Neue Testversion 20.00b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.00b2

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Critical selection bug!

1) create a rectangular lasso (selection) with the rectangle lasso.
2) rotate the lasso to ~45degrees
3) a vague line appears somewhere in the lasso area.
4) crop the lasso with the Crop button

Result: a line is introduced in the cropped version.

This also occurs when the vector lasso is used. Clicking the anti-aliasing button to turn off anti-aliasing seems to fix this bug (but no anti-aliasing in that case!).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
peter-funken
Mitglied

Beitrag von peter-funken »

Ich habe das beschriebene Problem jetzt auch bei 19.90B9.
Ich kann es etwas genauer beschreiben. Wenn ich (wenn Photoline geöffnet ist oder in der gleichen Sitzung einmal geöffnet war) in einem beliebigen Programm eine Datei über Datei>Öffnen öffnen will, bleibt schon der "Datei" Dialog ein leerer Rahmen (probiert mit Textmaker, Planmaker, Photoshop CS5,) Bei ACDSee 10 (war schon vor Photoline geöffnet) das gleiche Phänomen beim "Exportieren" Befehl. Auf der Task Leiste zeigt der erste Tooltip bei Mouse over richtig an, z.B. Norton Security, alle weiteren, egal auf welches Symbol ich fahre, zeigen ebenfalls "Norton Security". Hier im Browser, bei dieser Antwort das gleiche: Ich will einen Typo durch Rechtsklick korrigieren, es erscheint ein leeres Dialogfeld.
Nun kommt "der Hammer": immer wenn ich versuche, einen "Beweis-Screenshot" zu machen, füllen sich sofort die entsprechenden Dialogfelder und die Tooltips zeigen sofort den richtigen Text. Beim Schließen und danach wieder öffnen von Photoline, ist auch Photline von diesem Verhalten betroffen.
Wie gesagt dieses Verhalten besteht fort bis zum nächsten Neustart des Systems. Wenn ich danach die Finger von Photoline lasse, habe ich kein Problem mehr. Könnte das was mit dem neuen Windows update 1607 zu tun haben? Irgendwo ist eine Unverträglichkeit zwischen Photoline und wer weiß was.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Tool Settings panel width bug

When the Tool Settings panel is isolated in its own sidebar or pulled away, the (side)panel cannot be extended in width in order to display the two thirds and golden ratio buttons of the rectangular lasso tool. Only when this panel is combined with other panel in the same side panel is this possible.

I prefer to work with a separated Tool Settings panel - but even placing the

A secondary suggestion for the English translation:
- "Three parts" should be "Thirds"
- "Golden Cut" should be "Golden Ratio"

These words are generally used for these functions in English.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Lasso mismatch bug

It regularly happens that the lasso outline and the lasso selection tool outline do not match, which makes it hard under circumstances to perform pixel-precise selections.

Even when the document alignment is turned on, the lasso movement still occurs at decimal pixel values, which leads to this odd behaviour.

On the one hand this can be handy when the user needs a "half-pixel" cut with anti-aliasing, but I do feel that the "document alignment" option, when set to "Yes" ought to align both outlines exactly. Otherwise it becomes quite confusing to make exact pixel selections.
lasso mismatch.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:- "Golden Cut" should be "Golden Ratio"
+1 (or "Golden Mean", or "Golden Section")
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

NotProb: Changing gradient from RGB to HIS distorts colours

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL 20.00b2 x64

When one of the supplied gradients is used as a repeated circular gradient and its colour mode is changed from RGB to HIS, the colours are distorted.

Here's the original image:
gradient HIS prob a.jpg
After changing the colour mode from RGB to HIS:
gradient HIS prob b.jpg
The problem does not occur when changing from RGB to Lab.

Here's the sample PLD file:
gradient HIS prob.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Do 27 Okt 2016 21:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Fixed: Extraneous marquee lines with Vector Lasso tool

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL 20.00b2 x64

After creating a closed lasso with the Vector Lasso tool, the marquee contains extraneous lines.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a PLD file having an image on a transparent layer.
  2. Use the Vector Lasso tool to create a closed lasso by clicking on points in the image.
  3. Switch to the Layer tool.
Result:
Extraneous lines appear in the marquee for the lasso:
vector lasso marquee prob.jpg
(I clicked at the points in the order shown, closing the lasso by clicking on point #1 again.)

Expected result:
The marquee should only have the four lines of the sides.

Those extraneous lines do not seem to affect the behavior of the lasso, however.

Sample PLD:
vector lasso marquee prob.zip
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Mi 09 Nov 2016 01:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Extraneous marquee lines with Vector Lasso tool

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win10 x64
PL 20.00b2 x64

After creating a closed lasso with the Vector Lasso tool, the marquee contains extraneous lines.

Those extraneous lines do not seem to affect the behavior of the lasso, however.

Sample PLD:
vector lasso marquee prob.zip
I noticed the same issue when rotating lassos - and they do affect the result visually. I reported it earlier. Your observation does explain what is happening behind the scenes.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I noticed the same issue when rotating lassos - and they do affect the result visually. I reported it earlier. Your observation does explain what is happening behind the scenes.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was another manifestation of the same problem, so I reported it just to be sure....
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Changing gradient from RGB to HIS distorts colours

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:When one of the supplied gradients is used as a repeated circular gradient and its colour mode is changed from RGB to HIS, the colours are distorted.
(...)
The problem does not occur when changing from RGB to Lab.
That's not a bug, but the normal behavior of HIS interpolation. In HIS the hue is always interpolated clockwise and because of that you get the colorful rings.
In principle, the user should be able to control the direction of interpolation, but I don't know a clean way to do that without messing the UI up.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

photoken hat geschrieben:After creating a closed lasso with the Vector Lasso tool, the marquee contains extraneous lines.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a PLD file having an image on a transparent layer.
  2. Use the Vector Lasso tool to create a closed lasso by clicking on points in the image.
  3. Switch to the Layer tool.
This should work in the next version.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:1) create a rectangular lasso (selection) with the rectangle lasso.
2) rotate the lasso to ~45degrees
3) a vague line appears somewhere in the lasso area.
4) crop the lasso with the Crop button

Result: a line is introduced in the cropped version.
I couldn't reproduce that problem here, but you might be right that it's the same as photoken's problem.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

peter-funken hat geschrieben:Ich habe das beschriebene Problem jetzt auch bei 19.90B9.
Ich kann es etwas genauer beschreiben. (...)
Wie gesagt dieses Verhalten besteht fort bis zum nächsten Neustart des Systems. Wenn ich danach die Finger von Photoline lasse, habe ich kein Problem mehr. Könnte das was mit dem neuen Windows update 1607 zu tun haben? Irgendwo ist eine Unverträglichkeit zwischen Photoline und wer weiß was.
Üblicherweise kommt es zu solchen Symptomen bei Hauptspeichermangel, wenn das System zu swappen beginnt. Aber das hast du ja ausgeschlossen.
Tritt das Problem auch auf, wenn du PhotoLine nur startest und dann sofort wieder beendest?
Tritt das Problem auch mit der 32-Bit-Version auf?
Wenn du einen neuen PhotoLineSettings-Ordner anlegst, und dann PhotoLine startest und wieder beendest, tritt das Problem dann auch auf?

Martin
peter-funken
Mitglied

Beitrag von peter-funken »

Nur zum Test.

Ich habe ACDSee Ultimate 10, DxO Optics pto 11, Photoshop CS5.1, den emClient und Chrome gleichzeitig offen und kann ohne Probleme in allen Programmen arbeiten, ohne dass der PC ausgebremst wird. Photoline habe ich gestern abend nach dem letzten Versuch wieder deinstalliert.
Im Moment freue ich mich, dass alles andere wieder läuft und bin sehr zögerlich. Photoline wieder zu installieren. Vielleicht am Samstag, dann habe ich ein frisches Image der C-Partition, zu dem ich dann wieder ohne Aufwand zurückkehren kann, wenn die Tests nichts bringen.

Peter
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Changing gradient from RGB to HIS distorts colours

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:That's not a bug, but the normal behavior of HIS interpolation. In HIS the hue is always interpolated clockwise and because of that you get the colorful rings.
OK, I've changed my original message to be not a problem.
Ken