For more recent ideas and requests please follow these threads:
Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine Tools
Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine UI
Improvements and ideas for RAW workflow in PhotoLine
Tips and Tricks:
Free move image in any position inside window even when image is zoomed out. (Overscroll)
Problem fix: Edit -> Options -> Display -> Document
Set the Edge Width for both the Document Mode and Picture Mode to 1000%.
Keep or delete original image source during crop.
Problem fix: Crop tool always Keep original image source In Document mode.
Rectangle lasso and Crop tool selection should start from the edge of the image border somehow. Currently they use surround background as a part of the image.
Seems this is specific to "borderless" program logic. Currently i can hold ALT key and just snap selection to the edge.
When i press "Shift" to quickly "Add to Lasso" it also always turns on "Proportional" and it impossible to turn it off. Both use Shift as modifier. This cause conflict.
Currently the solution is do not use Shift but turn "Add to Lasso" manually by clicking on icon. This slows down things sometimes.
Problem fix: Press Shift and click into the picture to start "Add". Then release Shift and drag your lasso as you want.
Request for option for Adjustment Layer tools to do all processing in 32 bit depth, even if image source is 8 or 16 bit. From my subjective tests up-converting document to 32 bit provides HUGE flexibility in color correction, but as side effect it 2x increases PLD file size and file saving time. Currently PLD file don't provide EXR-like compression optimized for 32 bit depth, so 32 bit file sizes are rather huge. It is always better to keep 16 bit source files in 16 bit PLD file, but do all processing in 32 bit depth. As real life example - DaVinci Resolve works exact like this (always process everything in 32 bit float internally and keeps source files untouched).
Problem fix: As suggested by Hoogo, It appears this option exists in Document mode (all Processing done in 32 bit but PLD file size keeps as 16 bit.) : "Try switching to document mode. Then you can assign the bit depth to the document, that should do."
Grey Mixer tool works only in some single color model mode.
Problem fix: As suggested by Martin Huber: "You can use "Tools > Color > Hue Editor" for gray conversion which is more flexible. By dragging the saturation curve to the bottom, the brightness curve can be used to control the resulting gray values.
Additionally, it can work in different modes (RGB, HIS, HSV, Lab)"
Browse Rating Stars toggles are hidden too deep inside "File -> Functions" menu.
Problem fix: Command + Right Mouse Click opens quick rating menu directly in Browse.
There are missing icons in some new filters and tools menus.
Problem fix: If you want, you can create your own icons. You can find the number for it by searching for the menu entry name in strings.str
No quick right click menu "Copy/Paste Layer Style(s)" it is hidden too deep in "Layer > Management > Copy Layer Style(s)"
Problem fix: it is always possible to add "Copy/Paste Layer Style(s)" to mouse middle click custom menu.
Morph Filter ignore selected layers if there is more than 2 layers in document.
Problem fix: by manual Morph should be used only in document that contains 2 layers.
In Windows if system font set to larger size ("Make text bigger" in system preferences), dropboxes elements became larger and may overlap.
Problem fix: Do not change system font size in Windows preferences.
Problems fixed in 21.90b10:
- Please rename "Histogram Correction" to "Levels". "Levels" is most commonly used universal name for this tool. Probably some other common tools may be renamed as well to match common specifications.
(Guided by older forum posts on Mac OS i was able to open files Strings.stb Strings.str files in text editor and change any Menu or Adjustment Layer name So seems it is another great hidden flexible user configurable option.
"Histogram Correction" now renamed to "Levels" in newer versions)
- More Sample size Average options for tools that use Color picker. 5x5 is not enough In some situations. Currently it is very hard to pick correct white point from high resolution Grainy film scans. Also that setting can not be changed directly from adjustment layers itself.
- JPEG compression quality problem. JPEG export for web (Menu -> Web -> Web Export...) even at 100% quality looks very bad compare to other apps. It produce some strange sharping-like edges effect. Problem exists only in JPEG WEB export menu (Menu -> Web -> Web Export...) . Normal "save as JPEG" command as well as (Menu -> File -> Export -> JPEG Image) don't produce these artifacts.
- Bug in remove object mode tool options:
1. By default when i add lasso select, none of these crop and gradient buttons are selected.
2. If i press one of these buttons, i can not turn it off anymore.
3. If i switch to different never used before lasso tool, there is again none of these buttons selected by default.
4. If i switch back to already used lasso tool, button is stays selected and i can not turn it off anymore.
- When layers structure is collapsed and expanded again, PhotoLine always open only first layer instead of all structure. Just imagine how it could be hard to work with complicated layer structures if every time after you collapsed and expand master layer, you need to open all structure again one by one layer:
(Problem fixed. "Layer list: Alt + click on the arrow to open all children and children's children")
- When i change document canvas size or copy/paste color correction Adjustment layer from one document to another, it copy adjustment layer dimension mask as well. As result if new document have different size and ratio, adjustment layer don't fits to it and should be manually scaled. Is it possible to always use some kind of infinity adjustment layers without fixed borders by default?
(Problem fixed. "Adjustment layers, copy and paste: Fully opaque adjustment layers with document size are adjusted to the size of the new document during pasting")
- Request for less depressive color labels icons. Or add option to customize them in PicturesUser.pld
- Option to Hide Scrollbars (request from Herbert123 and many other users)
- Distorted appearance of Menu and Tool icons.
- Suggestion to remove legacy gradient background from color puppet info panels.
- Same auto histogram adjustment (auto mode for all channels) set to 3 channel view show different result in docked and in floating windows. Seems like it is something related to file size and grain structure of the image. When i scale large file to 50% and repeat auto mode for all channels, i see less difference between docked and in floating windows. Very strange problem... If switch to single channel view mode, the clipping numbers are the same in docked and in floating windows, but histograms show different clipping amount.
- There is a problem in right-click layer selection menu logic. Layers arranged there in opposite direction. See example. Layers appears in order 3 2 1, but currently in right click menu they appears in order 1 2 3.
- Option to click and hold mouse button and drag around eye icons to quickly show/hide multiple layers.
Currently in PhotoLine it is only possible to click each layer or select multiple layers and show/hide them.
- Pixel gap in channels list at the bottom of each channel thumbnail.
- Custom Clip level values field for "Auto Mode for all channels" in Histogram Correction tool. (Similar to custom Clip Level value field in Photoshop)
- Support for 1D (gamma only) cube LUTs
- Auto add numbers to new vector shapes (1,2,3,4,5,6...)
- Option to turn off Layer selection checkmarks list.
(Problem fixed. (Options->Working->Special->Layerlist with selection field)
- "Offset" slider and little arrow near "Text Register" share the same icon source (200005 IDP_OFFSET)
- 1D LUT gamma shift problem
- Request to auto name new mask layer as "Layer Mask"
- Can't switch Guides modes in Rectangle lasso tool.
- When switch between windows, Levels preview don't updated
- Problem fixed: Layer list, multiple selection: Clicking on a layer of a multiple selection makes this layer the only active layer, Alt + click changes the active layer)
- Problem fixed: Layer attributes, size: When the layer tool is active and the reference point is visible, it is now enlarged relative to the reference point)
- Center Rotation Point is also always blurred/shifted and never pixel perfect
- 3D shadow effect from transform/rotate frame points. They look too "heavy" and too distract from image content.
(Problem fixed. Handles looks better without shadow but still slightly bold and "heavy")
- Offset between color channels in 1D LUT.
- LUTs in list are still somehow randomly arranged compare to list in Finder.
- Cursor blinks with additional cursor type when it passes through vector point edge.
- Impossible to invert mask of multiple selected layers.
- After handles redesign in 22.40b11 Object and Lasso handles now look different.
- Centered transform Size px use "Show Rotation Point" in tool settings.
But same time centered transform Scaling % use "Centered" button in tool settings.
- artifacts with dynamic symmetry ruler in Crop tool
- If apply any 1D LUT in 8 bit image - all image just became black
- In Picture mode "Rotate" + "Undo" = strange image shift.
- Once you transform Text frame in Normal mode, it is impossible to to return it to mode when typed text auto extends frame. Even normal "Undo" don't work
- no single channel curves preview displayed
- Gallery panel. Mistake in icons. Rename layer 19357 to 19358 in PicturesSimple.pld
- Reduce group to layer: After an undo, the layers in the group had lost their color profile
- "Adjust White Point" in Color Correction filter don't works
- Vector Outline don't preserve Alignment parameter from Line Style Editor.
- ICC profile set to group works globally only if Layers inside group don't have their own ICC profiles.
(Problem fixed. Group in Isolated Group Mode now preserve ICC profile transformations as it was requested here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... =45#p48307 and may be formally used for intermediate CMS Adjustments)
- "Liquify" tool in "Forward Warp" mode cause program crash when used on image with transparency.
- No sample size selector near Color picker icon in filter dialog windows:
(Problem fixed. Filter and working level dialogs: Can now read out areas with color pickups (with Ctrl on Windows or Command on macOS)
- Icons conflict in "Animate Layers" tool (layer 19351 )
- Icons conflict in "Gallery" panel (layer 18354, 12012, 12011)
- "Layout -> Text to Picture" and "File -> New -> Letter" cause program not responding and hang.
- If Document size is smaller than Text Layer size, it changes Text Layer borders when i copy/paste it.
- Multiple layers lost selection if click to any other but last selected layer in selection
- Some icons are off-centered in "Animate Layers" window
- Lasso don't shows the angle when turning
- Due legacy "+" mark, there is a problem with some icons invert when UI switched to dark mode. They just became near invisible.
- If remove legacy "+" mark from layers names in custom icons file located in /Users/username/Library/Preferences/PhotoLine/Help/PicturesSimpleUser.pld PhotoLine just ignore those renamed icon layers and instead use default backup icons from /Applications/PhotoLine.app/Contents/Resources/Pictures.pld
- no opacity value preview in color tooltip
- If change LUTs in floating LUTs window, LUTs names don't updated in Adjustment Layer window. Also after that you may see strange lines with multiple LUTs names copies in Adjustment Layer window menu.
- "38298 IDS_PRESET" too large icon size in "Presets" Adjustment Layer mini toolbar
- If select multiple layers in layer list and move them all together, they are moved all together as expected, but after that only one layer became selected.
- Command + drag picker option don't work yet when i click to "Fill and Line Color" and use large Color Editor window.
- 200049 IDP_EXIF used as "browse" menu button icon and as thumbnail info badge so there is a conflict with icon sizes.
- Naming confusion: "Trim Document" command in "Crop Tool" Toolbox that formally acts as "Crop Document" and crop document.
(Problem fixed. "Trim Document" renamed to "Crop Document"
- "Preferences -> Color Management -> Devices -> Digital Camera" can't support LUT-based ICC profiles (Lab cLUT or XYZ cLUT type). PhotoLine crash when i import RAW image like this. Only matrix-based input profiles are supported there.
- Little icons in the lower right corner on text frame problem. In pixel mode if text size is small and document is zoomed-in, those icons became pixelated and distorted.
- "Show Pixel Grid" always enabled by default for new documents and images, even if it was turned off earlier.
- Stitch - if i use images that different in pixel size or something goes wrong, filter report an error message, and the only way to back things to normal is completely close PhotoLine and start it again.
- English translate missing in Stitch, Focus Stacking and some lines in Layer Style.
- Mistake in color management logic between Adjustment Layers and Color Picker. In Document Mode if Adjustment Layer placed inside image, it works in Image ICC profile as expected, but incorrectly pick color values based on Document ICC profile.
- Radius in Rounded Rectangle is not a real radius, but looks like some sort of strange curve.
(Problem fixed. Seems shape objects with rounded corners used in legacy PLD files are not auto updated, but needs to be manually "touched" to start use correct corner radius)
- Rounded Rectangle corners became distorted after rectangle transform and Undo.
- In Absolute mode if Rounded Rectangle shape size is small and if set radius negative value too far, it is impossible back to original shape size anymore.
- Cursor blinking problem when located around triangle and rectangle handles in some filters UI.
- Filter side preview panel always glitch and annoy during window resize.
- "Highpass" and "Gaussian Blur" filters use same layer thumbnail icon source
"Color Correction" and "Color Temperature" filters use same layer thumbnail icon source
- Icons preview missing in "Keyboard Layout" and "Context Menu" preferences.
- Icons in Crop Tool settings looks blurry.
- Confusion with Text frame resizing behavior between Layer Tool and Text Tool
(Problem fixed. Layer Tool and Text Tool now preserve global Normal/Extended mode selected in Layer Tool settings)
- After resizing layer and then changing scaling algorithm in layer settings, image layer by mistake keep using previous scaling algorithm.
- Curve line in Curves tool is very hard to see when overlapped with histogram in light UI mode.
- Min Round Filter still missing in the Adjustment Layers quick list menu
- English translation mistake in RAW Preferences
- Missing icon of Mesh Gradient Tool
- Crop tool overlay rotation info tooltip is missing
- Bug in Levels Auto Correction settings - negative numbers under 0% as well as positive values over 100%.
- ICC V4 profiles with parametric curve type are not supported and cause incorrect tonal response in some tools.
- Fujifilm X-Trans RAW files are very slow to open with some debayer methods.
- Missing "Minimum Round" icon in adjustment filters menu.
- Customized arrow With/Length in saved preset always resets to default after program restart
- 3 windows are tiled to grid instead of single row on macOS.
- Problem with filters order between regular menu and quick adjustment layer menu
- Small sized circles exported in DXF looks distorted. Also dimensions of DXF export don't match to dimensions (in millimeters) set in Document size.
- Some icons are messed up in updated quick adjustment filters menu
- In "JPEG settings" some checkboxes always being unchecked after restart
- If put Clipping Mask layer inside any Live vector object like "Rounded Rectangle" or "Star" or "Flower", it became baked vector object and can't be edited with sliders anymore.
- BUG Program crash when 3 or more vector shape layers selected and "Layer Attributes" switched to "Type: Placeholder"
- Strange rectangle cropped preview and program crash when i use GIF Web Export
- In layers list naming numbers from 0 to 9 placed inside ( ) became invisible in mouse right click layer list.
- Missing layers auto naming for some vector tools
- If manually rename any Live vector object and then change parameter with sliders - it became auto renamed back to default name.
- Windows UI Request/Idea: Make sliders proportions in Windows version more eye friendly and more modern looking (slider line height: 3px, handle diameter: 13px). Thinner lines provide better concentration on handle position. Less visual noise. Larger handle size is easier to grab.
- UI Request/Idea: More modern and lightweight "open" little triangles for dropboxes.
- When convert Raster to Vector - Group should use name of original raster image.
- Little arrow in document statusbar looks distorted and pixelated, but start to look normal when i mouse hover on it.
- UI Request/Idea: Curve points snapping in "Hue Editor" and "Curves" adjustment layer with holding "Alt" key.
- UI Request/Idea: In layers list mark somehow layer type for live vector objects, and keep use "Vector" type for "fixed" vector objects.
- Live vector object became "fixed" vector object if i place mask inside it, and click "Invert Mask".
- UI Request/Idea: Add adjustments filters icons to mini adjustment panel drop menus
- Changing outline thickness by mouse scroll in Line Style Editor feels like broken. It skips numbers and also instantly jumps to some huge numbers if is scroll backward.
- "Offset" value in Line Style Editor is impossible to change by mouse scroll or by up/down keys.
- Curve interpolation is incorrect in "Hue Editor" tool. It males impossible to separate single color without affecting other colors
- Histogram is changing when i adjust Input Levels of separate channels. Problem exists only in "Show All Channels" mode
- Incorrect layers order and naming when use "Layer -> Management -> Save/Load Layer" for Image sequence
- Incorrect layers order when use "Browse -> Open as Layers" for Image sequence
- Bug in PNG animation export. If "Optimize Size" unchecked, image produce artifacts.
- If "Use Pixel Grid" snapping to pixels is activated, and image width have odd amount of pixels and image height even amount of pixels (For example rectangle 11x6 pixels), i can move raster image to the half of the pixel. If i turn ON Pixel Mode, i still can can move image handle frame by the half of the pixel, but raster image itself is visually snaps to the pixel grid.
Problem: half-pixel moved image look normal in preview, but it became blurred and aliased if merged with other layers or if do "Flatten Image".
- Currently if i collapse "Layer" mini adjustment box, it became expanded again when i create new adjustment layer from bottom quick menu icon. It also became expanded when i create new document.
- "Vector Drawing" tool always ignore Fill color selected in tool settings:
- Bug in Histogram preview in Document Mode when Layer to Document color management is enabled and when only one image layer exists.
- In layers list some thumbnails for Adjustments are missing (Correct Highlights, Denoise, Perturbation, Match Colors). Also a lot of filters use generic "Filter" icon instead of their original custom icons.
- Horizontal/Vertical Align tool applied in "Pixel Mode" and "Use Pixel Grid" use "pure vector" center and can shift vector or raster layer to half of the pixel instead of normally snapping to pixels grid.
- Some tools use incorrect auto numbering "Layer, Layer 1, Layer 2..." instead of "Layer, Layer 2, Layer 3..."
- Incorrect order for multiple created vector tool layers in 22.90b11
- When click in the middle of redesigned combo boxes in 22.90b11, they automatically open menu. This makes problematic to navigate between modes in "Curves", "Hue Editor" and other similar tools.
- In LUT tool, the edge of the combo box button is cropped on Windows version
- In some places "Separator" icon is missing.
- Visual artifact when distort text layer.
- Request/Idea: option for Pen, Brush, Eraser and all other brush-based tools that is currently missed in PhotoLine: Click to draw start point, Hold "Shift" and click in some other place to draw end point. This will connect start and end point with straight drawn line.
- New "Animate" panel don't works yet and simply ignore settings. Also it needs English translation and menu icon.
- New "Animate" panel don't have menu icon, and i was unable to find icon name in Strings.str
- Icons preview missing in Options -> Usage -> Context Menu
- Quick activate "In Active Layer" option by holding "Command" key for all vector tools visually looks like it works, but in reality it don't works. Shapes are still created in new layers.
- Small visual bug in Hue editor. If i change color model and then click "Reset" - background don't updates.
- Some translation mistakes and cropped characters in some UI places
- Preview artifacts when use "Effects -> Distort" tools
- Preview artifacts when use Text with "Run on Path + Distort" tools
- Preview artifact in in Circle/Ellipse tool, when "With Sides" is unchecked and Outline alignment set to "Inside".
- Remove Brush problem. When i hold Shift key and draw pure horizontal line, things behave strange. Instead of taking source pixels across the line, Remove Brush tool use pixels sources from other unpredictable direction and generate shifted artifact across the line. Also the offset of that artifact seems depends of mouse moving speed.
- Animation preview possible only in tiny Animate panel window, but not in normal main window.
- Vector Line Style Editor outline can't be used as real vector clipping mask.
(Problem fixed. Now vector clipping mask have Shape, Outline and Luminance modes)
- "Shift" modifier is broken now in Vector tools. It just don't works. Also if i Undo with "Command+Z" - "Proportional" and "In Active Layer" became enabled.
(Problem fixed. To keep proportional - Hold "Shift" , start to draw vector object, release "Shift")
- Rectangle artifact when use "Delete" mode in animation with objects that use Vector Outline.
- When "Text on Path" is enabled and "Distort" also enabled - "Underline" is activated but looks very strange
- Request/Idea: Rounded Polygon vector shape tool to quickly create objects with rounded corners.
- In Layer Attributes panel "Antialias" dropboxes are 1 pixel off-centered to bottom.
- BUG in Effects -> Bend Image. Curve editor simply don't respond to mouse clicks. Only Presets works.
Seems problem exists because Curve in main editor somehow flipped compare to thumbnail preview.
- Cropped UI elements in Effects -> Frame
- In Windows version Layer Style -> Special Emboss -> Emboss. Sliders look slightly different than in all other places. Thicker lines and smaller handles. They looks like remaining early versions of those sliders.
- (bug report started by Andre) Some controls and sliders behave non realtime with command + mouse drag:
Line Style Editor Arrow Width/Length
Angle in Layer Attributes
Text settings in Text tool
Vector tools parameters that have only text fields
Zoom % in the window bottom status bar.
Levels Adjustment -> Gamma triangle marker and Output Levels sliders position.
- "Emboss" effect by mistake use "Mosaic" title in filter settings window
- A lot of Effects and Styles tools Instead "degree" sign directly in text, draw it outside text frame. Also in some places world "degree" used instead of ° symbol.
- When light UI Background color is used, selected dot handles in Gradient Color Editor looks near invisible
- Angle degree ° symbol is missing in "Motion Blur", "Relief", "Wipe Effect" filters and in Brush Editor
- Also legacy external angle ° sign needs to be removed in Effects -> Distort -> Angled Roughen and Effects -> Effect Filters -> Lights
- Rounded corners slider don't works yet if polygon have 3 or 4 corners.
- Rounded corners in polygon are overlapped if corner radius set to 100
- "Angle" wheel sign feels slightly not too logical. That arrow in the end always makes me feel that it changes radius size, but not rotates things. More common and universal sign for "Angle" tool is circle with simple line (sometimes with dot in the center).
- In Windows version "Angle" wheel sign looks oval distorted in some places
- Output Levels handles have different height:
- In custom mouse middle click menu instead of separation line i see now word "Micellaneous"
- In Layer Style Presets quick list right click menu is missing.
- English translation missing in Speckie Gradient and settings
- Spiral tool generates not too perfectly rounded shape. It feels like some sort of rounded rectangle, but not a real arc
- Delay between main window and preview when layback animation
- "Shape" and "Outline" modes names in Clipping mask are messed up
(Problem fixed. Now used names "Path" and "Shape")
- When "Text Centered" or "Text Right" is enabled and i type text, it keep using default Text Left Aligned.
- Some tiny icons look distorted when i use name Pictures.pld instead of PicturesUser.pld custom icons file
- Lasso applied to Vector object changes size if add or remove inside another lasso multiple times.
- Impossible to move up/down fields in "Distort" sub-group.
- Some vector point toggles are missing in "Mesh Gradient" and to "Distort"
- "Layout -> Image -> Straighten and Crop Image" should be renamed to "Straighten and Trim Image" to match the "Trim" vs "Crop" naming logic currently used in other tools.
- Request/Idea: Extend curve points over frame borders edges. This makes easier to grab points in the corners.
- Triangle handles in different places have different sizes and also shifted from edge differently. Guess perfectly they all should use the same 8x8 size (or maybe even better use 9x9 size to provide sharper look and larger grab area).
- Small visual bug between dropbox arrow button and gradient handle
- Preview artifacts when use brush based on custom curve combined with low hardness, angle and roundness.
- Right click view modes menu is missing in Curves presets quick menu.
- Deleted color presets don't disappear from right-click menu in color quick list.
- Path Painting tool in "Change Width" mode don't changes distance between samples according to brush sample size (same as normal Brush tool do)
- Impossible to change blending mode in multiple selected layers with keyboard shortcuts. If use shortcuts - blend mode changes only in single layer.
- Brush cursor preview disappears if Roundness set to 0%
- Preview in Brush Editor thumbnail disappears if Brush Roundness is too small and Brush Size is too large
- Preview in Painting Matrix is randomly changes if brush size size is too small
- Mistake in default gradient presets. Right point in rainbow gradients use Hue 98% instead of 100%.
For perfect seamless rainbow gradient left point Hue should be 0% and right point Hue should be 100%
- Some gradient presets use 150% of preview frame
- Upper/lower case mistakes in some menus and tools names.
- In some situations Text Ruler appears even if it disabled in View settings
- Program crash if use "Automatic Lasso" with Vector Object layer
- Program Crash if draw with "Vector Lasso" tool, turn on "Show Mask" and "Edit Mask", and start to draw by "Vector Lasso" tool again
- Impossible to type manually Light coordinates. Only rotate by dragging red ball works.
- impossible to type manually angle in "Angle" wheel. Only rotate wheel by mouse works.
- Request: Shift (and Command) + Mouse click to Select multiple color picker samples in Picture Info panel.
- Lights in Distort Tool for Direction/Height use strange numbers 0-6 instead of normal 360 degrees
- Some remaining upper/lower case mistakes in menus and tools
- In Crop tool there is a strange blinking crosshatch cursor appears during movement between normal rotate cursor and hand grab cursor
- Left and Right handles in Gradient, Levels as well as Curves points seems like located at slightly different distance from left and right edges. This produce not too accurate look, especially when triangles combined with curves points
- Size of triangle handles now affected by global size of handles in preferences. In larger sizes they start to look too huge and became cropped by window frame.
- Curve created with "Vector Drawing" tool apply "Points Symmetric" uses Symmetric only for first and last point instead of all points.
- Small visual artifact in Painting Matrix brush preview When hardness is set somewhere between 80-100
- Vertical line border from the right side is missing in Painting Matrix panel
- "Stamp - Create from Lasso" saves stamps to PLD files only as 8 bit
- Program crash if turn on "Show Mask" and "Edit Mask" and start to draw on raster layer with "Vector Lasso" tool
- If convert JPEGs to 32 bit and apply Focus Stacking - it generates colored pattern instead of stacked image.
- "Use System Cursors" toggle in Preferences is missing on macOS
- In Windows version when "Use System Mouse Cursor" is unchecked in Preferences, PhotoLine keep using two system cursors instead of 201 and 203 cursor resources in Cursors.pld file.
- Styles and Adjustments icons arranged in different way on Windows and macOS versions
- Auto Correction Borders Settings in Levels are not synchronized between normal window and Adjustment Layer window.
- Triangle handles in Curves don't indicate X position % number in realtime. Also Point movement not synchronized with Triangle handle movement.
- Redesigned Output Levels rounded slider handles are one pixel off-centered. Also outline looks a little bit jagged probably also due off centered and not pixel perfect size.
- Visual artifact when flipped text frame dragged outside document borders
- When layer placed inside hidden group - transform preview don't updates in realtime.
- Animate Panel translation missing "Mischen - Mix"
- Mesh Gradient is 8 bit only, even if used in 16 or 32 bit document or layer.
- In 22.90b17 Center rotation point crosshatch looks bad again
- Request/Idea for angle wheel: Snapping to 0, 45, 90, 135 degree (and so on...) if hold "Shift" key.
- Mesh Gradient sometimes remains in 8 bit when used in 16 bit document
- "Stitch" and "Focus Stacking" are available in mouse right click menu, but missed in main Browser menu.
- Realtime preview of blending modes by mouse hover was disabled in 22.90b18
- In Layer style "Intensity" behave strange. For example if i set it to 55%, close Layer Styles, open Layer Styles again - Intensity changes to 54.9%
- Bug with Mesh Gradient Color Picker tool. If use Color Picker and click to other layer in Layer List - Mesh Gradient layer became invisible.
- Request/Idea: By default lock position of created Adjustment Layer to avoid accident movement.
- Patch Tool and Healing Brush generate blue artifact from white highlights color.
- Layers order in Match Colors filter menu arranged in opposite order to layers list
- In Match Colors mini adjustment layer word "only" is partially cropped
- In 23.00rc1 "Stitch" and "Focus Stacking" are available in menu, but icons are missed in Icon Bar Options
- UI Request/Idea: Option to disable border line frame around document. There are situations when it is critical to see original mage on background without any additional pixel line border frame. Also if Pixel Mode is turned on, that pixel line border jumps and shifts during zooming and distract attention.
- [Request] Auto hide bottom window status bar at Fullscreen mode
(Problem fixed for macOS only)
- Sliders handles in Color Editor panel are off centered and aliased
- Layer Styles thumbnail effects preview looks too huge in size in Absolute Mode.
- Variable Width pattern in Line Style Editor produce artifacts. It looks like some infinity jagged vector edges.
- Some typing and translation mistakes in Color Editor and Lens Correction
- Threshold, Density, Bias and Angle sliders don't works in most filters
- Turn off 3D Body in Layer Attributes, Change color of vector layer, Turn on 3D Body in Layer Attributes. Problem: 3D Body now cropped inside vector source shape. When double click to 3D Body in Layer Attributes and open 3D Body settings - problem is gone.
- JPEG XL, GIF, SVG, WebP items in "Save", "Save As", "Export" menus arranged in different order depending of single or multi layer document.
- In Browse file type menu Digital Camera Raw Image repeated 2 times
- Text shifts in "About PhotoLine" banner
- If i put Raster image inside Adjustment Layer - it replaces original mask of Adjustment Layer.
But If i put Vector object inside Adjustment Layer - it adds mask to original mask of Adjustment Layer.
(Problem fixed Raster image now adds mask to original mask of Adjustment Layer)
- Color Correction filter works incorrectly in Linear gamma.
- Visual problem when transform Batch Converting window. Also some text lines are are cropped there.
- In "Save Pages" dialog "Single Page" text is partially cropped on macOS.
- Latest Fujifilm X-Trans cameras and lossy compressed RAW formats are not supported. LibRaw needs to be updated.
- JPEG XL don't saves embed ICC profile
- Can't open multiple files using "Open As Placeholder" icon in "Browse Icon Bar"
- EXR files generates incorrect preview thumbnails and don't show metadata icons in "Browse"
- English translation is missing in Polygon tool settings
- macOS "Batch Converter" text overlaps in some UI places when used PDF, PNG or WebP
- In "Picture Mode" add image layer that is smaller than Background. Drag it to bottom to use as new background. Undo. Problem - layers now moved to different position.
- Program crash when closing the font list by clicking on the already active font.
- macOS UI: Request for complete Dark Mode including window toolbars.
- New and Improved reconstruction logic of vector layers in path group produce some new artifacts.
- If macOS set to Light UI mode and PhotoLine Preferences->Display->User Interface set to Dark color, after program restart some UI elements start to use Light UI mode.
- Quick Color Editor is missing in quick right click menu in all filters and tools in all places
- Custom assigned Page Up/Down keys don't work anymore
- "Undo" and "Export to Clipboard" button icons ignore invert in dark UI mode
- Gradient disappears if transform and then fix vector layer
- A little bit confusing placement of "Show Formatting Marks" menu.
- Request/Idea for Export Attributes panel: double click to open preset settings
- Request/Idea for Export Attributes panel: always show selected preset name in drop menu field
- Export Attributes panel use "Open" button in window dialog instead of "Export"
- macOS Grey Mixer custom sliders in dark UI mode looks very different to original macOS sliders.
- Buttons in Guides panel use some sort of "framed" look compare to "borderless" buttons in all other panel toolbars
- Visual artifact with gradient control handles when control handles are enabled and gradient quickly adjusted from Color Editor
- in Guides Panel mini "Add" button is too small.
- Icons in Guides Panel look too small and aliased because buttons use 23x23 px size instead of normal 25x25 px used in all other toolbars
- English translation missing in "Slideshow" tool window
- Problem with vector outline mask modes in 23.40b7 and 23.40b8.
- Request/Idea for Export Attributes panel: folder path selection field to bypass additional finder dialog on each export.
- Request/Idea: Use key modifier to open fonts menu starting from currently used font instead of beginning of the fonts list.
(Problem fixed. Font list: Right-clicking does not select the last used fonts)
- Right click on font menu opens another font menu
- Suggestion to rename preference "Clear with right mouse button" to easier to understand "Erase with right mouse button"
- Request/Idea: Double click (or right click, or middle click) on any slider handle to reset it to default (requested by multiple users from early days)
- Direct pixel manipulation lasso/selection mode (requested by multiple users during 7 years)
- When double-click on handles/sliders in Levels, Curves, Optimize HDR, Threshold, Line Style Editor, Gray Mixer, Color Editor, Color to Transparency - they don't reset exactly to 0% and 100%. Also double-click to reset sliders don't works at all in Exposure, Light/Shadow, White Point, Denoise, Correct Highlights, Resterize Image, Perturbation, Selective Color Correction, Vibrance
- Overlay of some image-based brushes blinks a lot when i move cursor.
- Visual bug between "Channel to Selection" and "Layer Handles"
- SlideShow window text overlaps on buttons when resize window
- Upper/Lower case typo mistake: "Apply layer mask to mask" change to "Apply Layer Mask to Mask"
- Upper/Lower case typo mistake: "Increase/Decrease font size" change to "Increase/Decrease Font Size"
- If switch to Lab mode in Hue Editor, image became black. Also window background around image became black when i switch layer mode from RGB to Lab. Problem exists only when LCMS enabled. (Seems a bug in new version of LittleCMS and the Fast Float Plugin)
- When change brush size with UP DOWN arrow keys, size value don't match to real visual brush size on screen.
- Some sliders and angle wheels generate random decimal numbers instead of accurate simple numbers.
- Histogram in Color to Transparency filter isn't updated after picking a color.
- "Color Position" points don't snaps to pixel grid when "Use pixel Grid" enabled
- Some sliders in Tool Settings can't be reset by double click.
- Tooltips in "Preferences-> Usage" and "Preferences->Browse->Icon Bar" are always visible and very annoying
- Custom hotkeys for "Text" menu may disappear
- First clicked point of Color Picker area selected with Command + Drag don't snaps to pixel grid when "Use pixel Grid" enabled.
- Picker selection in Adjustments Dialog window don't snaps to pixel grid.
- Changing value with mouse scroll wheel don't works in Rasterize image, Color Balance, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation.
- Stamp Tool don't remember last used stamp after PhotoLine restart and always use first stamp in the list.
- Rotate View tool + Color Correction filter produce huge shift in color, probably because disables color management.
- Optimize HDR Histogram preview invisible if image 8 or 16 bit.
- Proof Mode ICC profile name info is invisible in window title bar if image size is 1024px wide or smaller.
- "Show Single Histogram" button Locks other buttons in "Levels".
- Contrast and Gamma sliders in Curves placed in different positions in full and mini window.
- Exposure Eye Candy filter returns incorrect transparency layer and also works incorrect in 16-bit (bugreport started by mrocha).
- Some interpolation modes are missing in Curves mini window when switch from RGB to HIS and back to RGB mode.
- 10x snapping in some sliders don't works or works incorrectly.
- Request/Idea: Command + Drag to 10 degree snapping in Rotation wheels
- Request/Idea: Enable Hand Tool double-click if zoom is larger than 100%.
- Color Picker Command+Mouse Drag ignores "From Active Layer" setting if pick color from selected Group layer.
- Program crash if use Hue Editor or Curves in Hue mode, create 2 (or more) points, select them all, and move points to top/bottom/left/right outside adjustment window border.
- If Preferences->Extended->System->Insert Position set to "Centered " or "At Mouse Position", pasted image ignore pixel grid when "Pixel Mode" and "Use Pixel Grid" is enabled, and may produce half pixel shift problem and blurry image.
- Light Effects 3D red ball needs Command + Drag to 10 degree snapping.
- Threshold histogram preview ignores layer mask.
- Bug in Optimize HDR adjustment if click Reset button two times.
- White Point filter generates color tint if "Limit" set to 50%
- "Distribute Layers Horizontally/Vertically/Equally" produce half pixel shift when "Use Pixel Grid" enabled.
- Impossible to use Brush sizes 2,4,6,8 px and so on...
- If Quick Export or Export to folder that already contains exported images - it creates new files with "_1" suffix. If export to same folder second time - program hangs.
- If Quick Export layer that have no name, it generates file with empty name which reads as "invisible" file by OS.
- Some icons disappear from menu and toolbar if click to "Quick Export Path" and then change Panel Layout preset.
- In Vibrance adjustment filter Dynamic slider use steps 2 4 6 8... instead of 1 2 3 4...
- In Curves, Hue editor and other curves-based tools it is impossible to drag and remove points, if there are less than 3 points.
- Checkmark near active Preset is missing in Mini Adjustment window presets menu.
- Request/Idea: Apply "Show/Hide Layer Handles" command to vector points handles and all other vector overlays
- Request/Idea: read TIFF Tag PrimaryChromaticities
- Brush Size Up/Down keys use 1.0 step instead of 0.5
- Checkmark near active Preset is missing in Tools presets menu.
- Visual bug when click to invisible vector layer with activated Edit Vector Points tool
- Color modes list in large and mini Color Editor arranged in different order
- In Batch Converting if drag folder to path - it adds path to already existing path. This feels incorrect. Logically dragged folder should replace existing path.
- due 0x011d metadata field TIFF file name not used as layer name (problem fix: TIFF export: Empty layer names no longer become "Layer", background layer with file name is saved without name)
- Effect Filters -> Lightning -> Width. if use scroll wheel slider moves only backwards
- Color Picker samples change position after Crop.
- Set/Correct Color Temperature placed in different orderer in full sized and mini panel
- Projection Effect. If move Range slider by mouse, it use random decimal numbers steps instead of 1 2 3 4 5... steps.
- Projection Effect Body tab. Part of moved rectangle use strange invert effect. This makes things complicated to understand.
- Request/Idea: Apply "Move/Zoom synchronously" setting when double-click image to zoom 100% and back.
- Program crash with some unusual xyz_clut input ICC profile types. Probably new bug in LittleCMS.
- In Windows version Tool Settings icons looks aliased.
- Filter icons in Layer tree are distorted (both macOS and Windows)
- In 23.90b3 macOS version there is no more window status bar.
- Layer List Search icon toggle became extremely small in macOS
- Histogram doesn't updated on a selection change when "Active Layers" is selected.
- In Windows versions, when window is minimized there is a problem when press to window buttons.
- Request/Idea: Maximized window auto adjust to new size when Show/Hide panels switched
- Request/Idea: redesign Group Expand/collapse arrow icon to same modern "open arrow" style as all other arrows
- Request/Idea: Brush Size precision up to 0.1 in thumbnails preview.
- In Windows version some icons sometimes suddenly became distorted.
- In Windows version minimized document window hangs and it is impossible to maximize or move it
- In Windows version there is a tile windows problem if one window minimized.
- If search layers by font &font="Arial", full font name should be typed with exactly same upper/lower case letters as used in original font name. It could be simpler if ignore upper/lower case of font name and also search by first letters of the font name.
- If Layer size in Layer tree set to 32x32 there is no checkmark indicator in menu.
- Program crash when export (or save as) to JPEG XL