Martin and Gerhard: Project Dogwaffle for sale

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Martin and Gerhard: Project Dogwaffle for sale

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Hi Martin and Gerhard,

Just a heads-up that the developer behind Project Dogwaffle is looking to sell off his business. I mention this, because Dogwaffle has some of the nicest artistic tools, and a unique particle effect drawing tool, as well as many other unique effects/tools. Nothing on the market quite compares to it.

Of course, I have no idea if you are at all interested in integrating these things in PhotoLine, or even if it is possible at all to take Project Dogwaffle's code and integrate it in your code base. The company has various other tools, that might be interesting to you as well.

Just putting this out there, because in my personal opinion one thing missing in PhotoLine are top-notch professional bitmap drawing tools, and this might give you access to some very interesting new tech to implement.

Anyway, just mentioning it here. They've been in business for 20 years, or so. I noticed this on the Newtek forums and the developer is looking for an exit strategy.
http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ou-re-done

Cheers!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
rail4you
Mitglied

Re: Martin and Gerhard: Project Dogwaffle for sale

Beitrag von rail4you »

I am happy to find this wonderful painting software. It has a steam version too, the price is under $20 in my region.

Herbert123 always shared nice tips about photoline or some nice softwares I never heard. Is there any software hidden gem collection you want to share?
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Martin and Gerhard: Project Dogwaffle for sale

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

@rail4you, the developer of Dogwaffle is retiring, and looking for someone (or a company) to take over their software. That is why I posted it here: can you imagine painting tools like these in PhotoLine? That would be "da bomb" ;-)

Anyway, if you like good digital painting software: try Krita too. www.krita.org

Btw, I am not asking for PhotoLine to become a competitor of Krita or other digital painting software - it would just be nice if PhotoLine's painting and drawing tools / brush engine would be updated to current standards at some point. I often want to continue to work in PhotoLine, but have to switch to Krita for relatively simple stuff, because the old brush engine in PhotoLine can't handle it.

The competition is not resting on its laurels, and by now PhotoLine's brush engine is left behind by other popular image editors.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait