Neue Testversion 20.90b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
evren
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 20.90b7

Beitrag von evren »

Couldn't tried yet but got the great news from Herbert
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 21 Feb 2018 11:34 The copy brush bug is mostly resolved, thanks!

The new font missing dialog is great!

But best of all: masks and clipping masks are no longer automatically selected when clicking objects in the canvas - actual content is selected. Awesome! That will save loads of time all by itself. Thank you thank you thank you!

Copying and pasting virtual layers now works as expected!
Thanks as well, will install soon
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Paul hat geschrieben: Mo 26 Feb 2018 22:57 I have trouble aligning to guides and centering. It seems to work only to the left pages.
I can't reproduce that here. Do you have a sample document?
Paul hat geschrieben: Mo 26 Feb 2018 22:57And the option guides for 'odd' or 'even' pages has disappeared. Temporarily, I think?
With double pages there is no longer an odd/even. The guides are positioned directly on the double page and the odd ones (usually) just have a larger position than the even ones.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug / enhancement

Create an image: 8bit RGB, sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
Create a new layer 8bit RGB, and set the colour profile to make use of Linear Brightness (Gamma 1.0) for this layer only.

Open the Colors list panel. Select a colour.
Use the brush to paint some coloured strokes in this layer.

Now switch to the background layer (which is non-linear): the colors panel remains in linear mode. Only by clicking a colour does the colors panel update its swatches.

Expected behaviour: the moment the user switches to a layer which is set to a different colour profile, the colours ought to be updated immediately. Otherwise the user is forced to first click the colors list panel before it updates, breaking the workflow.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug: vector shapes without a fill and stroke cannot be selected and the layer handles are hidden.

Draw any vector shape, and set both the stroke and fill to none.

Result: layer handles are hidden, and the shape layer can no longer be selected or manipulated with the mouse. Keyboard can still be used, though.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Once more a request for locking independent layer transformations. I've been working on many projects that require independent layers which are part of different groups to share transformations.

Virtual layers, while imminently useful, are often not the answer to this problem.

Here is a simple scenario:

I needed to translate a graphical GUI a while ago. That meant keeping all the languages in separate group, with subgrouping for each language and GUI part. The GUI itself is in its own group. The client wanted me to scale up all the buttons. It meant I had to go through five languages, individually transforming each text for each button (there were around 30 buttons with text labels).

In other image editors it is possible to link the transformation between two or more independent layers. I could have linked the transformation for the respective button images with the five language layers for that button. Transforming the button would then transform all the texts in one go.

Simple and effective.

However, in PhotoLine such a layer transformation link option doesn't exist. It meant going through all these layers, and individually transforming them: five times more work, clicking, changing scale settings, and exponentially more risk making small mistakes - which happened all the time. I had to go back to individual text instances to fix things, because I had accidentally mis-typed the number a bunch of times, obviously caused by the mindbogglingly dull work of having to repeat the same action manually 150 times.

If PhotoLine had had linked layer transformations, the work would have saved me SO much time (only 30 instances to scale)

There are many other examples given in the past on these forums why an option to link the transformation of individual separate layers is a great thing to have.

I really hope this rather essential last piece of layer functionality will be at least considered.

Thanks!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 28 Feb 2018 23:23Create an image: 8bit RGB, sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
Create a new layer 8bit RGB, and set the colour profile to make use of Linear Brightness (Gamma 1.0) for this layer only.

Open the Colors list panel. Select a colour.
Use the brush to paint some coloured strokes in this layer.

Now switch to the background layer (which is non-linear): the colors panel remains in linear mode. Only by clicking a colour does the colors panel update its swatches.
I will check that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 28 Feb 2018 23:51 Bug: vector shapes without a fill and stroke cannot be selected and the layer handles are hidden.

Draw any vector shape, and set both the stroke and fill to none.

Result: layer handles are hidden, and the shape layer can no longer be selected or manipulated with the mouse. Keyboard can still be used, though.
I could show the handles for invisible vector layers making them transformable (scale, rotate, ...). But you still wouldn't be able to drag this layer with the mouse, because dragging requires clicking on a visible part of the layer first.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug: Selecting the stroke colour and picking a colour in the Color Editor results in the fill colour to be changed instead of the stroke colour.

*edit* Just noticed the reverse happens when the fill colour is selected, and I use the sliders to change the colour: the stroke instead is changed.
colorpicler.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Mär 2018 05:25 Bug: Selecting the stroke colour and picking a colour in the Color Editor results in the fill colour to be changed instead of the stroke colour.
I will fix that.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Mär 2018 05:25*edit* Just noticed the reverse happens when the fill colour is selected, and I use the sliders to change the colour: the stroke instead is changed.
I can't reproduce this problem here: If I select the fill color, the sliders modify the fill color, analogous with the stroke color.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Do 01 Mär 2018 00:11 Once more a request for locking independent layer transformations. I've been working on many projects that require independent layers which are part of different groups to share transformations.

Virtual layers, while imminently useful, are often not the answer to this problem.

I needed to translate a graphical GUI a while ago. That meant keeping all the languages in separate group, with subgrouping for each language and GUI part. The GUI itself is in its own group. The client wanted me to scale up all the buttons. It meant I had to go through five languages, individually transforming each text for each button (there were around 30 buttons with text labels).

In other image editors it is possible to link the transformation between two or more independent layers. I could have linked the transformation for the respective button images with the five language layers for that button. Transforming the button would then transform all the texts in one go.
The following results from web search and simple tests with an old Ps version. So if anything is wrong, please correct me:
- Linked layers seem to be a kind of implicit multiple selection. If one of the linked layers is selected, transformations will be applied to all linked layers as though they were selected, too. In fact, applying one of the transformation functions Ps will draw a single selection frame around all linked layers.
- If a layer is linked, you can no longer transform that single layer. You will always transform all linked layers.
- Ps does have linked layers, Illustrator and InDesign don't.

The easiest way to simulate linked layers would be to actually use a multiple selection. If you name your "linked" layers uniquely, you can use the search function of the layer list to show only the "linked" layers and select them quickly. This allows a similar transformation handling.

I don't know if or when PhotoLine will get real linked layers, because I doubt many users will use them, and it is one of those functions that might be turned on accidentally and produce a "strange" behavior later on. And many of the web results were from Ps users who simply didn't understand that feature.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Mär 2018 17:07
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Do 01 Mär 2018 00:11 Once more a request for locking independent layer transformations. I've been working on many projects that require independent layers which are part of different groups to share transformations.

The following results from web search and simple tests with an old Ps version. So if anything is wrong, please correct me:
- Linked layers seem to be a kind of implicit multiple selection. If one of the linked layers is selected, transformations will be applied to all linked layers as though they were selected, too. In fact, applying one of the transformation functions Ps will draw a single selection frame around all linked layers.
- If a layer is linked, you can no longer transform that single layer. You will always transform all linked layers.

The easiest way to simulate linked layers would be to actually use a multiple selection. If you name your "linked" layers uniquely, you can use the search function of the layer list to show only the "linked" layers and select them quickly. This allows a similar transformation handling.

I don't know if or when PhotoLine will get real linked layers, because I doubt many users will use them, and it is one of those functions that might be turned on accidentally and produce a "strange" behavior later on. And many of the web results were from Ps users who simply didn't understand that feature.

Martin
I understand - linked layers in Photoshop can be confusing to beginners - it is, however, super handy to have for more complex work. And I agree that it isn't a function used very often - but when I find myself in a situation like the one I described, it can be frustrating at times not to have that option.

Having said this, for the type of work I do agree that your layer search work-around can be made to work for large groups of items and transformations - I just have to strategize the structure a bit more.
rail4you
Mitglied

Beitrag von rail4you »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Mär 2018 01:17
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 05 Mär 2018 17:07

Martin
I understand - linked layers in Photoshop can be confusing to beginners - it is, however, super handy to have for more complex work. And I agree that it isn't a function used very often - but when I find myself in a situation like the one I described, it can be frustrating at times not to have that option.

Having said this, for the type of work I do agree that your layer search work-around can be made to work for large groups of items and transformations - I just have to strategize the structure a bit more.
I agree with Herbert123, linked layers is a very nice and underrated feature. It is also unique, most of softwares don't have this.
In fact, linked layers is a kind of saved selection of layers. So there is no need selecting some layers again and again. This feature is very flexible, you can use it with layer group.

It is true simple job is overkill to use linked layers, but power user will be happy to link many small layers without selecting, searching or grouping them.

This feature will make pl much eaiser managing layers. I hope I can use it one day.