Shared layers request / proposal

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Antworten
Herbert123
Mitglied

Shared layers request / proposal

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

A request to implement an option to repeat or share layers on all pages.

I create all my presentations in PhotoLine nowadays, as well as smaller print publications and mockups for digital apps/games, and the one thing really hampering the overall workflow is the lack of master pages, or simply the option to share / repeat a layer across pages.

Just a simple option to share layers/groups across pages would simplify this work tremendously.
I imagine this would work best with Groups.

Some additional thoughts:
- the visibility of the repeated/shared layers should be controllable on a per-page level.
- moving/transforming a repeated/shared layer on one page moves/transforms all instances on all pages.
- editing the group content changes them on all pages.
- blend mode and opacity changes are global as well.
- all Layer panel settings are global for all instances on all pages.
- otherwise they behave exactly like other group layers. It is possible to apply adjustment layers to one instance on one page. It is possible to use these repeated layers in other groups on a page.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Shared layers request / proposal

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
Interesting suggestions.
I always use virtual copies. To start with, I make a white or transparent rectangle the size of the page on page 1, and group it. Then I have an action to copy this virtually to the bottom of the next page.
So, everything that I put inside the group frame on the first page appears on all the next pages.
If needed you can make several of these group frames on page 1 and use these for different purposes on the next page, e.g. left and right pages.
But, a real masterpage system would be more practical.

- Paul
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Shared layers request / proposal

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Yes, I use a similar approach with virtual instanced layers. It is workable, but with ever-changing documents a hassle to keep track of these. Also, changing the virtual copy requires returning to the original object to make changes and update the content. Not too much work, but still.

In my opinion, the only two crucial things missing (for multi-page work) are:
1) master pages
2) symbols + symbols panel

Having repeated/shared groups would be a good improvement, and a simpler solution compared to master pages and symbols which would take much more effort to implement.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Antworten