Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine Tools

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
shijan
Mitglied

Re: [Part 2] Large List of Suggestions and Requests for Photoline UI and Tools

Post by shijan »

Color position marks currently also aliased and blurred. I guess they simply should follow Pixel Mode and should be snapped to Pixel Grid to avoid icon aliasing.
Last edited by shijan on Fri 04 Jun 2021 08:10, edited 6 times in total.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Large List of Suggestions and Requests for PhotoLine Tools

Post by shijan »

Is it possible to use vector line style outline as a real vector path mask? Currently it just disappears in mask mode.

Problem fix 1:
As suggested by Martin Huber: "you can clip with the content of a layer by putting it inside an isolated group ("Layer Attributes > Extended: Draw Isolated") and clipping with that group", but it creates only image-based mask based on color, but not a real vector mask.

Problem Fix 2:
Seems the best more-less working fix for this problem is to use "Layout -> Vector -> Vector Outline". This transforms "fake" live vector outline to "real" vector path and so it could be used as vector mask. But it can not be adjusted anymore with slider.
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:50, edited 5 times in total.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Future request for Line Style Editor. Option to generate open arrows like these. Adjustable arrow angle and length.
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:50, edited 2 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Request to enable or disable masks from multiple selected adjustment layers.
Currently adjustments layer masks may be enabled or disabled only one by one. Not too convenient:
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:51, edited 3 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Last edited by shijan on Wed 31 Mar 2021 22:46, edited 5 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Seems "Keep Distance" switch is missing in "Healing Brush" (similar switch used in Copy Brush tool and allow to pick source from multiple locations instead of single fixed point)
"Preview Copy" switch also very useful if only it is possible to preview "Healing Brush" in realtime.
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:53, edited 4 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

There is a right-click menu "Crop" that as expected crop image based on Rectangle Lasso selection in Picture Mode. In Document mode this command only crops image layer, but not a Document.
Request:
In Document mode right-click menu add additional option "Crop Document" to crop document based on Rectangle Lasso selection tool. (Currently it is possible only with special "Crop Tool" in Toolbox and separate selection)
Last edited by shijan on Wed 24 Mar 2021 08:24, edited 7 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

:arrow: Here is a request/idea for "Object Removal", "Remove Brush" and "Remove Dust/Scratches" tools.

In Photoshop there are two main options for this: legacy "Proximity Match" and newer and more advanced "Content Aware". Each method may benefit depending of situation.

In PhotoLine there is one single option that subjectively seems like smarter than plain "Proximity Match", but it is still less accurate and less invisible than "Content Aware".
In combination with "Darken' or "Darken Color" blending mode "Remove Brush" usually works more less ok, but in lot of situations tracks from brush are too visible. It still feels like it could be improved.

"Remove Dust/Scratches" is another useful tool. It detects artifacts pretty well but it use very basic and very quick object removal algorithm.
I attempt to emulate manually more advanced "Remove Dust/Scratches" tool with Denoise + High Pass Filter + Threshold + Color to Transparency + Expand Mask + Remove object, but can't get the same quality of dust detection. Seems like there is something that i miss here.

So the request in short:
1. Add improved and more seamless methods to "Object Removal" and "Remove Brush"
2. Add more advanced non real time method to "Remove Dust/Scratches"
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Here is deeper explanation about problem with "Remove Brush" tool.
When i press Shift to draw straight long line it always produce very strange results. Seems in this situation it takes samples from some very far areas and don't preserve line direction. Is it possible somehow optimize that tool to behave more predictable with lines? Especially for pure straight lines drawn with Shift modifier.
Last edited by shijan on Sat 16 Jan 2021 14:56, edited 2 times in total.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Post by russellcottrell »

What if you only had curves, dehaze, light/shadow, the paintbrush, and unsharp mask?
IMG_2580_old.jpg
IMG_2580_new.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Post by Herbert123 »

Going to chime in here. I feel it is everyone's right to suggest improvements, and many of Shijan's suggestions have been great in my opinion and ones I would like to see as well. A number have been implemented, and have been real small improvements. Some I think are a bit specific, but I understand, having worked in a wide range of software (3D, animation, VFX, video, coding, etc.), where Shijan is coming from.

I think it is important to realize everyone harbours different wishes and requirements - in particular for a broad range application like PhotoLine which combines high-end image manipulation/comping, vector editing and general DTP functionality.

I myself have reported many, many bugs over the years and suggested many improvements: many of which were implemented and some were not. I feel it is also important to allow space for all of us PhotoLine users to provide constructive comments and suggestions for improvements - even if those suggestions might run counter to our own individual wants and preferences.

Shijan's suggestions for improvements are helpful. What is not helpful is name calling, or blowing up over a specific request, and this only occludes the fact that everyone here loves working with PhotoLine: seeing emotions run high in this thread only demonstrates and highlights this.

Tomorrow is a new day. Let's make it a positive one. :)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Post by Herbert123 »

shijan wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 02:45 1. There are two transform modes in text tool: In Normal mode text size stays unchanged inside transformed frame. In Extended mode text transforms as normal object.
Don't you think that it could be more logical to use simple object-like transform mode in Normal mode? For me personally it was very strange to see text tool that behaves like this. In most apps text tool transforms like simple object, so users usually just expect to type something and adjust text object size.
No, I disagree. In any DTP software this is the accepted behaviour. I do quite a lot of text layouts in PhotoLine, and it would drive me insane if the default behaviour would be to scale the text when grabbing the handles. In InDesign, Quark, Scribus, etc. the default behaviour is to extend the text space rather than scaling the text.
And pressing the CTRL key allows for text scaling - exactly like InDesign and other DTP apps.

In my opinion the current implementation is how it should be. So please do not change this behaviour, because it makes no sense when working with lots of text in a layout.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Request/Idea: Mark with "*" edited colors in "Selective Color Correction" filter in similar way as it is currently done in "Hue/Saturation" filter. It is very useful visual hint.
Also it make sense to add same hotkeys to "Selective Color Correction" to quickly switch between colors in menu.
ImageImage
Last edited by shijan on Wed 12 May 2021 21:46, edited 2 times in total.
shijan
Mitglied

Post by shijan »

Last edited by shijan on Thu 18 Feb 2021 19:50, edited 3 times in total.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Post by Martin Huber »

shijan wrote: Tue 26 Jan 2021 00:53 I always thought that Grey Mixer tool is something that should work rather similar in any app, but seems i was wrong. Seems Grey Mixer tool may work in very different modes and so may produce very different final results. In addition sliders response also very different between apps.

(...)

Photoshop (how did they do it so uniform?):
The answer depends on how you created the source image.
shijan wrote: Tue 26 Jan 2021 00:53So i guess Grey Mixer options could be extended in future.
I don't think the gray mixer will be extendend.
You can use "Tools > Color > Hue Editor" for gray conversion which is more flexible. By dragging the saturation curve to the bottom, the brightness curve can be used to control the resulting gray values.
Additionally, it can work in different modes (RGB, HIS, HSV, Lab).

Martin