Neue Testversion 20.90b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 20.90b6

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2018 11:50 Beim Testen von Lensfun ist mir aufgefallen, dass Lensfun im Vergleich zu PTLens zu einer Verstärkung der Lichter führt. Ist dies gewollt?
Die Lichter sollten gar nicht geändert werden. Lensfun korrigiert die Vignettierung, die chromatische Aberration und die Linsenverzerrung.
Auf was was hast du die Funktion angewendet? Ein Raw-Bild oder JPEG?

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45 Hi, great new feature, 2 or more pages side by side. Really great. :D
So far, I have come across a few problems:
- trim marks in exported PDF appear only on the first and then the left (even) pages
I will fix that.
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45- reordering pages by dragging is not possible
This isn't implemented yet. It should work in the next version.
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45- adding or copying a page, or switching to single pages moves the content of the right (odd) page to the right of the left (even) pages and leaves the even pages empty.
Do you have a small sample document which can be used to reproduce the problem?

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

evren hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2018 17:37And another issue, also it exists in previous release;
while creating a lasso, backspace doesn't undo
I will fix that.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

evren hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2018 11:39None of them works. Creates the copy of original layer/group instead of virtual layer. And doesn't change with original as well.
Not sure if I understand...
-You have an original group(og). Like a file on the drive.
-You created a virtual copy of it (v1). Like a link to the file.
-You create a virtual copy of v1, (v2). Like a link to the link to the file => And that's a link to the file in the end!

I only see that you can rotate, scale, move a virtual layer, or change other properties of it.
These properties are not inherited, these are separate for every layer! Like the names of the links to the file.

So maybe you want to put v1 into a group and create V2 from that group instead.
Maybe you even want to group the original, or add an invisible rectangle vector of the size of the page somewhere?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2018 16:28
maxwell hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2018 11:50 Beim Testen von Lensfun ist mir aufgefallen, dass Lensfun im Vergleich zu PTLens zu einer Verstärkung der Lichter führt. Ist dies gewollt?
Die Lichter sollten gar nicht geändert werden. Lensfun korrigiert die Vignettierung, die chromatische Aberration und die Linsenverzerrung.
Auf was was hast du die Funktion angewendet? Ein Raw-Bild oder JPEG?

Martin
Auf ein Raw Bild mit hohen Kontrasten. Nach Raw Korrekturen habe ich das entwickelte Bild in eine neue Ebene kopiert und auf dieses Bild LensFun angewandt. In der Zwischenzeit habe ich festgestellt, dass bessere Ergebnisse erzielt werden, wenn LensFun auf das lineare Hintergrundbild angewandt wird.

Super, dass Ihr LensFun in "Photo entzerren" integriert habt.

Grüße Josef
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2018 22:16
maxwell hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2018 10:50 Die Nutzung von Lensfun funktioniert auch bei mir bei I5 und I7 Prozessoren von Intel. Wie bereits mitgeteilt, kann Lensfun nicht auf meinem Asus Transformer Book genutzt werden, das einen 4 Kern Intel Atom (X5 Z8350 mit Intel 64 Unterstützung) nutzt. Es liegt also die Vermutung nahe, dass nicht nur Windows 64, sondern zusätzlich größere Prozessoren (Befehlssatz) eine Voraussetzung für Lensfun sind?
Auf meinem Atom N2920 funktioniert LensFun.
Beide Prozessoren sind von Ihrer Leistung vergleichbar, wobei ich den N2920 nur als Celeron (?) kenne. Der Z8350 scheint kein Direct X zu können und setzt beim Geekbench aus.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2018 16:33
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45 Hi, great new feature, 2 or more pages side by side. Really great. :D
So far, I have come across a few problems:
- trim marks in exported PDF appear only on the first and then the left (even) pages
I will fix that.
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45- reordering pages by dragging is not possible
This isn't implemented yet. It should work in the next version.
Paul hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 13:45- adding or copying a page, or switching to single pages moves the content of the right (odd) page to the right of the left (even) pages and leaves the even pages empty.
Do you have a small sample document which can be used to reproduce the problem?

Martin
I tested it and this occurred with frames that were partially on both pages. These frames were apparently assigned to the left page, so when I changed to 'single' pages the right page was left blank. This brings me to the question: when will a frame be assigned to the left or right page? A frame on the right page that is just a few mm overlapping in the left page is assigned to the left page. This will need very careful work when I want to switch between 1 or 2 pages. Maybe when more than 50% is on a page, it will belong there?
- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Do 08 Feb 2018 12:20I tested it and this occurred with frames that were partially on both pages. These frames were apparently assigned to the left page, so when I changed to 'single' pages the right page was left blank. This brings me to the question: when will a frame be assigned to the left or right page? A frame on the right page that is just a few mm overlapping in the left page is assigned to the left page. This will need very careful work when I want to switch between 1 or 2 pages. Maybe when more than 50% is on a page, it will belong there?
Currently PhotoLine uses the same strategy as other applications (Quark, Scribus, I don't remember how Indesign handles this):
- Only the layers at the root level are checked. So layers inside a group "inherit" the page of the group.
- The top left corner of the layer is used to specify the page on which it is located.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 08 Feb 2018 16:30 Currently PhotoLine uses the same strategy as other applications (Quark, Scribus, I don't remember how Indesign handles this):
- Only the layers at the root level are checked. So layers inside a group "inherit" the page of the group.
- The top left corner of the layer is used to specify the page on which it is located.
OK, thanks. Now you know how little use I make of other software in this area...
- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Do 08 Feb 2018 23:11(...)
(...)- The top left corner of the layer is used to specify the page on which it is located.
OK, thanks. Now you know how little use I make of other software in this area...
I think using the center of the root layers may be more appropriate, too. But others don't do that, so this might be a bad idea.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 12:56The new page layout view is AWESOME! Now we only need master pages (or shared layers across pages) and symbols, and PhotoLine will be a pretty nice DTP/screen design app too.
Master pages are planned for the future, but first we will have to stabilize double/multiple pages which may last a while.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 12:56Btw, I noticed how pages can be selected and highlighted in the pages panel. Are you planning additional features here?
At least dragging should be applied to the selected pages. I don't know about the other page functions which are accessible by the context menu yet.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 31 Jan 2018 12:56*edit* Wait, pages can be highlighted now, and page size/orientation set per spread!!! WHAAAAT!!! Really, please take this to the next level! I haven't been so excited since you introduced placeholder layers.

I tested export to PDF, and the spreads are not maintained (yet?), so I hope this will be implemented too.
IMO the spreads are maintained if you export to PDF. With a double-sided document the pages should be exported correctly as single pages.

But maybe I misunderstood the problem you are seeing.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

evren hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Feb 2018 12:12The page panel doesn't produce thumbnail cache, extremely slow.
Therefore it freeze long while trying to display a catalog etc. design with multiple pages. Even freeze long while adding or deleting pages
The Page List does cache the thumbnails and inserting/deleting pages should only rebuild the thumbnails that are affected by that change.
But unfortunately with double pages inserting/deleting a single page affects all following pages.

I am really interested in a document of yours to be able to measure the performance problems you are seeing.
evren hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Feb 2018 12:12Layer masks better to create drag + selection protected (both)
Therefore it will be much easier to select layers to process without dealing with masks or assign select protect each time.
I don't understand that. Can you explain it more?
evren hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Feb 2018 12:12Reordering pages by dragging (also mentioned by Paul) doesn't work in this release
Yes, we are working on that.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 30 Jan 2018 17:23 [*] Lensfun support: "Filter > Digital Camera > Distort Photo" has now an option for lens correction.
Die Bezeichnung finde ich ein bisschen missverständlich (es geht ja nicht ums Verzerren, sondern ums Entzerren). Wollt ihr das neue Panel nicht wieder "Lens Correction" nennen und die alte Funktion als weiteren Reiter aufnehmen? Alternativ vielleicht "Perspective control"?

Bei der Vignette funktioniert bei macOS die Vorschau nicht – wechselt man auf einen anderen Reiter, wird die Vignette angezeigt. Außerdem schaltet die Vorschau bei der Vignette immer auf 100%-Ansicht. (Wenn schon automatisches Umschalten, dann für die Vignette lieber auf Ganzbildansicht …) Bei den anderen Vorschaubildern kann man den Zoomfaktor gar nicht einstellen.

Sieht für mich auch so aus, als würde PTLens keine CA-Korrektur machen. Eigentlich kann das PTLens doch? (Wäre nett, wenn man einstellen könnte, ob man CA-Korrektur und/oder Verzeichnungskorrektur haben will, genau wie bei der Vignette).

Ich habe noch ein altes SIgma-Makroobjektiv, das nicht in der Liste von PTLens auftaucht. Stattdessen wird ein anderes Objektiv zugewiesen. Es wäre schöner, wenn PTLens dann ausgeschaltet werden würde.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

evren hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Feb 2018 12:12Virtual layers are available only in master layers page.
If they can be copied across the pages, it will be much more efficient solution even covers master pages function partially.
I just tried that. You are right, that simple copy/paste of a virtual layer replaces it by the original layer. I will check that.

If you just want to copy a single virtual layer, you can circumvent the problem by using "Edit > Paste as Virtual Copy". But if the virtual layer is part of a group, there is no workaround, though.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 16:45 I just tried that. You are right, that simple copy/paste of a virtual layer replaces it by the original layer. I will check that.

If you just want to copy a single virtual layer, you can circumvent the problem by using "Edit > Paste as Virtual Copy". But if the virtual layer is part of a group, there is no workaround, though.
But why does it work for me?
-Add some vectors
-group them
-Create virtual copy of the group
-Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V, and I get a virtual copy on another page.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Antworten