Lanczos-8 - Which Tools Use It?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Lanczos-8 - Which Tools Use It?

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I know that Lanczos-8 can be selected as an option for the scaling and rotation tools, but are there any other tools that make use of this algorithm?

I'd like to see it as an option on any tools that require remapping pixel data to new locations. Like when adjusting for lens and perspective distortions. The various Shape tools, like Distort with Grid, Distort with Arrows, etc.

Is this possible? Or is the Lanczos algorithm only usable when manipulating a whole image by equal amounts (not just regions)?

Can this be added to the tools in the next version if it is possible? Since this "best-of-the-best" resampling algorithms is already built into PL32, I don't see why it should not be an option for all tools that can take advantage of it.

Thanks!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Lanczos-8 - Which Tools Use It?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Koyaanis hat geschrieben:I know that Lanczos-8 can be selected as an option for the scaling and rotation tools, but are there any other tools that make use of this algorithm?

I'd like to see it as an option on any tools that require remapping pixel data to new locations. Like when adjusting for lens and perspective distortions. The various Shape tools, like Distort with Grid, Distort with Arrows, etc.

Is this possible? Or is the Lanczos algorithm only usable when manipulating a whole image by equal amounts (not just regions)?

Can this be added to the tools in the next version if it is possible? Since this "best-of-the-best" resampling algorithms is already built into PL32, I don't see why it should not be an option for all tools that can take advantage of it.
Using Lanczos-8 for all drawing is to slow. It can be speeded-up significantly in special situations like scaling and rotating, so it can be used there.

Martin
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Thanks for the reply Martin. Maybe a couple years from now as computers get even faster then it might be worth the effort. :-)