Neue Testversion 20.90b10

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
frankenstein
Betatester
Re: Neue Testversion 20.90b10

Beitrag von frankenstein »

Bitte wie stellt man Auto-Speichern auf weniger als 1 Minute? :) Die Eingabe von Dezimalzahlen ergibt bei mir immer den Wert null.
Man könnte die Funktion eventuell noch dahingehend ergänzen, dass (einstellbar) beim Speichern die letzten x Versionen nummeriert als Backup gesichert werden und nicht nur die jeweils letzte.

Die Option zum Updatecheck ist meiner Meinung nach etwas zu gut versteckt. Im Punkt "Erweitert > Kopieren" passt sie eigentlich nicht, es gibt aber auch keinen anderen Unterpunkt, wo man es reintun könnte. Eigener Unterpunkt nur für Updates?
Michael
Macbook Pro, macOS X (X = neueste Version)
https://instagram.com/m_frankenstein/
https://frankenste.info/m/
PhilM
Mitglied

Double pages

Beitrag von PhilM »

by Martin Huber » Thu 03 May 2018 11:40

PhilM wrote: ↑
Thu 03 May 2018 08:33
Create a 4 page A5 document
Page spread = 2 to make a booklet
In the page list panel, pages 2 and 3 appear as a single page, OK

If I create a new layer based on document, the layer is created on page 2

Are you using "Layer > New Layer"?
As you might have noticed, the positions of layers on double pages are currently displayed relative to the top left of the double page and not relative to the page itself. So to create a layer on the right page, you will have to choose a position on the right page.
Yes, I am using "Layer > New Layer" (or the yellow + button). And it does create a layer the same size of page 2. That is fine.
There is no obvious way to do the same on page 3 ?
If I select page 3 in the page list panel (page 3 icon is grayed), the new layer is still created on page 2

Selecting a page in the Page List isn't activating it.
There are currently three ways to make a (sub) page the active one:
- Select a layer on it.
- Access and disband the context menu of the page's thumbnail in the Page List.
- Explicitly enter the page number in the page navigation bar.
OK. Then, what does "Selecting the page" do ?
Also, using contextual menu Delete, deletes page 2 even if page 3 is selected

You mean the context menu (right click) of the Page List? That works here. What exactly are you doing?
Yes the context menu after "Selecting" page 3 (you said it actually does not select the sub-page).
I click on sub-page 3. Then right click to open the context menu to Delete or Add page(s).
I would have expected that selecting page 3 would open the Delete dialog with default values to delete "From page 3 to 3".
Not "From page 2 to 2".
Using the arrows in the status bar moves from page 2/4 directly page 4/4.

I could make it switch from 2->3->4, but I don't know whether this would be annoying.
I have the same doubt.

Anyhow, all of this is just unexpected or misleading behavior. Not a bug.

On the other hand, as soon as you place an object (image, layer or text) on a sub-page, it is correctly connected with that page.
If I place some text on the right page, that text layer is part of page 3.
As a matter of fact if you change the document spread to "Single pages", the text layer is in fact on page 3.
Perfect.

Thanks a lot.

Philippe
PhilM
Mitglied

Double pages

Beitrag von PhilM »

@Martin

Problem with guides.

If I create a vertical guide @ 1cm on all pages, there will be a guide only on pages 2, 4, 6, etc.
No guide on odd pages.

If I create a formula vertical guide @ w/2, I have a guide in the middle of the even pages. Which is what I expected.
No guide on the odd pages.

Philippe
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

frankenstein hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 13:28 Bitte wie stellt man Auto-Speichern auf weniger als 1 Minute? :) Die Eingabe von Dezimalzahlen ergibt bei mir immer den Wert null.
Das geht nur in unserer internen Version :-) Als Stresstest.
frankenstein hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 13:28Die Option zum Updatecheck ist meiner Meinung nach etwas zu gut versteckt. Im Punkt "Erweitert > Kopieren" passt sie eigentlich nicht, es gibt aber auch keinen anderen Unterpunkt, wo man es reintun könnte. Eigener Unterpunkt nur für Updates?
Ja, momentan ist das zu versteckt. Einen eigenen Unterpunkt wollten wir nicht machen, daher haben wir es zu einem bestehenden dazugepackt. Aber wir werden ihn in "System" umbenennen und eventuell auch an die erste Stelle direkt unter "Erweitert" setzen.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Double pages

PhilM hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 15:26

(...)
Yes, I am using "Layer > New Layer" (or the yellow + button). And it does create a layer the same size of page 2. That is fine.
So you are using the "Document" setting of the "New Layer" panel?
PhilM hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 15:26There is no obvious way to do the same on page 3 ?
If page 3 is the active page, the "Document" setting should create the layer on page 3, but currently it doesn't. I will fix that.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:Selecting a page in the Page List isn't activating it.
OK. Then, what does "Selecting the page" do ?
This is used for dragging a selection of pages.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
PhilM hat geschrieben: Also, using contextual menu Delete, deletes page 2 even if page 3 is selected
You mean the context menu (right click) of the Page List? That works here. What exactly are you doing?
Yes the context menu after "Selecting" page 3 (you said it actually does not select the sub-page).
I click on sub-page 3. Then right click to open the context menu to Delete or Add page(s).
Right-click page 3 directly and it should work.

It's the same as with dragging:
- Click&drag on a thumbnail will drag that single page.
- Click&drag outside the thumbnail will drag all sub pages.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

This works very fine with me.

But.. I do miss the option for more pages next to each other. A few weeks before I had some (200!) very long Web pages, PDF, and by laying 10 A4's Landscape next to each other I could very easily divide it into printable A4's. It saved me many hours.
But this is of course exceptionally.

- Paul
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

by Martin Huber » Fri 04 May 2018 09:44

Thu 03 May 2018 15:26

(...)

So you are using the "Document" setting of the "New Layer" panel?
Yes I am selecting "Document" as source for "Position/Size" of the new layer.
Thu 03 May 2018 15:26

Martin Huber wrote:

PhilM wrote:
Also, using contextual menu Delete, deletes page 2 even if page 3 is selected

Yes, it does work if I right click on sub-page 3 icon. The dialog opens with page 3 to 3.
No, it does not work if sub-page 3 is "selected" (grayed icon) and I right click on the page list. It then opens the dialog with page 2 to 2.

Further, it is possible to gray more pages (like 2,3 and 4), it would still open the dialog with pages 2 to 2. The dialog could open with pages 2 to 4 ?
Then, what do we do if the user selects pages 1 and 4 ..

Again, this is only a behavior that create some confusion.
Works ok.

Best regards.

Philippe
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
I just came across thing to get used to, for me at least. With two pages side by side, I manually connected textframes on the two different pages using the text flow icon in the toolbar. This worked, I saved the document. When I reopened the document the textflow was broken, the frames were no longer connected. After a bit fiddling around I realized that I had to use the icons 'Text flow to the previous/next page'.
Could this be changed? So that a manual text flow will remain? Or that it will just not be possible to manually connect two frames on different pages? This will not be very logical with the two frames next to each other on the screen, but more stable.
- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Di 08 Mai 2018 08:44 I just came across thing to get used to, for me at least. With two pages side by side, I manually connected textframes on the two different pages using the text flow icon in the toolbar. This worked, I saved the document. When I reopened the document the textflow was broken, the frames were no longer connected.
I couldn't reproduce that here. Do you have step-by-step instructions to reproduce the problem?
Paul hat geschrieben: Di 08 Mai 2018 08:44After a bit fiddling around I realized that I had to use the icons 'Text flow to the previous/next page'.
Of course, this is the recommended approach, but a manual text flow should work, too.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Martin, I will send you the document by e-mail.
- Paul
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

A PDF export request for PhotoLine: in other design software which supports PDF it is possible to attach (embed) the source file, and when the pdf is opened in the original design software, it will open the attached source document rather than the raw PDF content.

Just wondering if this could also be added to PhotoLine's PDF export.

Also, it would be nice if we could password-protect a PhotoLine PDF, so that it can only be viewed, and not edited, printed/not printed - pretty common PDF functions.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Various bugs while drawing with layer effects turned on.

Steps to reproduce:
1) choose a pink dark colour, and draw a stroke or two with the brush
2) apply an Outline Inside (or outside) layer style: black 2px.
3) draw another stroke.

Result: it is hidden. Clicking the anti-aliasing button twice restores the effect, but any stroke outside the original stroke's rectangular area is cut off.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
NoSi
Betatester

Beitrag von NoSi »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 04 Mai 2018 09:24
frankenstein hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 13:28 Bitte wie stellt man Auto-Speichern auf weniger als 1 Minute? :)
…Stresstest.
Gelegentlich würde ich mir ein „nach x-Aktionen Backup“ wünschen (lt. Undo-Liste, Makro als 1 Aktion?). Je nach Vorgang kann das deutlich unter oder deutlich über einer Minute liegen. Hätte halt den Charme, dass es eine „definierte Reparaturstrecke“ ist, die ggf. restauriert werden muss.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 04 Mai 2018 09:24
frankenstein hat geschrieben: Do 03 Mai 2018 13:28Die Option zum Updatecheck…
… in "System" umbenennen…
Ist offenbar schon passiert – gute Entscheidung.

Ich habe kein Backup gefunden, trotz 1 Minute Intervall und Änderung des Bildes, deshalb → Fragen:
  • Wohin wird gespeichert?
  • Was passiert mit „namenlosen neuen“ Bildern?
  • Was wird gespeichert (imo nur PLD zweckmäßig)?
  • Wann komme ich wie an das Backup, bzw. wann wird es mir angeboten?
Ggf. wäre ein einstellbarer Backup-Pfad nützlich, der z.B. immer auf ein schnelles Medium zeigt, in dem die Backups grundsätzlich „überleben“. Manchmal fällt ja nach dem Speichern auf, dass die letzte Aktion irgendwie blöd war… .

Optische Fehlerchen: Wenn ich in den Einstellungen von Erweitert → System auf Datei → Speichern wechsle, bleibt der Dialog-Inhalt von System stehen. Könnte dran liegen, dass System links oben, sonst üblicherweise zentriert angezeigt wird? Das ist generell etwas uneinheitlich, wenn ich die Einstellungsliste von oben nach unten durchklicke.
Screencasts zu Photoline: http://www.buoa.de • Win 10x64 / PL64, immer und ausschließlich die aktuellste Beta-Version.
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi,

die neue Panorama Funktion führt bei mir bei *.orf (Olympus Raw) Bildern zum Absturz von Photoline. Finde es aber toll, dass diese Funktion nun bei Photoline angeboten wird.

Grüße

Josef
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Do 10 Mai 2018 16:33 Hi,

die neue Panorama Funktion führt bei mir bei *.orf (Olympus Raw) Bildern zum Absturz von Photoline. Finde es aber toll, dass diese Funktion nun bei Photoline angeboten wird.

Grüße

Josef
Hallo,

bei mir leider auch.....PL friert ein. Es sind bei mir ganz normale Jpeg-Dateien vom Handy.
Aber mal schauen wie es sich entwickelt. Finde die Funktion auch spannend.

LG
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Antworten