Neue Testversion 20.40b11

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Fixed: Scripted text layer creates rogue process if modified

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 1607 x64
PL 20.40b11 x64

If a text layer created with the HelloWorld AddIn (http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5648) is modified by moving the layer or using Layout...Text...Optimize Text Layer Size, when PL is closed a rogue PhotoLine background process is created which prevents PL from starting again.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open an RGB image.
  2. Run the HelloWorld AddIn to create a text layer with some content.
  3. Either
    • Move the text layer, or
    • Use Layout...Text...Optimize Text Layer Size.
  4. Use File...Revert To Saved.
  5. Close the image.
  6. Close PhotoLine.
Result:
A rogue PhotoLine background task is created. This PL background task must be manually killed to allow PL to open again.

Expected Result:
No background process should be created.

If all the above steps are done except Step# 3, everything works OK.

Here's the link to the complete HelloWorld VS solution:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckwxkph24ql09 ... n.zip?dl=0
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Mi 19 Jul 2017 11:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Open As Placeholder fails

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 01:24 Win10 1607 x64
PL 20.40b11 x64

When using "File"..."Open as Placeholder" for a 112Mb uncompressed TIF, the image does not open. PL is labelled by Windows as "Not Responding" and I must use the "Not Responding" error messagebox to forcibly close PL.
I will fix that.
photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 01:24In beta11, I can successfully open the TIF as a "normal" image and then use the layer properties to change the layer to a placeholder layer, although creating that placeholder does seem to take an unusually long time.
In that situation, PhotoLine will create an embedded PLD. Creating the PLD may last a bit, depending on the PLD options.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Scripted text layer creates rogue process if modified

photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 09:09 If a text layer created with the HelloWorld AddIn (http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5648) is modified by moving the layer or using Layout...Text...Optimize Text Layer Size, when PL is closed a rogue PhotoLine background process is created which prevents PL from starting again.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open an RGB image.
  2. Run the HelloWorld AddIn to create a text layer with some content.
  3. Either
    • Move the text layer, or
    • Use Layout...Text...Optimize Text Layer Size.
  4. Use File...Revert To Saved.
  5. Close the image.
  6. Close PhotoLine.
Result:
A rogue PhotoLine background task is created. This PL background task must be manually killed to allow PL to open again.
Nit-picking: There is no new task, instead the existing PL will continue to run in the background.
photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 09:09If all the above steps are done except Step# 3, everything works OK.
Thanks for your investigation. I will have to check that. Your recipe will make that a bit easier.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 10:25
photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 01:24In beta11, I can successfully open the TIF as a "normal" image and then use the layer properties to change the layer to a placeholder layer, although creating that placeholder does seem to take an unusually long time.
In that situation, PhotoLine will create an embedded PLD. Creating the PLD may last a bit, depending on the PLD options.
Ah, I see.

So, the only way to have the smallest PLD file (in other words, without embedding the image) is to use File...Open as Placeholder?
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Scripted text layer creates rogue process if modified

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 10:34 Nit-picking: There is no new task, instead the existing PL will continue to run in the background.
Point taken. :) I was misinterpreting the view shown by Task Manager when the PL process would suddenly appear under the "Background Processes" section.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 10:34
photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 09:09 If all the above steps are done except Step# 3, everything works OK.
Thanks for your investigation. I will have to check that. Your recipe will make that a bit easier.
So far, it seems to be unique to the creation of text layers. For example, if I run Gerhard's PhotoLineScriptC AddIn, I can modify the vector layer that was created and the existing PL will not continue to run in the background when PL is closed.

I noticed that Gerhard uses

Code: Alles auswählen

PhotoLine.IPLLayer layer = doc.ActiveLayer;
I modified the HelloWorld AddIn to use "IPLLayer" instead of my

Code: Alles auswählen

PhotoLine.layer selectedlayer = (PhotoLine.layer)doc.ActivePage.ActiveLayer;
but that did not make any difference....
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

photoken hat geschrieben: Mi 05 Jul 2017 20:56 So, the only way to have the smallest PLD file (in other words, without embedding the image) is to use File...Open as Placeholder?
That or creating a placeholder using the placeholder tool or dragging a file to a document while holding the link key (don't know at the moment what that is on windows).

Martin
mwenz
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.40b11

Beitrag von mwenz »

Hello Martin,

Sorry. Seems when I installed the beta, my gray profile was switched to a B/W profile in Options. Reset it to the gray profile I mainly use and it works fine.

Mike
Antworten