TWO FEATURES: Save error "cancel" option; "In

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

TWO FEATURES: Save error "cancel" option; "In

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

1) SAVE AS ... "Cancel" option

A couple of times now I have gone to save an unsaved document, and specified TIFF format. That has produced a dialog telling me that I am about to sve a multi-layered document, so do I want it flattened to a single layer or do I not?

When I have hit "No" -- that's the end of everything! The document disappears and it is not saved! Work is lost!

Can you add "Cancel" to that dialog and return to the "save" dialog so we can do what we should have done in the first place (saved as a pl32 format document before saving off to alternatives) to avoid either losing the document altogether or flattening it and thus losing the ability to work on the different layers in future?

2) INVERT WAND SELECTION

In Canvas, there is a nifty variation to the wand selection tool available in the contextual menu -- "Select inverse". Thus you select everything EXCEPT the colour you have clicked in (with the range of variation specified).

A couple of instances of when this is very handy:

-- When you have an image sitting in a coloured field and you want to select just that image to copy or cut or make some variation to.

-- When you have a large number of small fragments of a variety of colours which you would like to change, set in a field of another colour, which would be time consuming to select individually. In some cases, you might not even know such colours are there -- they might just be very small, remnant pixels. By inverting the selection of the main colour(s), though, you can select these remnants easily.

I can't see such an option in PL 32. Any chance of it?

(I might say that Canvas lacks the autotransparency and automask painting of PL 32"s wand, I might say! Very neat. I have made good use of the autotransparency a number of times already.)

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hello greenmorpher,

1) Which is your PL version? In this situation I am getting a Yes/No/Cancel dialog!

2) Does the Ctrl-I work for you? This easily inverts the selection: Select the color(s) and then hit Ctrl-I and you get an inverse selection!

Regards

Michael
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Michael Roek-Ramirez hat geschrieben:Hello greenmorpher,

1) Which is your PL version? In this situation I am getting a Yes/No/Cancel dialog!

2) Does the Ctrl-I work for you? This easily inverts the selection: Select the color(s) and then hit Ctrl-I and you get an inverse selection.[/quote]

Dammit! Ctrol-i = inveret mask! I went through the menus and the manual looking for "selection" and "invert selection".

We really need the terms used in other programs to be offered as alternatives in the manual. I actually didn’t know the tool had anything to do with the "mask" until I went to write the post above! Who needs a name? It's the same tool doing much the same (bascic) think in every program -- making a selection.

Cheers, Geoff

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Sorry, Michael, in my hurry -- I was trying to fix a photo for a publication which had just hit the deadline wall -- I didn’t thank you for your quick help.

Many thanks! :D

Cheers, Geoff