Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine Tools

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: [Part 2] Large List of Suggestions and Requests for Photoline UI and Tools

Post by Martin Huber » Mon 03 Aug 2020 17:49

shijan wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020 13:50
Is it possible to use vector line style outline as a mask?
What kind of clipping do you expect with a green fill color and a magenta outline?

Basically you can clip with the content of a layer by putting it inside an isolated group ("Layer Attributes > Extended: Draw Isolated") and clipping with that group.

Martin

shijan
Mitglied

Re: [Part 2] Large List of Suggestions and Requests for Photoline UI and Tools

Post by shijan » Mon 03 Aug 2020 18:04

Martin Huber wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020 17:49
shijan wrote:
Mon 03 Aug 2020 13:50
Is it possible to use vector line style outline as a mask?
Basically you can clip with the content of a layer by putting it inside an isolated group ("Layer Attributes > Extended: Draw Isolated") and clipping with that group.
thanks for tip! It sort of works. But it creates only image-based mask based on color, but not a real vector mask.
What kind of clipping do you expect with a green fill color and a magenta outline?
I mean Vector-based mask. Vector object mask seems don't depends of colors at all. As i understand Outline is also sort of native vector-based object? So why don't use outline same as vector object mask? For example it may be very useful when you draw with Create Line Tool and use it as live vector-based mask.
Probably it may be some checkbox in mask preferences "Use vector outline".
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302

shijan
Mitglied

Re: Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine Tools

Post by shijan » Mon 03 Aug 2020 19:52

Future request for Line Style Editor. Option to generate open arrows like these. Adjustable arrow angle and length.
Last edited by shijan on Thu 06 Aug 2020 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Wed 05 Aug 2020 19:35

Enable or disable masks from multiple selected adjustment layers.

Currently adjustments layer masks may be enabled or disabled only one by one. Not too convenient:

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Sun 25 Oct 2020 02:45

1. There are two transform modes in text tool: In Normal mode text size stays unchanged inside transformed frame. In Extended mode text transforms as normal object.
Don't you think that it could be more logical to use simple object-like transform mode in Normal mode? For me personally it was very strange to see text tool that behaves like this. In most apps text tool transforms like simple object, so users usually just expect to type something and adjust text object size.

Last edited by shijan on Tue 03 Nov 2020 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

Herbert123
Mitglied

Post by Herbert123 » Sun 25 Oct 2020 09:30

shijan wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 02:45
1. There are two transform modes in text tool: In Normal mode text size stays unchanged inside transformed frame. In Extended mode text transforms as normal object.
Don't you think that it could be more logical to use simple object-like transform mode in Normal mode? For me personally it was very strange to see text tool that behaves like this. In most apps text tool transforms like simple object, so users usually just expect to type something and adjust text object size.
No, I disagree. In any DTP software this is the accepted behaviour. I do quite a lot of text layouts in PhotoLine, and it would drive me insane if the default behaviour would be to scale the text when grabbing the handles. In InDesign, Quark, Scribus, etc. the default behaviour is to extend the text space rather than scaling the text.
And pressing the CTRL key allows for text scaling - exactly like InDesign and other DTP apps.

In my opinion the current implementation is how it should be. So please do not change this behaviour, because it makes no sense when working with lots of text in a layout.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait

Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Post by Gerhard Huber » Sun 25 Oct 2020 09:35

I agree with Herbert123.
2. Not sure if it is a real bug but seems once you transform frame in Normal mode, it is impossible to to return it to mode when typed text auto extends frame. Is it possible to fix this problem somehow?
There is no way back. If you need it, just copy your text and insert it into a newly created text layer.

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Sun 25 Oct 2020 15:13

Gerhard Huber wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 09:35
There is no way back. If you need it, just copy your text and insert it into a newly created text layer.
That DTP-like text mode is useful in many situations for sure, but the main problem that it is implemented in not friendly and dangerous way. Even normal "Undo" don't work. Once you touch transform control and forget to press Control buttpon by accident - it is impossible to to return it to mode when typed text auto extends frame.
There where a lot of situations when i fine adjusted text layer, and then i forget to press Control button when transform it and boom - all work is broken. Copy text to new layer is not a real problem fix.
Currently for simple text transform i usually should do huge amount of annoying actions to make sure that i don't broke my text layer by accident: Switch to Layer Tool -> Switch to Extended mode -> Do text transform -> Switch to Normal mode -> back to other tools.

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Post by Martin Huber » Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:44

shijan wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 15:13
Even normal "Undo" don't work.
I will fix that.

Martin

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Mon 26 Oct 2020 20:11

Martin Huber wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:44
I will fix that.
It would be great!
Just thinking... Maybe also add some switch in preferences that will set default mode for text transform tool? So people who use PhotoLine for text publishing will keep use it as before. And people who use PhotoLine for design and quick collages may use text as basic object by default without pressing "Control" hotkey.

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Wed 28 Oct 2020 02:12

Request/Idea: CMS Adjustment Layer. (This probably was already requested few times on the forum)
:arrow: Adjustment Layer that transforms "From" -> "to" color space or color model.

Usage example:
[CMS Adjustment Layer Input ICC to LAB] -> adjust something in LAB model -> [CMS Adjustment Layer LAB to ProprohoRGB] -> adjust something in RGB model. (Source file remains unchanged. All multiple CMS transforms are non destructive in single PLD file.)

Currently at Document level it is only possible to use single step "Layer to Document" color space/model transform. This feels not too comfortable when multiple color management steps are required. For example Switching from Input to LAB to RGB require two steps and intermediate file copy.
1. Layer Input ICC to Document LAB and save file copy.
2. Open saved file and transform Layer Input LAB to Document ProPhotoRGB.

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Sun 01 Nov 2020 09:17

An idea for WEB Export: Add "Resize" option to "WEB Export" window.
This allow to export smaller sized images from large document source in one single click.

Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Post by Gerhard Huber » Sun 01 Nov 2020 09:29

shijan wrote:
Sun 01 Nov 2020 09:17
An idea for WEB Export: Add "Resize" option to "WEB Export" window.
This allow to export smaller sized images from large document source in one single click.
too much options for this. Use the "Action" option to realize this.

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Sun 01 Nov 2020 09:39

For each export size you need to create new action. Same time Resize integrated in WEB export window may speedup things a little sometimes. People usually work with large sized photos and in Large color spaces. So export in single click to proper size and sRGB color space for WEB always feels like useful option. But yep, it is not a critical option and Action drop menu in WEB Export works well.

Anyway, here is plenty of empty space for Resize controls :)

shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan » Mon 02 Nov 2020 12:25

Request for R G B curves preview in single window.
ImageImage