Your photoline Wish List / Deine Photoline Wunschliste

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Your photoline Wish List / Deine Photoline Wunschliste

Beitrag von Paul »

Serial documents:

the last 6 months I've been using the Serial Document function more and more. It works great! I'm really making money/saving time with this feature.
However, once the serial document is ready and I want to change something, like the font size or type, or the background image, I have to change it in the source document and repeat the serialization. Sometimes several times.
It would be a really great help if, after the first set, the rest of the document would be made up of virtual frames from the first page(s).
Also: if text styles and document colours would be copied to the serial document.
But so far: great feature, simple but very effective!

- Paul
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Juan hat geschrieben:Would be great to be able to import curves preset from PS to PL, this files comes as .acv
PhotoLine can load asv curves. Since the cure list has no resent list, the curves are always appended to the current list.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Juan hat geschrieben:Would be great to be able to import curves preset from PS to PL, this files comes as .acv
PhotoLine can load asv curves. Since the cure list has no resent list, the curves are always appended to the current list.
Ok, it was via Curves List and load from there, the thing is that in this way there are at least four curves that are loaded and not sure which one I have to use on the Curves Adjustment layer, I think the ideal workflow would be load those via Curves Adjustment layer -->Modify presets -->Load or Merge so they are added to the Curves preset list.

Cheers,
Juan
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Juan hat geschrieben:Ok, it was via Curves List and load from there, the thing is that in this way there are at least four curves that are loaded and not sure which one I have to use on the Curves Adjustment layer, I think the ideal workflow would be load those via Curves Adjustment layer -->Modify presets -->Load or Merge so they are added to the Curves preset list.
I add this way to load it.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben:Serial documents:
However, once the serial document is ready and I want to change something, like the font size or type, or the background image, I have to change it in the source document and repeat the serialization. Sometimes several times.
It would be a really great help if, after the first set, the rest of the document would be made up of virtual frames from the first page(s).
I will copy the text styles in the next version, so you can change fonts easily.
It's not so easy to create virtual copies, because, if a text layer would be copied this way, the serial document data would not be set.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

I will copy the text styles in the next version, so you can change fonts easily.
OK, that's the main thing, really. Thanks! Text colours would then change as well.
- Paul
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Es wäre schön, wenn die Ebenenattribute bei Masken neben dem Maskenrand (Beschnitt) und der Möglichkeit die Maske zu invertieren weitere Attribute enthalten würden wie z.B. Maske vergrößern und verkleinern.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

maxwell hat geschrieben:Es wäre schön, wenn die Ebenenattribute bei Masken neben dem Maskenrand (Beschnitt) und der Möglichkeit die Maske zu invertieren weitere Attribute enthalten würden wie z.B. Maske vergrößern und verkleinern.
That is already easily possible by either:

(1) assigning a maximum (round) (increase mask size) or minimum (decrease mask size) adjustment layer to the mask layer, or
(2) unlocking the transformation lock of the mask layer, and use the standard scale tools to scale up or down (when scaling up, you may want to use a higher resolution mask layer, though, to maintain a sharp edge if needed).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Many thanks Herbert, works great! Didn't know this processing till now. But my intention corresponds also to your wishlist, to add tools like refine edge known from Photoshop. Contract and expand mask is only one example in this context and I think the layer attributes are the right place for it. Another example of an attribute is e.g. given by 'soft edge'. Thanks again for your tips, Josef
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

maxwell hat geschrieben:Many thanks Herbert, works great! Didn't know this processing till now. But my intention corresponds also to your wishlist, to add tools like refine edge known from Photoshop. Contract and expand mask is only one example in this context and I think the layer attributes are the right place for it. Another example of an attribute is e.g. given by 'soft edge'. Thanks again for your tips, Josef
I agree, currently my main two missing Photoshop features are:
1) refine edge
2) generator to export assets automatically at varying resolutions and file formats.

Although (1) I more or less solved with Topaz Remask, it would be a great addition to Photoline.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: 1) refine edge
From what I remember, "Refine Edge" does make some things easy, but the refining functionality is in PL's "Border Matting" tool.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Another example of an attribute is e.g. given by 'soft edge'
That is already in the layer properties of the mask layer: Enable the "Clipping Width" attribute and set the amount of softness you want.
Ken
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi Ken,

'Border matting' corresponds to 'Smart Radius' under PS, which can be found under 'Refine Edge'.This tool cannot be applied to layer masks. To make corners of a picture round is a further property which would be nice to have with respect to lassos or layer masks. Till now vector masks have to be used in this context.

In PS the mask property panel, where 'Refine Edge' can be found, collects all mask adjustments at one place. With PL the attribute panel has a similar function. Besides feathering the mask border (in PL layer attributes called 'clipping' or under the lasso properties called 'Soft Edge') it would be nice to have additional features to fit an existing layer mask.

Josef
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Hi Josef,

You are correct that the "Border Matting" tool cannot be applied to layer masks. Why would you want to use "Border Matting" on a layer mask? I am not arguing about it, but I am curious about that.

Although I understand the convenience of having a collection of mask adjustments in one place, the fact is that because PL allows such a huge amount of adjustments to be applied to layer masks, I think it is impossible to collect all (or most) of PL's layer mask adjustments in one place. PL allows Maximum, Minimum, Threshold, Blur, Sharpen... and on and on. You can even apply masks to the layer mask adjustment layers to refine the layer mask.

I like PL's current method of letting the user decide which layer mask adjustments are needed, and adding only the adjustments that are required. This has the benefit of keeping the layer attributes panel nice and simple.

I do think that the Border Matting tool could benefit from some enhancements. For example, I remember liking the "Smart Highlighting" tool in Photoshop that automatically adjusted the width of the brush according to the sharpness of the area being highlighted. Adding a "Fill" tool to the Border Matting tools would speed up defining which areas are included and excluded.
Ken
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi Ken,

layer masks allow us to work nondestructive and are thus my prefered tool for selections. I agree that not all filters and tools which allow us to improve a layer mask can be put in the attribute panel. But to find some of the basic tools at one place similar to "tool -> mask" would improve working with layer masks under PL.

Under PS this is done under 'Refine Edge'. Besides 'Edge Detection' which is similar to 'Border matting' (if 'Smart Radius' is activated), under 'Edge Enhancement' we find tools like 'feather, smooth or shift edge'. 'Feather' corresponds to 'Clipping' with respect to layer masks under Pl. 'Expand/Contract' layer masks is missing with respect to PL. A workaround was given by Herbert using the 'Maximum/Minimum' filter or scaling the mask layer. 'Smooth', which makes edges round, is also missing. My wish is to have these basic tools also directly available under PL in the attribute panel.

If 'Border Matting' can be integrated as an attribute is a difficult question because PL works different compared to PS.

I think working with PL can be improved having these basic tools for enhancing layer masks in the attribute panel.

Josef
Antworten