Delete dialog with default values to delete "From page 3 to 3".
Not "From page 2 to 2".
PhilM wrote: ↑
Thu 03 May 2018 08:33
Using the arrows in the status bar moves from page 2/4 directly page 4/4.
I could make it switch from 2->3->4, but I don't know whether this would be annoying.
I have the same doubt.
Anyhow, all of this is just unexpected or misleading behavior. Not a bug.
On the other hand, as soon as you place an object (image, layer or text) on a sub-page, it is correctly connected with that page.
If I place some text on the right page, that text layer is part of page 3.
As a matter of fact if you change the document spread to "Single pages", the text layer is in fact on page 3.
Perfect.
Thanks a lot.
Philippe