Couple of observations while I am working on schematic drawings in PhotoLine:
- when rotating an object clockwise, I would expect the degree to start from 0->new degree starting from 0. Currently PhotoLine counts down from 360 degrees, however. So when I rotate clockwise by 30 degrees, the Angle in the layer properties states a 330 degrees. This seems very counter intuitive to me, and in any other design and 3d software that I am aware of, rotating an object clockwise behaves exactly opposite.
Also, adding a value wih the addition oprator (+) results in a counter-clockwise rotation, while subtraction (-) results in a clockwise rotation. It's very counter-intuitive.
So rotating an object by 30 degrees clockwise ought to say 30 degrees in the layer properties, I think. And adding 30 degrees to an existing rotational value should rotate clockwise.
- Scaling by precise values ignores the origin. Even when Centered is activated in the Layer Tool Settings, scaling via the Layer Properties (Size and Scaling parameters) ignores this setting, and always takes the right top point of the bounding box as its origin for transformation. This makes it really hard at times to work precisely. For example, it is not possible to duplicate a circle, and use the layer properties to scale the second copy from the center outwards.
Worse, when an object is already mirrored in one or more axes, it becomes completely unpredictable which corner point will be used as its point of transformation - even snapping the origin to a specific corner point is ignored by the scaling and Size properties in the Layer properties panel.
- Scaling an object with the mouse displays a small tooltip now which informs the user about the size of the object. However, it doesn't include delta parameters (absolute unit and %) which inform the user by how much the scaling has been changed! So it is only of relatively small practical value.
- Only the scaling displays a tooltip: rotation, position, skewing with the mouse do not. This seems rather inconsistent, and I would love to see tooltips for all transformations. And include the delta values in both the currently active unit and percentages.
- displaying the tooltip while transforming the origin would also be truly useful.
Finally, I wish, while editing groups of vector points, it would be possible to use transformations on groups of selected points, and have the option to select multiple bezier handle points, and transform these all at once as well.
But what I'd really like to be able to do is to simply select multiple bezier handles and move them in tandem to retain the exact shape on both sides of a shape, but that is just not possible in PhotoLine at the moment. That makes it very, very difficult and cumbersome to work more precisely with vector drawings in PhotoLine.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 firstname.lastname@example.orgGhz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait