Color Management

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Color Management

Post by greenmorpher » Sun 24 Jun 2007 02:42

In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".

In this context, what do those terms actually mean?

Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com

Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Color Management

Post by Gerhard Huber » Mon 25 Jun 2007 06:09

greenmorpher wrote:In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".
You can use rendering intents to show PL32 for what purpose your image was designed. It's not so easy to understand this, so I would suggest to search the web for more information.
greenmorpher wrote:Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?
I think it's a profile installed on your computer, isn't it?

Gerhard[/quote]

lutz
Mitglied

Post by lutz » Mon 25 Jun 2007 07:19

some great explanations on rendering intent can be found here:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... ersion.htm

greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: Color Management

Post by greenmorpher » Mon 25 Jun 2007 14:29

Gerhard Huber wrote:
greenmorpher wrote:In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".
You can use rendering intents to show PL32 for what purpose your image was designed. It's not so easy to understand this, so I would suggest to search the web for more information.
Sigh! Okay, Gerhard, I'll try to find it on the net.
greenmorpher wrote:Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?
I think it's a profile installed on your computer, isn't it?
Not that I know of. I do still have Freeway, a web authoring program installed, but I didn’t know it had installed a color profile anywhere. Certainly I've never consciously used it and no other program has accessed it!

Lutz -- thanks for that lead. I'll chase it up.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com