Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
User avatar
shijan
Mitglied
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2019 15:21
Location: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by shijan »

Martin Huber wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 12:03
shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 00:38 - Levels Auto Correction detection is different in full and mini adjustment window. Histogram have slightly different position in full and mini
adjustment window.
Because of performance reasons, the Adjustment Layer panel is using a smaller version of document for calculating the bounds. Therefore they might differ a bit.
Maybe it not due performance optimization, but just some in-out points calculation mistake? The difference in rather visible.
Image
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Martin Huber »

shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 19:25 Ok, let me explain again. In Text Tool Settings there are independent checkboxes "Distort Characters" and "Run on Path". Before version 23 everything worked well. I could use "Distort Characters" or "Run on Path" or both.
"Distort Characters" is an option of "Run on Path". You could never use "Distort Characters" without "Run on Path".
shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 19:25 But starting from version 23 something was broken there and now "Distort Characters" always turned on together with "Run on Path".
I can not turn off "Run on Path" and can't use "Distort Characters" alone.
"Run on Path" turns on and adds default shape from gallery instead of path layer.
Which "path layer"?
shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 19:25Same problem happens if i use "Layout->Text->Run on Path"

My guess it could be a bug in Text->Run on Path and also Text->Run in Path. They should use by default bottom path layer, but not path from gallery.
It works as intended. In the Tool Settings, "Run on Path" uses the bottom path if there is one.
"Layout > Text > Run on Path" doesn't do that and never has.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Martin Huber »

shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 00:38Multiple bugs with Export panel:
- Some icons disappear from menu and toolbar if click to "Quick Export Path" and then change Panel Layout preset.
I will fix that.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Martin Huber »

shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 20:37
Martin Huber wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 12:03
shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 00:38 - Levels Auto Correction detection is different in full and mini adjustment window. Histogram have slightly different position in full and mini
adjustment window.
Because of performance reasons, the Adjustment Layer panel is using a smaller version of document for calculating the bounds. Therefore they might differ a bit.
Maybe it not due performance optimization, but just some in-out points calculation mistake? The difference in rather visible.
No, it's the reason I gave.
User avatar
shijan
Mitglied
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2019 15:21
Location: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by shijan »

Martin Huber wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 09:52 Martin
So what is the point of these checkboxes? In older versions it was possible to use "Distort Characters" and turn off "Run on Path".
Image

I used "Distort Characters" to create text effects many times. I literally created those AAAA icons for "Distort Characters" options using "Distort Characters" :) I just don't have older PL versions to record animation example.
Image

I know that "Layout->Text->Run on Path" and "Layout->Text->Run in Path" don't use bottom layer. Those tools formally same as text tools in toolbox, so i guess in those tools user expect that bottom vector layer will be used as path. Using vector objects from gallery menu looks not too usable in real life.
Image
Last edited by shijan on Fri 09 Sep 2022 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
User avatar
shijan
Mitglied
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2019 15:21
Location: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by shijan »

Martin Huber wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 10:31
shijan wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 20:37
Martin Huber wrote: Wed 07 Sep 2022 12:03
Because of performance reasons, the Adjustment Layer panel is using a smaller version of document for calculating the bounds. Therefore they might differ a bit.
Maybe it not due performance optimization, but just some in-out points calculation mistake? The difference in rather visible.
No, it's the reason I gave.
If borders set to 0%, the difference in Auto Correction detection may be really huge :( This performance optimization just makes Auto Correction unusable. Form user side this is confusing, because unknown which histogram to believe.
Image
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3980
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Martin Huber »

shijan wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 10:53 So what is the point of these checkboxes? In older versions it was possible to use "Distort Characters" and turn off "Run on Path".
I doubt that. I don't know such a version.
There were versions that disabled the other controls when "Run on Path" wasn't activated. But then there were complaints that this forces the user to operate in a certain order, so we changed that.
shijan wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 10:53I used "Distort Characters" to create text effects many times. I literally created those AAAA icons for "Distort Characters" options using "Distort Characters" :)
At least the current version of your icons uses path text.
shijan wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 10:53 I just don't have older PL versions to record animation example.
Lucky me :-)
shijan wrote: Thu 08 Sep 2022 10:53I know that "Layout->Text->Run on Path" and "Layout->Text->Run in Path"
don't use bottom layer. Those tools formally same as text tools in toolbox, so i guess in those tools user expect that bottom vector layer will be used as path. Using vector objects from gallery menu looks not too usable in real life.
IMHO most users create path text the standard way:
  • Create a vector layer.
  • Select the text tool.
  • Click on the outline of the vector layer.
  • Enter text.
User avatar
shijan
Mitglied
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2019 15:21
Location: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by shijan »

Ok, so from your point of view it was a bug that i used as normal option? :shock:
Anyway, why don't allow to turn off Shape and use only "Distort Characters"? For example just allow to set Shape to "None".
Example:
Image
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Juan
Mitglied
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu 06 Oct 2011 08:08

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Juan »

Hello,
Would it be possible to "zoom in" on the Optimize HDR adjustment layer window?
When working with high color depth the graph look like this:
optimizehdr.jpg
As you can see, it is impossible to see what is happening in the graph area. Therefore, I was thinking on a graph visual limit where the user sets the minimum and maximum value, or maybe a zoom slider :?: . This limits are not intended to affect the picture values, is just to zoom in/out in the graph.

And another thing is there is a visual bug in the graph area as you can see in the attahced picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
shijan
Mitglied
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2019 15:21
Location: Ukraine

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by shijan »

Yep, UI text bug on macOS also visible.
Invisible Histogram bug seems only Windows related?
Image

P.S. If it is not a bug but just a low visible Histogram itself, i can recommend switch to Log mode everywhere. This improves Histogram visibility in lower areas.
Image
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Juan
Mitglied
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu 06 Oct 2011 08:08

Re: Neue Testversion 23.40b13

Post by Juan »

I don't think is a bug not displaying the graph, is just the picture has such a high color range that the graph shows the whole range and the start and end "triagles" looks like one.

Using the same graph than in my previous post, if I drag the end triangle all the way to the right, you can see the pictrue range.
optimizehdr2.JPG

In my case, having it in Linear you can see a little tiny bit of the graph.
bit.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.