Neue Testversion 20.40b5

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 20.40b5

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 20.40b5.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2040b5.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2040b5.zip

Neues:
diverse kleine Fehler beseitigt
Eurgail
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.40b5

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Der Export von beschnittenen Ebenen mit Ebeneneffekt nach PDF mit "Hintergrund ersetzen" und das Invertieren der Ebenenmasken von Arbeitsebenen funktionieren soweit wieder einwandfrei. Spitze! :-)
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Super!
der Slider verhält sich wieder, wie es sein soll. THX.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Hi Gerard, thank you for the new version.

We are having a discussion about actions and such in this thread: http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5542

I mentioned that the lack of a scripting interface in PhotoLine is the one thing keeping PhotoLine back. Arguably, a scripting interface with panel GUI options would lighten the load for you as developers, since much basic functionality can be implemented through scripting rather than having to integrate it in the main code base.

A few years ago you mentioned you were discussing among yourselves how to implement scripting in PhotoLine - did you make any progress?

One of the reasons I ask is very simple: it seems obvious to me that you cannot add all the users' wishes for lack of time and risking bloating the base application with loads of features. Scripting would empower us users to improve the integration of PhotoLine into our workflows/pipelines.

A simple example is a spritesheet export option, or a dialog to control web/mobile export layer preset options. These could be implemented through a scripting interface by (for example) myself, instead of me bothering you guys again and again.

Do you still have plans to integrate scripting at some point? Or would it be too time-consuming/impossible within the current code base of PhotoLine?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
wmjordan
Mitglied

Beitrag von wmjordan »

I vote for this feature too!
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 08 Feb 2017 01:11 Hi Gerard, thank you for the new version.

We are having a discussion about actions and such in this thread: http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5542

I mentioned that the lack of a scripting interface in PhotoLine is the one thing keeping PhotoLine back. Arguably, a scripting interface with panel GUI options would lighten the load for you as developers, since much basic functionality can be implemented through scripting rather than having to integrate it in the main code base.

A few years ago you mentioned you were discussing among yourselves how to implement scripting in PhotoLine - did you make any progress?

One of the reasons I ask is very simple: it seems obvious to me that you cannot add all the users' wishes for lack of time and risking bloating the base application with loads of features. Scripting would empower us users to improve the integration of PhotoLine into our workflows/pipelines.

A simple example is a spritesheet export option, or a dialog to control web/mobile export layer preset options. These could be implemented through a scripting interface by (for example) myself, instead of me bothering you guys again and again.

Do you still have plans to integrate scripting at some point? Or would it be too time-consuming/impossible within the current code base of PhotoLine?
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Oh well, since the question of scripting is being turned into a popularity poll in various forums :( , I'll have to mention it here, too, that I don't think Pl needs scripting at all. For my reasoning, see the relevant discussion elsewhere....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Fixed: PhotoPaint as external editor fails

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL 20.40b5 x64 (and x86)
Corel PhotoPaint X5 x86

I am unable to use Corel PhotoPaint as an external editor in the current PL betas.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open a JPG image in PL 20.40b5 x64.
  2. Send the Active Layer to PhotoPaint as a TIFF.
Result:
When PP opens, it displays this error message:
PP error 01.png
PP error 01.png (2.95 KiB) 2864 mal betrachtet
Clicking "OK" to that error brings up this error message:
PP error 02.png
PP error 02.png (3.56 KiB) 2864 mal betrachtet
Clicking "OK" to that second error results in no image being opened in PP.

Expected result:
The image should be opened for editing.

When doing this in PL 20.40b5 x86, PhotoPaint does not even open.

The image is successfully opened in PP using PL 20.01, both x64 and x86.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Mi 22 Feb 2017 09:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I think the problem is
[*] TIFF-Library auf 4.0.7 upgedated

But I don't know what Tag is not readable by PhotoPaint. I think the TIFFs, written by the latest version of TIFF lib are OK, so PhotoPaint should fix this.
Frank10823
Mitglied

Beitrag von Frank10823 »

Bildübersicht Öffnen als Platzhalter:

Ich habe in den Einstellungen, dass die Bildübersicht minimiert wird nach dem Öffnen eines Bildes.
Dies funktioniert nicht bei öffnen als Platzhalter in Windows 10 Testversion und auch der aktuellen Version

Viele Grüße Frank
Frank
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I think Photoshop PSD export is botched: images are doubled for some reason when I open the psd in Photoshop.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 10 Feb 2017 10:03 But I don't know what Tag is not readable by PhotoPaint. I think the TIFFs, written by the latest version of TIFF lib are OK, so PhotoPaint should fix this.
Whether or not Corel addresses this issue, I'll never know, since I won't be spending the money for newer versions of their software.

It worries me that PL 20.01 does not have this problem, but the current betas do.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben: Fr 10 Feb 2017 22:37 Whether or not Corel addresses this issue, I'll never know, since I won't be spending the money for newer versions of their software.

It worries me that PL 20.01 does not have this problem, but the current betas do.
If you want to further diagnose the problem, I'd suggest to

• try if this also happens when you create a small image (256x256 or so) in PL and send that over to PP (if that works, try larger "empty" files)
• you could copy the problematic temporary file (should still exist when the first error dialogue comes up) and post it here for further diagnosis – maybe together with the temp file produced by PL 20.01, i.e., before you close/save it in PP), so that one can compare the output
• save the small file (and/or your original file) as a tiff in PL and try to open that tiff with PP manually – does that work, or do you get the same kind of error?

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: PhotoPaint as external editor fails

Beitrag von photoken »

Burkhard,
  • I can create an "empty" image in PL20b5 and successfully send it to PP. Doesn't matter whether or not I first save the image as a JPG. Both small (640x480) and large (5400x3600) images work OK.
  • When the image fails to open in PP, I can navigate to the Temp directory and manually open it in PP.
Size doesn't seem to be a factor -- a small image always fails to open, a slightly larger image opens OK; but I have not found a very large image that doesn't fail. :?

I have copied the temp TIF images created by PL20.01 and PL20b5 and zipped them up, but the zip file is too large for attachment here.

If the Hubers would like the images for further analysis, let me know and I'll be happy to email the zip file to support.
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I don't need the ZIP file because I know what the problem is:

The new TIFF lib has some different TAG kinds.
I will try to change this to be compatible to the old version. You can try it in the next beta.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Sa 11 Feb 2017 07:09 I don't need the ZIP file because I know what the problem is:

The new TIFF lib has some different TAG kinds.
I will try to change this to be compatible to the old version. You can try it in the next beta.
Sounds good. Thanks.
Ken
Antworten