Shape manipulations

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
debro5
Mitglied

Shape manipulations

Beitrag von debro5 »

Maybe it's just me that is not very familiar with graphics, but I can't seem to find a way of doing some basic shape operations with Photoline 32. I'm trying to superpose two shapes (like two circles) and just keep their intersect (giving kind of an eye shape). It's probably simple but I can't find it. Another software I had some years ago had a new menu when you selected two object and you were able to add,subract, intersect, divise,etc the objects. That was usefull. Thank you,
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Please more info

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hi Debro,

PL32 is no CAD drawing program. Those kind of programs generally have those options.

Anyhow we can help you but I like to know firstly, what you really like to acheive.
Are you drawing shapes by Vector shapes or just like Pixel drawing?

Do you try to acheive new shapes by this action? Scalable ones? or just coloured fields?

Regards

Michael
debro5
Mitglied

Shape manipulations

Beitrag von debro5 »

You're right, I figured that out. Photoline 32 is not an illustration software. I found the options I was looking for in the opensource Inkscape. Photoline 32 remains excellent for photo processing, fast and intuitive in several aspect. AcdSee Canvas has both worlds combined in one application, but lacks some tools on the photo editing side.

Thank you,
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Have you tried creating the two overlapping images, combining them into one layer, then converting the layer to a smoothed vector graphic? Then all you have to do is delete the nodal points of the parts of the image that you don't want.

By keeping all your operations in vector-graphic mode from the beginning, your two overlapping circles as vector shapes, this becomes even easier to combine the two shapes and then edit out the parts you don't want. Saving a few steps, as well as any interpolation errors you might get when going from raster to vector. Or too many nodal points to deal with.

But it's also just as easy working from raster graphics (as mentioned above).

I personally haven't performed this operation, but from working with other vector graphic shapes I don't see why it can't be done.