Neue Testversion 21.40b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
maxwell
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 21.40b3

Beitrag von maxwell »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 24 Sep 2018 09:56
maxwell hat geschrieben: So 23 Sep 2018 11:17 Anbei eine Beispieldatei.

test.pld

Es wurde ein Rechteck gemalt und mit einem Kreislasso die rechte obere Ecke ausgewählt, kopiert und wieder eingefügt.
In der nächsten Beta sollte es gehen.

Martin
Vielen Dank 😃
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug duplicating pages: when I duplicate a page the text leading is not retained. Only by clicking "Text in Register" or re-assigning a text style does the text frame 'remember' the correct leading.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug pattern and texture fill: when I draw a vector rectangle or other shape, and activate the points tool to edit the fill, the control widget always snaps to the left top of the document. This is very awkward, because the user would expect it to be placed at the left top corner of the shape itself, and when working zoomed in on a larger page, it is impossible to quickly make adjustments.

Worse, switching to a different pattern or texture resets the position back to the top left of the document, and the user is forced to zoom out again, grab the control widget (which may be too small zoomed out to properly grab), and place it near or on top of the active object.

In short, a real showstopper.

Here is an example. I zoom in to the bottom right section of the page to add pattern fills to the architectural plan. But zoomed in, every single time I add a vector shape with a pattern, the control widget is placed completely outside the view at the top left of the document.

And even if I move the widget to its "owner" shape, the instant I switch to a different pattern or texture, the widget's position is reset to the top left of the document again. Switching to a different texture or pattern shouldn't change its position - it should stay put. It is unexpected to see the position reset each time a new pattern is tried.

Basically, it is unworkable without major work-arounds (such as isolating that part of the drawing in its own file). It's quite frustrating, and I also noticed that the further away the widget is removed from its object, things slow down quite a bit, making it harder to move it in place - if the widget is placed at the left top corner of the actual object by default, this wouldn't be very noticeable either.
fill.jpg
fill.jpg (88.44 KiB) 2473 mal betrachtet
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mo 01 Okt 2018 09:38 Bug duplicating pages: when I duplicate a page the text leading is not retained. Only by clicking "Text in Register" or re-assigning a text style does the text frame 'remember' the correct leading.
This is "just" a temporary problem. Saving and loading the document will fix that, too.

It should work in 21.40B5 (not in B4).

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 02 Okt 2018 04:00 Bug pattern and texture fill: when I draw a vector rectangle or other shape, and activate the points tool to edit the fill, the control widget always snaps to the left top of the document. This is very awkward, because the user would expect it to be placed at the left top corner of the shape itself, and when working zoomed in on a larger page, it is impossible to quickly make adjustments.
Well, strictly speaking that is the correct behavior. Patterns are relative to the page and so they are aligned to the top left of the page.
I could try to move the pattern origin nearer to the layer origin (by moving it by multiples of the pattern size), but technically this makes it a different color and may slow-down drawing patterns if they are used several times.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 02 Okt 2018 04:00Worse, switching to a different pattern or texture resets the position back to the top left of the document, (...)
That's also the correct behavior. The transformation and origin/alignment of a pattern is part of that pattern, so modifying one pattern doesn't affect the other ones.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Di 02 Okt 2018 04:00(...) It's quite frustrating, and I also noticed that the further away the widget is removed from its object, things slow down quite a bit, making it harder to move it in place - if the widget is placed at the left top corner of the actual object by default, this wouldn't be very noticeable either.
If there are performance problems, a sample document will be helpful.

Martin
Antworten