Default layer

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Default layer

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Is there away to change the default 'active' layer when I open a PLD file? I've lost count of the times I've altered a layer only to realise that it's the background layer and not the top layer.

I would prefer all my PLD files to open with the top layer the active layer.

thanks
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Default layer

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Just to add one more comment. When ever I crop a multi layered document it always reverts to the background layer. ie the background layer becomes the active layer. Not the top layer. Can this be changed in anyway?

bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Mi 16 Jan 2019 06:14(...) When ever I crop a multi layered document it always reverts to the background layer. ie the background layer becomes the active layer. Not the top layer. (...)
Strange. I just tried that here and cropping didn't change the active layer. I tried it with image and with vector layers, in picture mode and in document mode.

Are you using the crop tool from the tool bar? Can you send us a sample document where the active layer changes when you crop it?

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I simply open a tiff. (5000x3300pp). Picture Mode. Duplicate layer. Ensure the top layer is active. Not the background layer. From the Tool Box select the Crop Tool. Make sure I do a reset. Edit/Select All. Drag a handle to crop. Then hit Trim Document. Background Layer becomes the active layer.

I can also open a PLD file with 2 layers in it. Do the exact same steps and get the exact same result.

bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

My fault. I only tried it with the beta version, and in the beta version this is already fixed.
I can reproduce it in version 21.01.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks. I look forward to an update.

bruce