PDF incapsulating w/o Ghostscript.

borgo1971
Mitglied

PDF incapsulating w/o Ghostscript.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Even I know I can incapsulate PDFs with Ghostscript, I think it's not optimal tool, because if we don't convert fonts to outline, most time PDF loses his aspect, and if we convert fonts, we obviously can't use any text future on the file, and depending on PDF content, destination file size becomes really big. As long as there is no error during import, which is not uncommon.
So I think it's time to go ahed Ghostscript, and add a future to incapsulate a PDF (page) holding it as a unique object/layer. This kind of object could be exploded in a second time, with all conversion I get now when I import a PDF. But until then, PDF should be incapsulated as it is, showing it as single layer that can be masked, covered by other layers, overwritten and can generate virtual copies.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Re: PDF incapsulating w/o Ghostscript.

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Fonts will always be converted to outlines for legal reasons if they are copyright protected. This is not a bug or missing feature in GS, but a requirement in all PDF documents. There are exceptions though… some apps do embed fonts and subsets of fonts, but the fonts are protected so that they can't be copied or used after the PDF has been generated.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
borgo1971
Mitglied

Re: PDF incapsulating w/o Ghostscript.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Apple Pages trial with incapsulated PDF.7z
der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Fr 22 Jan 2021 22:14 Fonts will always be converted to outlines for legal reasons if they are copyright protected. This is not a bug or missing feature in GS, but a requirement in all PDF documents. There are exceptions though… some apps do embed fonts and subsets of fonts, but the fonts are protected so that they can't be copied or used after the PDF has been generated.
Many software on Mac OS (I figure on Windows too) can encapsulate PDF without converting fonts to outline. Software that mostly are not so capable or suitable to do what I need as PhotoLine. Apple Pages, VectorWorks, Archicad, FileMaker... all are able to incapsulate PDF pages and handle them as unique object. VectrWorks can snap cursor to vectorial objects inside PDF too.
But I'd liked really to be able to handle PDF in this way in PhotoLine (even if they are encrypted), with some future like ability to set transparency (VectorWorks allows this too), masking, make virtual copies, convert PDF layer to raster layer holding aspect, exploding PDF like we import it now, etc...
I think it would be a great future to compose documents.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.