V21 bugs

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Antworten
Herbert123
Mitglied

V21 bugs

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I am encountering quality issues with placeholder layers: when I open a file with placeholder layers (referencing external vector files) some of those layers and their virtual layers are initially displayed as extremely bad looking JPG versions with terrible JPG compression fringes/noise and quality.

It doesn't matter if I use "high quality" or not.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (48.1 KiB) 3863 mal betrachtet
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: V21 bugs

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 17 Jul 2018 17:48 I am encountering quality issues with placeholder layers: when I open a file with placeholder layers (referencing external vector files) some of those layers and their virtual layers are initially displayed as extremely bad looking JPG versions with terrible JPG compression fringes/noise and quality.

It doesn't matter if I use "high quality" or not.
"high quality" means "High Preview Quality" (an attribute specific to placeholders) of the Layer Attributes? If yes, I'd appreciate a sample document to check that. If not, "High Preview Quality" of the Layer Attributes is the solution.

Aside from that, on-screen placeholders always use a pixel representation of the original file using the original resolution. So even vector graphics will become blocky if scaled up. But whenever you are creating final data (for example by reducing to background or by exporting), the original data is used and you should get full quality.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
I scaled a document yesterday, but the text register did not change with it, so all the text was misplaced. It would seem logical to me if this would change along with the rest of the document.

- Paul
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Paul hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 08:19I scaled a document yesterday, but the text register did not change with it, so all the text was misplaced. It would seem logical to me if this would change along with the rest of the document.
This should work in the next beta.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Wonderful!
- Paul
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bugs masks and layers?

1) When I ctrl-click a layer mask attached to the background bitmap layer, it will not load up that layer mask, but instead selects the entire image. It only works when I switch to the channels, and ctrl-click the special channel.

2) With a loaded selection/lasso, I select a vector layer, and I want to add a layer mask with "Create from Mask". But this option is greyed out. Instead, I have to create a dummy image layer first, then create the mask, and use that layer mask for the vector layer. And finally delete the image layer.

3) adjustment layer mask: ctrl-click loads up the entire image, not the mask.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 04 Aug 2018 23:231) When I ctrl-click a layer mask attached to the background bitmap layer, it will not load up that layer mask, but instead selects the entire image. It only works when I switch to the channels, and ctrl-click the special channel.
I can't reproduce that. I tried both, a vector and an image layer as layer mask. Ctrl+click created the correct mask. Do you have a small sample document (background layer + layer mask)?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 04 Aug 2018 23:232) With a loaded selection/lasso, I select a vector layer, and I want to add a layer mask with "Create from Mask". But this option is greyed out. Instead, I have to create a dummy image layer first, then create the mask, and use that layer mask for the vector layer. And finally delete the image layer.
Yes, we missed that when we implemented mask functions for all layer types. I will fix that.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 04 Aug 2018 23:233) adjustment layer mask: ctrl-click loads up the entire image, not the mask.
Well, the command is "Alpha to Mask", so strictly speaking the behavior is correct. But because you can consider the mask of an adjustment layer being alpha in a certain way, I will change that.

Martin
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

I'm on Windows, when using the dialog box of any filter and set the cursor on textbox, one is able to change parameter by mouse wheel. This behavior is just perfect.
Doing the same on any filter of Adjustment Layer the mouse wheel becomes inactive. This is inconsistence and would be great if behavior could be changed.

I use a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse and it is very convenient to use it's free running mouse wheel to change parameters.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Tida hat geschrieben: Fr 28 Sep 2018 15:22 I'm on Windows, when using the dialog box of any filter and set the cursor on textbox, one is able to change parameter by mouse wheel. This behavior is just perfect.
Doing the same on any filter of Adjustment Layer the mouse wheel becomes inactive. This is inconsistence and would be great if behavior could be changed.
You mean in the Adjustments panel (Layout > Dialogs > Adjustments)?
I just tried that on Windows 10 and I can't reproduce this. In fact, I can even change a value with the mouse wheel if the mouse is only over the text field. I don't have to place the cursor in the text field.

Martin
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

The advantage using textbox in combination with mouse wheel is, that you can toggle via tab/shift+tab forward and backward.
In the adjustment panel it doesn't work on Windows 7 - it works when activate the slider by mouse click, but this would mean, I have to move the mouse and click onto that - it doesn't work by a forward/backward key which would speed up the workflow just by toggling through the controls.

The mouse wheel of the MX Master does really a fantastic job as it keeps up rolling so smooth and quickly the sliders...
I even assigned the mouse wheel by a few mouse hook tricks with up/down arrow (logitech mouse setup program doesn't allow this) and it's just fun to run through drop down menus, layers panel as well as shifting the points of curves - but this is another subject.
Tida
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tida »

In-consistence behavior in...

Histogram Correction:
Shadow and highlight adjustment by arrow keys is very coarse compared to Gamma control. Same with its Output Levels. Combined with Ctrl its even worse.

Adjustment Layer Panel, High Pass And Adaptive Sharpen (and their family windows like Remove Dust/Scratches, Remove Dirt etc...):
Switching between textboxes via tab is mixed up
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Tida hat geschrieben: Sa 29 Sep 2018 00:58Histogram Correction:
Shadow and highlight adjustment by arrow keys is very coarse compared to Gamma control. Same with its Output Levels. Combined with Ctrl its even worse.
If the unit is "Byte", the step size is 5 here. Ctrl always increases the step size, Shift decreases it.
Tida hat geschrieben: Sa 29 Sep 2018 00:58Adjustment Layer Panel, High Pass And Adaptive Sharpen (and their family windows like Remove Dust/Scratches, Remove Dirt etc...):
Switching between textboxes via tab is mixed up
I will check that.

Martin
Antworten