Ansteuerung mittels MIDI Controller

Tida
Mitglied

Re: Ansteuerung mittels MIDI Controller

Beitrag von Tida »

In General the trick is to use both hands but doing different thinks. Eating food with two hands is more natural then doing it with one.
Nothing would prevent one to use a tablet or mouse as well;)
In addition one is not limited to use a midi controller with different software programs.

I'm just implementing screw acceleration which should behave similar to mouse move acceleration. But here not only for xy movements, also for sendkey frequencies.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

The new beta version is out...
Curve editor: If the focus is on the curve editor, "+" and"-" switch to the next/previous curve point.
Just downloaded this version and it works like a charm!!!

Standard Curves and Hue Editor Curves works. Even if a click is fired onto the area points can be activated. And very important for the MIDI controller - at a fixed position in Adjustment Layer.

I realize that COLOR FILTER is working with up/down keystrokes. It would be great if you could let the COLOR FILTER dialog be integrated into the adjustment layer.

Now, everything important can be easily accessed by MIDI controller...

The integration of automatically accelerated keystrokes in my Logger-program works really good for curve adjustments. It gives a natural feel and it is very quick to find the right position.

I would like to ask you when I could upgrade to version 21 as I'm on version 19 :D
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

And here now a short Video how to control curves with auto accelerated keyboard shortcuts received by MIDI controller knob screws:

https://youtu.be/2zVYNrEalfk
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

SECOND Draft for PAD and KNOP assignment for MIDI CONTROLLER: (Updated)
Knob Arrangement HD.jpg
Knob Arrangement HD.jpg (79.16 KiB) 5376 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von Tida am Mi 06 Jun 2018 16:15, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

Below is PLD file describing order of assignment. It does include the Layers which are used. This is also very helpful by developing the CODE and define the points to access. It's now 75% finished for PhotoLine and I will releasee a light version of HopControl soon.
Dateianhänge
Knob Arrangement HD.pld
(88.73 KiB) 165-mal heruntergeladen
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

HopControl is now a little bit sylized:
HopControl.jpg
HopControl.jpg (121.54 KiB) 5355 mal betrachtet
You see, I even integrated a magnifier and an image for screenshot to show selected area for relative position calculations.
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

What is "HopControl" ?
Code of your own to convert midi messages to keystrokes ?
Why don't you use Bome's translator ?

Philippe
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

What is "HopControl" ?
HopControl is a MIDI Translator but with big differences compared to Bome's
Code of your own to convert midi messages to keystrokes ?
Not only MIDI Translator, also Keystroke Translator. This is why I can control Contour Shuttle much better than with their original software.
Why don't you use Bome's translator ?
If you compare both you will see that HopControl looks completely different. There are so many things I was missing. This might be due to the effect that Bome's Translator also cares for MIDI output.

Now I can integrate whatever I want. Just to name a few points:
  • HopControl can give rotational knobs self acceleration feeling. That means if you screw quickly you make large changes - if slowly you end up with small changes.
  • It does detect software automatically and it assigns same knobs with other functions to the new software program
  • You have a better overview as whole coding is kept in one and the same table. Every column can be sorted, first column keeps the structure due to renumbering like old style programming from the '80s - that's the time when I learned myself BASIC programming with Commodore VC20
  • Code is distinguished in INIT, RUN, DONE procedures with different timers and startup events - this simplifies the code and keeps it short as well as universal
  • You can build up all XY-points for you controls relatively. That means you define very few areas and save Xr,Yr values for the location of the controls. This is good if you change something with your Monitor resolution or just change the appearance of the window frames. If this happens you only have to change very few absolute XY-points for the area. You can save a screenshot of this area and compare it with the new area when re-scaling happened - makes it easy to memorize.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

So, now my development is becoming a little bit more sophisticated as HopControl becomes some Vision tools. This will have the effect for photoline, that it can recognize which layer tool is just on the bench and then will automatically assign knobs and tabs.

At the end of the day this will be really customer friendly as you do not have to search or memorize buttons etc. This opens up also the way of more simpler MIDI controllers to work with...

Below you see that HopControl will be able to read text according to analyse shape of text a simple way and then it will assign new setup in the background.

Aim is, to receive a robust recognition...
HopControl - 1st step give recog.jpg
HopControl - 1st step give recog.jpg (90.51 KiB) 5226 mal betrachtet
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

I'm still optimizing the route to make PhotoLine assignment to MIDI Controller as effective as possible. I just included in HopControl area scanning of HWnd Handles. That means this is a very robust and fast way to influence or receive information of any windows object in an external program.

A nice open source project, where you get a clue what I mean is as follows:

https://github.com/appsecco/winmanipulate

Hence I'm now able to receive automatically optimized position of ComboBoxes, Buttons and Edit fields. It becomes customer friendly, as you always can assign the elements to the same logic.

For example, when you count 4 or less "Edit Fields" you assign rotational knobs in one row, if you count up to 6 you align in a (3+3) and up to 8 in a (4+4) way.

(3+3) Exposure, Histogram Correction, Clouds
(4+4) Gray Mixer

Areas like Toolbox or Adjustment Layer can be chosen with one punch and "Edit Fields" will be assigned to different rotational knobs.

For a fast access to the "ComboBoxes" each item will be assigned to a pad. That means you can choose directly RGB, Lab, HSV etc. as the script cares about opening the ComboBox by "Left Click", one "Down" or more to choose and finally a "Tab" to enter.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

A BIG THUMBS UP FOR Photoline:)

Possibility for assignment with regards to Windows-Handles is a big selling point for PhotoLine. It might be by accident, but PhotoLine on Windows platform is really the best Image Editor I have seen which can be mapped for MIDI controller. With a few tricks it is also possible to find out the min/max limits automatically. This is not only important for limiting the control values, it is also important to scale the steps of changing the values. In addition they are now auto accelerated.

The mapping codes becomes shorter and shorter whereas controls are more and more reliable. I can now rotate two knobs parallel and see the sliders and numbers moving. If I would have third hand I could carry out independent mouse actions at the same time.

Below you see that only the area has to be defined and the rest will be detected. For Edit Text - the Handle ID and the min/max values; for Buttons and ComboBoxes the middle location.

Scanning is quick, as only one point per control object has to be found.

ScanWindowHandles_1.jpg
ScanWindowHandles_1.jpg (107.66 KiB) 5114 mal betrachtet
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

Just a short video where you can see, that Controlls for Brush Editor, Layers and Toolbox are assigned automatically. Simultaneous working with two hands is possible.
Rotate elliptical brush while moving mouse, zoom in and out while middle click mouse and move screen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hlmBeR ... e=youtu.be
Antworten