Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Thank you @shijan for confirming.
Benutzeravatar
der_fotograf
Mitglied
Beiträge: 672
Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
Wohnort: North Germany

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

und dann ging das mit leerer Palette los.
Nein, das lief und läuft alles ganz normal unter macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 (19H2026)

Nur im Dialog »Change« gibt es dann einen Mix von Englisch und Deutsch:

Screenshot 2025-01-25 at 06.57.32.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2043
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Jan 2025 18:28 Thank you @shijan for confirming.
Panorama Stitching in PhotoLine don't works and crashes as well. Used free examples from https://github.com/DatCanCode/panorama
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

:arrow: Can confirm. Panorama Stitching and Focus Stacking both crashes PL on windows at this moment.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1: Vector Blending/Morphing Crash

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Hello:

I'm testing out vector layer morphing. It's been a crashing, but not predictably.

Morphing between two vector layers works.
Morphing between morphed vector layers crashes PL.

When I am reliably able to reproduce the steps, I'll post an update. Meanwhile, if someone else wants to, try morphing between morphed layers.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2043
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

From 25 release notes:
"Path Text
If you let text run along a path/vector layer, you can now drag the vector layer onto the text layer in the Layer List. This declutters the layer list and the layer structure makes it immediately clear along which path the text runs."

It seems like it don't works. It is impossible to drag vector layer onto the text layer.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Do 23 Jan 2025 23:58 Mist, jetzt hab ich doch noch was...
Ich hab PL in "Program files" installiert und einen PhotoLineSettings-Ordner angelegt. Nervt wie sau, aber dafür habe ich nachvollziehbare Settings.

"Web-Export", "PNG", "Farben reduzieren", "Einstellungen ändern"
Der Dialog öffnet sich mit Farbanzahl 0 und "Farben nicht reduzieren", und so sieht die Palette auch aus: Leer.
Wähle ich 16 Farben, wird der Radiobutton "Farben reduzieren" automatisch aktiviert. Die Palette bleibt aber leer, und alle zugehörigen Optionen bleiben grau.
Erst nachdem ich manuell mit der Maus zwischen "Farben nicht reduzieren" und "reduzieren" gewechselt bin,wird die Palette korrekt aktiviert.

:arrow: Can confirm this is the same for me on windows.
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

shijan hat geschrieben: So 26 Jan 2025 01:31 From 25 release notes:
"Path Text
If you let text run along a path/vector layer, you can now drag the vector layer onto the text layer in the Layer List. This declutters the layer list and the layer structure makes it immediately clear along which path the text runs."

It seems like it don't works. It is impossible to drag vector layer onto the text layer.
This works correctly for me on Windows.
Text on Path.jpg
The steps are: First run the text on path, then pull the vector into the text layer.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2043
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

OK, i got it, it works.
I was thinking by mistake that it was designed to work in different way, like drag vector object to any text and so that text start to run on dragged object path.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Ist die 25.00 jetzt eigentlich offitiell raus?
Download sieht nach 25.00 aus, hier im Forum ist aber noch nichts angekündigt.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1: Morphing Limitations

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Hi: Was working yesterday on a small project and ran into a limitation. I wanted to illustrate and demonstrate the differences between HSL and HSV colour spaces. So I drew mesh gradient circle representing the colour wheel, skewed it. Then, copied the shape, resized it to a very small circle. Now, I wanted to morph between the two shapes to create a conical structure.

Does not work. I tried to think through what was happening, and realized that mesh gradients can't be morphed. Which is slightly counter intuitive if you think about it. Mesh gradient, being vector, should be allowed to interpolate. I realise this can be computationally costly, but still, the option should exist.

What do you think? First, could someone else first verify that mesh gradients can't in fact be morphed?
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

I was working with an older program, DrawPlus, which is now discontinued. Serif which made Affinity once made it. Any way, there's one killer feature in there, called Smart Transform. It's hard to explain, so I recorded a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5w9YWQg4w - Have a look. It would be extremely handy to have this in PL. It helps in so many situations where I want to resize and transform objects without losing their exact coordinate positions! :)

And, instead of having a toggle button, just adding a modifier to enable smart transform should work. Perhaps Alt + Transform. Since Alt is already free in PL.

P.S. :

:idea: As I was thinking through this, I realised that implementing this should be much easier. PL already has the lock position function. It is now only a matter of allowing transform functions to happen while the lock position is on. We should be able to make multiple selections and alt + transform for smart transformation (transformation with position locked).

For instance, presently, you can lock layer position and go to rotate layer, and rotate just the individual layer.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2043
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von shijan »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Mo 20 Jan 2025 16:49 Was ich gefühlt seit der Erfindung der Funktion immer wieder falsch mache: "Vektor > Zerschneiden", weil ich grundsätzlich die 2 Vektorebenen in falscher Reihenfolge markiere.
Zerschneiden gibt 2 Vektoren aus: "Was nur in Vektor A ist" und " Was in Vektor A und B ist"
Wenn noch der 3. Vektor "Was nur in Vektor B ist" hinzukäme, dann wäre ich zufriedener.
As it was discussed earlier, i still believe that it could be way simpler if Vector->Cut just create slices for all possible intersections and didn't delete any objects at all. So user could decide which parts to keep and which to delete manually.
INoVXye.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Benutzeravatar
Herbert123
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2455
Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Di 28 Jan 2025 15:33 I was working with an older program, DrawPlus, which is now discontinued. Serif which made Affinity once made it. Any way, there's one killer feature in there, called Smart Transform. It's hard to explain, so I recorded a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5w9YWQg4w - Have a look. It would be extremely handy to have this in PL. It helps in so many situations where I want to resize and transform objects without losing their exact coordinate positions! :)

And, instead of having a toggle button, just adding a modifier to enable smart transform should work. Perhaps Alt + Transform. Since Alt is already free in PL.

P.S. :

:idea: As I was thinking through this, I realised that implementing this should be much easier. PL already has the lock position function. It is now only a matter of allowing transform functions to happen while the lock position is on. We should be able to make multiple selections and alt + transform for smart transformation (transformation with position locked).

For instance, presently, you can lock layer position and go to rotate layer, and rotate just the individual layer.
A transformation option like that would be handy to have. Part of the functionality is already implemented (if a bit hidden): when multiple objects are selected, using the layer properties to rotate, scale, skew, ... will transform each object individually along its own axis.

..in case you @Vivi_Ram hadn't already discovered that :wink:
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 429
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b1

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

This is cool. No, I did not know that. That's a bit hidden away. It can be augmented and made more visible. I badly needed this yesterday. Wrote a pretty lengthy, 44-pages along report for a client with lots of infographics. Finalized everything. Made print-ready. Nearly sent to press. Guess what? "How about we make it landscape instead of potrait?" said the client. After I had plucked my eye out and put it back in, I went to change the whole document into a landscape one. The tables, infographics, and so on which were laid down vertically hand to be changed horizontally. Whatever could be rotated, I did. But at one point, I needed to select all text and rotate them along their axis without losing coordinate position. Ehhh... could not do it. I was effing blind at InDesign. As usual.