Neue Testversion 20.40b8

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Right-aligned text does not show spaces at end of line

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben: Sa 20 Mai 2017 09:31When typing right-aligned text into a text box, spaces at the end of a line do not show.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Create a text box.
  2. Set the text alignment to right-aligned:
    text settings.png
  3. Begin typing some text.
Result
Spaces at the end of the line do not show.

Expected Result
All characters and spaces should show at the end of lines.
I don't know any word processor that works this way. All of them ignore spaces at the end of lines.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Mai 2017 08:16 I don't know any word processor that works this way. All of them ignore spaces at the end of lines.
That is true when the word processor aligns the text.

What I was referring to was having an indication (when the cursor is at the end of the line) that there is a space. For example, here is how the text looks when working in MS Word 2010:
multi-line text.png
Although Word ignores the spaces at the end of the lines when aligning the text, whenever I place the cursor at the end of a line, the insertion point caret is placed after the last entity.

Probably the most interesting comparison is how this is handled by drawing programs.

Adobe Illustrator CS5 does not ignore the end-of-line spaces:
AI text.png
The way that CorelDraw X5 handles this is what I am requesting:
CDR text.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Mai 2017 09:14 What I was referring to was having an indication (when the cursor is at the end of the line) that there is a space. For example, here is how the text looks when working in MS Word 2010:
multi-line text.png
Although Word ignores the spaces at the end of the lines when aligning the text, whenever I place the cursor at the end of a line, the insertion point caret is placed after the last entity.
Word 2016 seems to behave differently. You can place the cursor after the line of text when there are multiple spaces, but if you try to place it after the last space, it goes to the next line (which is sensible, imo, because this is where new text will go). Btw., PL behaves that way, too – you can move the cursor past the invisible spaces, but does not move the text cursor outside the text box (try in left aligned mode).
photoken hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Mai 2017 09:14 Adobe Illustrator CS5 does not ignore the end-of-line spaces:
AI text.png
You probably mean multiple spaces at the end of a line? A single space shouldn't show that way.
photoken hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Mai 2017 09:14 The way that CorelDraw X5 handles this is what I am requesting:
CDR text.png
So the cursor appears at the end of the line and the character appears on the next line? Not sure if that's really desirable.

Anyway, wouldn't it make much more sense to add a "view invisible characters" option which shows spaces, non-break spaces, soft hyphens, line and paragraph breaks etc.? Imo, that would be much more useful than cursor positions.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: Di 23 Mai 2017 14:31
photoken hat geschrieben: Mo 22 Mai 2017 09:14 Adobe Illustrator CS5 does not ignore the end-of-line spaces:
You probably mean multiple spaces at the end of a line? A single space shouldn't show that way.
See my screenshot -- those are single spaces at the end of the lines....
bkh hat geschrieben: Di 23 Mai 2017 14:31Anyway, wouldn't it make much more sense to add a "view invisible characters" option which shows spaces, non-break spaces, soft hyphens, line and paragraph breaks etc.? Imo, that would be much more useful than cursor positions.
If the toggle for viewing invisible characters is included on the first tab of the tool options panel for the Text tool, I agree with your suggestion.

What I want is the ability to see (at a glance) whether or not there are spaces at the ends of lines. Being able to see the invisible characters would be a very good way to accomplish this.

The problem with showing the invisible characters is that the view of the text alignment should not change -- in other words, those invisible characters at the end of a line would have to appear outside of the text box in the case of right-aligned text.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Ralf
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ralf »

photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 24 Mai 2017 01:11What I want is the ability to see (at a glance) whether or not there are spaces at the ends of lines. Being able to see the invisible characters would be a very good way to accomplish this.

The problem with showing the invisible characters is that the view of the text alignment should not change -- in other words, those invisible characters at the end of a line would have to appear outside of the text box in the case of right-aligned text.
That would be fine for me, too.