Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

evren hat geschrieben:> 3D body doesn't show up in any type of layers. You need to click fix layer to see the effect.
photoken seams to have the same problem. I don't have it here. A test document would be useful.
evren hat geschrieben:> When clicked on FIX, 3D body creates a group with many vector layers (sides)
Fixing a layer with 3D body has to create many layers to get the gradient of the depth. That's the intended behavior.
evren hat geschrieben:> I felt a problem in selections. In a picture with 5 layers (no groupping etc, plain) it needs to click many times to choose
I think we didn't change this. You do know, that vector layers with transparent fill color can be selected on the border only?

Gerhard
ono
Mitglied

Beitrag von ono »

When activating Black Mode on Mac all textual controls look now like disabled (gray text):
Zrzut ekranu 2014-07-09 o 11.26.09.png
Can we please use black tex until black mode colors drops below 128. Same as for labels?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | CBCT/PET tomography engineer
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I just noticed we can now click and drag in one action!

AWESOME

That makes life in more complex documents with many layers three or four times faster to work with. I think this, together with multiple object selection across groups, are the best new features. Many thanks!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed we can now click and drag in one action!
Doesn't work here (OS X 10.9.4). But something has changed:

1) if you click on an already selected layer, the layer will move with the cursor (until you click again). Previously, you could select the layer(s) below the layer in that way but now the selecteed layer will start moving unintentionally.

2) Shift-click to add a layer to the selection/remove it from a selection doesn't work any more – If you try to un-select a layer, you end up moving the layer.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
evren hat geschrieben:> 3D body doesn't show up in any type of layers. You need to click fix layer to see the effect.
photoken seams to have the same problem. I don't have it here. A test document would be useful.
Gerhard
Here a screenshot of the 3d body panel:
3Dbody.jpg
Here is a document, just click on Fix layer and the 3d body will appear.
3Dbody.zip
Cheers
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: 3D Body Effect broken for vector object

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:When a closed vector object is selected, the 3D Body effect can't be applied.
Can you send me a sample document? support@pl32.com
Sent.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

evren hat geschrieben:> When clicked on FIX, 3D body creates a group with many vector layers (sides)
Fixing a layer with 3D body has to create many layers to get the gradient of the depth. That's the intended behavior.

Gerhard
I am experiencing the same issue: applying the 3d body effect does not do anything until the layer is fixed.

A secondary problem with the 3d body is that turning on anti-aliasing causes artifacts in the shadows. But without anti-aliasing the edges look very ragged. So currently the only option is to:
- add the 3d body effect;
- scale the layer up by ~200/300%
- then fix the scaling (must be done, otherwise the next step produces a very upscaled pixelized version)
- convert the layer to rgb
- then scale down the layer back to its original intended size with "Scale Layer" in the Layer menu

...which results in an acceptable anti-aliased version. But that is a lot of steps!

Perhaps the current 3d body implementation could be replaced by a newer engine in a future release? But I am not certain if that would be worth the effort: there are so many 3d tools out there, from simple to complex ones that all outperform Photoline. Perhaps Photoline could create a connection to one of these existing tools instead.

Not too sure. What I do know is that the 3d body effect is quite limited in its current state.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:What I do know is that the 3d body effect is quite limited in its current state.
Limited compared to dedicated 3D programs, yes, but still quite nice to have (until broken in 18.40b14).
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben:Here is a document, just click on Fix layer and the 3d body will appear.
No problems here, using OS X 10.9.4.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:A secondary problem with the 3d body is that turning on anti-aliasing causes artifacts in the shadows.
Here, PL doesn't antialias 3d bodies at all (doesn't work with PL 18.02, either). I can only get antialiasing if I fix the 3d body. No obvious artefacts there.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Would be possible to use/fit the document width for the Map tab?... Or even better an option to choose from Document or active layer regardless the Edge Width.
As you can see in the screenshot, the map is almost useless with an Edge Width of 250%.
Map.jpg
Cheers
Juan
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:you should create a "cutting" vector layer. This layer should be a closed path. Then....
I already start to use. Just the problem is it also includes the cutting vector to the final result. If it will just cut (without including / merging the cutting vector to the result) it will be absolutely great.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:A test document would be useful
About: 3D test document (many sent but let me sent also)
Can not attach, linked: http://evrencomert.com/3D.pld
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:You do know, that vector layers with transparent fill color can be selected on the border only?
About: Selection needs multipe click
They were image layers without transparent parts. I will test this again and try to report how and when to re-produce.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed we can now click and drag in one action!
Ops looks like we will need to put move lock to all layers to avoid accidental moves. When you work with hundreds of layers, you start to think in different issues :roll:
photoken hat geschrieben:I've now learned to use the "Split Vector Layer" command to separate the cut objects into individual layers
This is also the only known way to deal with overlapping vectors in PL. Just keep in mind, you'll need :idea:
bkh hat geschrieben:There are two new menu entries under Layout -> Alignment: "Distribute Layers Equally Hor./Vert." , and two additional icons (the last two ones in the bottom row) in the tool settings of the layer tool.
Those already exist from previous (beta 13) release. That's why I confused and ask. Since options were looking all same.

All bests
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

evren hat geschrieben:
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:you should create a "cutting" vector layer. This layer should be a closed path. Then....
I already start to use. Just the problem is it also includes the cutting vector to the final result. If it will just cut (without including / merging the cutting vector to the result) it will be absolutely great.
if you have a closed path to cut, you won't get an included cutting vector.

Gerhard
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

evren hat geschrieben:
if you have a closed path to cut, you won't get an included cutting vector.

Gerhard
Hallo,

bei mir ist ebenfalls die "beschneidende" Vektorebene" im Ergebnis. Mach ich was falsch??
Zerschneiden.jpg
Kann man denn schon einfach ein Objekt in zwei Teile schneiden, und beide "behalten".(wie im Beispielbild)
Schnitt.jpg
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

das geht wunderbar, der Zerschneidepfad muss nur so aussehen:
zerschneiden.png
Gerhard
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Ok,

das zerschneiden klappt so. Es wäre gut, wenn nach dem zerschneiden die beiden Teile auf seperaten Vektorebenen liegen würden. Zur Zeit liegen die neuen Vektorpunkte deckungsgleich am Schnitt übereinander, was dann ein einfaches anklicken und "auseinanderschieben" erschwert.

Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw