Neue Testversion 20.90b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 20.90b6

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 17:02
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 16:45 I just tried that. You are right, that simple copy/paste of a virtual layer replaces it by the original layer. I will check that.
(...)
But why does it work for me?
-Add some vectors
-group them
-Create virtual copy of the group
-Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V, and I get a virtual copy on another page.
Strange. Doing the same here creates a normal copy and it doesn't matter whether I paste to the same page or another.

I am on macOS, though, but I don't see any reason why this should make a difference.

I just tried it on Windows, and it didn't create a virtual copy either. I'm at a loss.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I'll try again at home.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Copying and pasting a virtual layer results in a group for me as well.

Although I seem to recall it used to work, because I did do this in a web mockup over a year ago.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 17:02
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 16:45 I just tried that. You are right, that simple copy/paste of a virtual layer replaces it by the original layer. I will check that.

If you just want to copy a single virtual layer, you can circumvent the problem by using "Edit > Paste as Virtual Copy". But if the virtual layer is part of a group, there is no workaround, though.
-Add some vectors
-group them
Ja bin ich denn blöd oder was? Das geht tatsächlich nicht...
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
evren hat geschrieben:The page panel doesn't produce thumbnail cache, extremely slow.
Therefore it freeze long while trying to display a catalog etc. design with multiple pages. Even freeze long while adding or deleting pages
I am really interested in a document of yours to be able to measure the performance problems you are seeing.
I'm working over heavy files in manner of resolution and number of layers. But it's pretty fine to switch between layers. Only problem is while PL trying to create thumb of all pages in once (omg)

If there is a thumb cache, I guess those issues are un-noticed until now
1- If you hide the pages panel and display it back, it re-creates all (or maybe other reason to freeze). Happens only on big files. It should read the thumb cache instead
2- "double pages inserting/deleting a single page"? I couldn't understand this but I can clearly say it re-creates on any type of delete or insert command (single double whatever)
3- While opening a previous file again, it freeze until thumb-re-create. So seems thumb cache is not saved with the document.

Those what I could be able to notice until now.
evren hat geschrieben:Layer masks better to create drag + selection protected (both)
Therefore it will be much easier to select layers to process without dealing with masks or assign select protect each time.
I don't understand that. Can you explain it more?
Added a screenshoot.
If the masks will be "selection protected" by default, it will be much easier to make direct selections (CRTL+SHIFT+Left Click) trough multiple layers.
Sure this can be done manually :) but while creating several layers it takes time. Just a suggestion for better productivity.
Mask.jpg
Mask.jpg (58.72 KiB) 3729 mal betrachtet
Hoogo hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I just tried that. You are right, that simple copy/paste of a virtual layer replaces it by the original layer. I will check that.

If you just want to copy a single virtual layer, you can circumvent the problem by using "Edit > Paste as Virtual Copy". But if the virtual layer is part of a group, there is no workaround, though.
-Add some vectors
-group them
That made me more curious on issue :)
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Könnte der 3D-Körper mit zu den normalen Ebenen-Effekten? Hab den recht lange unter den Ebenen-Attributen gesucht, bis ich gemerkt habe, dass die Attribute einen Scrollbar hatten.

Ich glaube, hatten wir vor Urzeiten schon:
Der Andockbereich hatte noch leeren Platz am Ende. Könnte die Ebenenliste nicht von alleine vergrößert werden, bis der Platz aufgebraucht ist?
----------------
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

evren hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 21:45
evren hat geschrieben:Layer masks better to create drag + selection protected (both)
Therefore it will be much easier to select layers to process without dealing with masks or assign select protect each time.
I don't understand that. Can you explain it more?
Added a screenshoot.
If the masks will be "selection protected" by default, it will be much easier to make direct selections (CRTL+SHIFT+Left Click) trough multiple layers.
Sure this can be done manually :) but while creating several layers it takes time. Just a suggestion for better productivity.
Mask.jpg
YES! A 100.000 times YES! yes yes yes yes yes! :D :D :D

Every single time I import a PDF with hundreds or thousands of elements it becomes very difficult to select elements on the canvas because those mask layers keep getting in the way. And in my own files masks should by default not be selectable in the canvas either - it just takes more time. Masks get in the way of deep selection ALL THE TIME - and we generally want to select the parent object or masked elements instead of the actual mask. If I need to edit the mask, I ALWAYS use the layer panel to select the mask.

The current behaviour is a real pain. Please PLEASE change the behaviour as Evren proposes. I was planning to mention this myself, but didn't get around to it yet.
Zuletzt geändert von Herbert123 am Sa 10 Feb 2018 22:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

A workflow enhancer request.

Currently we can hold down <CTRL><SHIFT> to duplicate objects on the canvas. However, this same method doesn't work when dragging layers or icons in panels.

For example, it would be incredibly useful to be able to <CTRL><SHIFT> drag layers, layer effect icons, color filter icons, pages in the page panel, etc. with this method to quickly duplicate stuff in the various panels.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

evren hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 21:45
evren hat geschrieben:The page panel doesn't produce thumbnail cache, extremely slow.
Therefore it freeze long while trying to display a catalog etc. design with multiple pages. Even freeze long while adding or deleting pages
I am really interested in a document of yours to be able to measure the performance problems you are seeing.
I'm working over heavy files in manner of resolution and number of layers. But it's pretty fine to switch between layers. Only problem is while PL trying to create thumb of all pages in once (omg)
I understand that. Nevertheless I am interested in a sample document because quite often there is a single bottleneck which could be fixed once it is found. But I can't find it without a sample file.
evren hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 21:45If there is a thumb cache, I guess those issues are un-noticed until now
(...)
2- "double pages inserting/deleting a single page"? I couldn't understand this but I can clearly say it re-creates on any type of delete or insert command (single double whatever)
I couldn't reproduce this. Deleting/inserting pages doesn't trigger a rebuild of thumbnails here unless the deleted/new page affects other pages (text flow, source of a virtual copy is deleted, ...).

Martin
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 15:30 Die Bezeichnung finde ich ein bisschen missverständlich (es geht ja nicht ums Verzerren, sondern ums Entzerren). Wollt ihr das neue Panel nicht wieder "Lens Correction" nennen und die alte Funktion als weiteren Reiter aufnehmen? Alternativ vielleicht "Perspective control"?
Wir werden das ändern.
bkh hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 15:30Bei der Vignette funktioniert bei macOS die Vorschau nicht – wechselt man auf einen anderen Reiter, wird die Vignette angezeigt. Außerdem schaltet die Vorschau bei der Vignette immer auf 100%-Ansicht. (Wenn schon automatisches Umschalten, dann für die Vignette lieber auf Ganzbildansicht …) Bei den anderen Vorschaubildern kann man den Zoomfaktor gar nicht einstellen.
Dass die Vorschau nicht aktualisiert wird, liegt an Lensfun. Das werde ich beheben. Die Zoomansichten sind lästig, weil "Chromatik" keinen Zoom zulässt. Die Umschalterei ist heikel, daher möchte ich das nicht ändern.
bkh hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 15:30Sieht für mich auch so aus, als würde PTLens keine CA-Korrektur machen. Eigentlich kann das PTLens doch? (Wäre nett, wenn man einstellen könnte, ob man CA-Korrektur und/oder Verzeichnungskorrektur haben will, genau wie bei der Vignette).
Lensfun macht automatisch die CA-Korrektur. Das kann man so einfach nicht ausschalten. Wenn bei dir nichts passiert, ist für dein Objektiv keine Korrektur hinterlegt.
bkh hat geschrieben: Fr 09 Feb 2018 15:30Ich habe noch ein altes SIgma-Makroobjektiv, das nicht in der Liste von PTLens auftaucht. Stattdessen wird ein anderes Objektiv zugewiesen. Es wäre schöner, wenn PTLens dann ausgeschaltet werden würde.
Lensfun sucht immer nach dem "besten" Objektiv. Automatisch ausschalten möchte ich das nicht, weil ich nicht weiß, wie gut das Suchergebnis ist.
NoSi
Betatester

Beitrag von NoSi »

Hi zusammen,

ich hab mich Job- bedingt rar gemacht die letzten Monate und habe gerade einen neuen Rechner eingerichtet (512 GB SSD, I7, 64 GB Ram,… – alles „fett“ halt). PL war ja schon immer schnell, doch mit den Rahmenbedingungen kracht es richtig. Die aktuelle Beta hat sich problemlos installieren lassen, wobei ich vielleicht doch mal einen „clean install“ machen sollte, denn meine mobile Installation ist offenbar doch etwas „zerspielt“ was Voreinstellungen etc. betrifft. Was der Stabilität etc. jedoch keineswegs abträglich ist.

Leider werde ich weiterhin nur wenig Zeit für konkrete Tests haben, ich verwende jedoch bei alle,. wofür man PL benutzen kann konsequent die aktuelle Beta. Ich bin sicher, dass es einfach am Programm liegt, dass alles reibungslos klappt ;)

Grüße
Norbert
Screencasts zu Photoline: http://www.buoa.de • Win 10x64 / PL64, immer und ausschließlich die aktuellste Beta-Version.
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I understand that. Nevertheless I am interested in a sample document because quite often there is a single bottleneck which could be fixed once it is found. But I can't find it without a sample file.
Here a sample file can be found.
http://www.evrencomert.com/Catalog.pld
The heavy files are too big to send. This file is not huge to feel issue so clear but may work

And please also consider the "layer masks to become selection protected by default" as described here
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =60#p43666
Adobe's habit to assign masks to all layers causing huge trouble while working on imported files

All bests
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug Copy Brush:

1) draw a 1pixel stroke rectangle, no fill. Align it to the pixel grid (pixel snapping)
2) create a new bitmap layer.
3) turn on pixel mode
4) in the new layer, clone parts of the rectangle.

Result: the copy looks nothing like the original. At times cloning the same part by drawing up and down the result keeps changing. The position of the vector rectangle influences the result of the copy brush too.

Expected: the result ought to be the same as the pixel view version.

Second Copy Brush bug:
1) draw a circle or star.
2) turn off anti-aliasing for the shape in the Layer panel (Anti-alias: Never)
3) create a new RGB bitmap layer, and zoom in 400 or 500%
4) switch to the copy brush and hover over the shape(s): the shape's edges 'melt'. Zooming in and out refreshes the screen and fixes this.

Expected behaviour: hovering with the copy brush over non-antialiased vector shapes should keep the view pixel precise, and not "melt" the pixels.
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
I have a request. Is it possible in all relevant dialogs of pages to include 'First', 'Actual' and 'Last' page? And "Before' and 'After'?
I often want to delete after the actual pages, all the rest of the pages of a document. And clicking on 'Last' is very easy in that case. Or You want to copy the actual page after the next page, or after page 18, or just before the last page. Or delete all the rest of the pages before the last one. That saves a lot of page dragging.
And, a propos, be able to select a range of pages. Like, 'copy pages 2, 5-8' after page 10.
Thanks.
- Paul
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Paul hat geschrieben: Fr 16 Feb 2018 22:39 I have a request. Is it possible in all relevant dialogs of pages to include 'First', 'Actual' and 'Last' page? And "Before' and 'After'?
I often want to delete after the actual pages, all the rest of the pages of a document. And clicking on 'Last' is very easy in that case.
If we would insert so much user elements into the dialog, it would become very confusing. So we want to insert only functions that will really improve things.
So to delete pages, I normally open the first page to delete, then enter for example "10000" at "to" and all the rest will be deleted.
I checked the other programs and see that they have sometimes a "Last Page" option. Which is perhaps useful.
Antworten