Shadows and document size

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Shadows and document size

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

I am working in an image window and I go: effects | effects filters | projection and turn it into a cylinder.

The thing rolls up into a cylinder in the middle of the frame, and the background colour fills the area vacated by the picture when it rolled up.

The cylinder is hard against the top and bottom of the window frame. Now, I go menu bar | effects | effects | shadow outside and the shadow is fine down the side of the cylinder, but it is cut off by the window frame at the bottom.

The answer to this, of course, is to *first* enlarge the window with change document size ... but could not the appropriate enlargement happen automatically in this and similar cases? Clearly, the program detects what the window size should be -- as is demonstrated by menu bar | layer | change layer size | crop size (a very clever command, I thought, having just found it!).

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com