New feature request

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Re: Text-Editor "Move" Handle?

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:we plan for the future to set the text ruler into the normal window ruler. The advantage of this would be that you can always see the text ruler.
The best way of moving text layers when the text tool is active is
- press "ESC"
- move the layer
- press "ESC" again and you will be bag at the text tool
Putting the text ruler always visible sounds like a good idea. As for moving a text layer, I can live with the ESC/move/ESC method. :-) I just hadn't found as simple a way before.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Plugins that you will always use would be best placed in a "Plugins" folder in the PL32 "Default" folder. This plugins will always be first loaded and this way there should be no problem when you try additional plugins.
Thanks, this works great! I have all my plugins in a "GraphicsLibrary/Plugins/" folder, (as well as things like "GraphicsLibrary/Masks/" etc. ) So that I can point all my editors and tools to them. I just copied my favorites to a PL32/Plugins folder, have that as the first path in PL32 and all is well.

A good work-around! Thanks. I don't mind having duplicates on my main filters menu, just so I can get some recognizable icons on a plugins toolbar. :-) As well as making me feel free to install and test all sorts of other plugins again. Oh, I just realized (after more carefully reading your suggestion), I don't even have to have duplicates if I make my plugins paths like "GraphicsLibrary/Plugins1", "GraphicsLibrary/Plugins2" and then just put my prefered PL32 ones in /Plugins1. I may change that.

p.s. I found a few plugins last night that only worked with PS that I really like. I'll send you a very short list if you want to check them out. One thing I found interesting is that some plugins that I liked worked fine in PL32 v12.x, but won't work in PL32 v13.x. I first thought they were PS-ONLY plugins, but when tested with PL32 v12.x they worked just fine. I made notes of which ones worked before. Perhaps you can make them work in v13.x again.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

What about kisting them here, Koyaanis, so that other users can have a look and support you or not with the plug-ins they would like to see working. That would give Gerhard and Martin an idea of possible priorities.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:What about kisting them here, Koyaanis, so that other users can have a look and support you or not with the plug-ins they would like to see working. That would give Gerhard and Martin an idea of possible priorities.
I'll post them in the Plugin Compatibility thread, it'll be more appropriate there.

Gerhard has already been so kind as to already take a look at them. My problem is that for some reason I can get some of them to work in v12.x of PL32, but not v13.x of PL32, so I thought they might be PS-ONLY plugins. I'm not sure what is causing that. Perhaps I should try a clean install of PL32 v13.x and see if something got corrupted in one of my configuration files (that has happened in the distant past). Maybe one of the other plugins I've tried to use or some dll got replaced in my system folder or something. It's sometimes related to plugins that rely on a transparency layer.