PL32 Issues

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Hangnail
Mitglied

PL32 Issues

Beitrag von Hangnail »

Hey,

Latest 10.01 release is awesome. There is only one thing on OSX that is a bit of an annoyance; the browser. Basically there are two issues:

1. It locks the application every so often. I'm trying to see what can get it to occur all the time in order to submit a better bug report. I've noticed that PDF files can often cause it to give the spinning rainbow beachball of doom.

2. When you open an image form it and you select the browser again from the toolbar, the last folder is loaded but the tree is completely collapsed forcing one to complete re-navigate if you want to do any file moves or copies. A bit of an annoyance.

Other than that it is a great application!

--
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
- Johnny Hart
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PL32 Issues

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hangnail hat geschrieben:1. It locks the application every so often. I'm trying to see what can get it to occur all the time in order to submit a better bug report. I've noticed that PDF files can often cause it to give the spinning rainbow beachball of doom.
Does is really lock or does it "only" last very long? Until now we haven't heard of a lock up while loading/browsing PDF, but depending on the PDF it may last a while.
I just tried it out and browsed over some PDF-directories and had no problems.
Can it be that there is a problem with a specific PDF file? If so, can you try to locate it?
Hangnail hat geschrieben:2. When you open an image form it and you select the browser again from the toolbar, the last folder is loaded but the tree is completely collapsed forcing one to complete re-navigate if you want to do any file moves or copies. A bit of an annoyance.
We will note this feature request.

Martin
Hangnail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Hangnail »

I tend to give up waiting for it after about 3 minutes. Often I right click the icon on the dock and it says "not responding". Could be that it is still busy. the ones where I have had the most trouble is ones with PDF files. Perhaps a switch or flag in the prefs where youc an control which files get previews generated (or just turn it off for PDF's - haven't found thumbnails on a pdf to be usefull). Fir directories containing pure image files I have had little trouble and the directory load is pretty fast. However, a direcory with mixed files of different types along with image files tends to cause the slowdown.

--
Celestial navigation is based on the premise that the Earth is the
center of the universe. The premise is wrong, but the navigation
works. An incorrect model can be a useful tool.
- Kelvin Throop III
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hangnail hat geschrieben:I tend to give up waiting for it after about 3 minutes.
3 minutes is rather long.
Hangnail hat geschrieben:Often I right click the icon on the dock and it says "not responding". Could be that it is still busy.
Loading PDF files can last a while. But for the previews in the browse window only the first page is loaded, so this should be faster.
Hangnail hat geschrieben:the ones where I have had the most trouble is ones with PDF files.
If you could nail it down to one file, that causes PL32 to loop forever, I would be interested in it.
Hangnail hat geschrieben: Perhaps a switch or flag in the prefs where youc an control which files get previews generated (or just turn it off for PDF's - haven't found thumbnails on a pdf to be usefull).
Maybe that 's the way to go.

Martin
ECM

Brush Problem

Beitrag von ECM »

When I try to draw a single circle with the painting tool i can't draw curves, just lines. If I try to draw a single circle, the program just draw a kind of polygon like, not a curve. If I draw very slowly I can draw curves but it isn't the right way. What can I do?

I'm using the mac version, I've got 1 gb ram so I don't understand why this happens to me :( .
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

??

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hello ECM:

Please explain: Are You using the drawing tool (blue drawing brush icon) or the vector drawing tool (yellow circle icon). Or any other one?
Put your Cursor on top of the icon you use and wait for the tool tip text to appear.

Just test that so we can help you.

Verctor smoothing can be adjusted in the options menu , but you say you use the "painting tool", please explain.

Regards

Michael
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

The tool I mean is the blue brush at the left of the rubber. I've tried the program on a pc and happends the same, maybe the program is as is. Is like when in Photoshop U got the smooth option disabled, is like the program can't do a smooth ir a curve drawed by hand (I'm not talking about vectors).

Thanks for the reply. Very nice program !.
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

freehand?

I would really like to know, how you draw a circle! Freehand?
Please mail me your "bad" circle..... because I cant figure out what's happening. I do not see any problem here

Regards

Michael
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I try to draw a freehand circle fastly, using a wacom intuos 3, I mean, I simply pick up the pen, and just, with the blue brush tool, wich is at the left of the rubber, I open a new document, I create a new layer, I select the brush tool, and I begin drawing. If I draw an arc or a circle, and if I do very slowly, the circle/arc is drawed perfectly (with slowly I mean drawing the arc/circle in 30 sec at least), but if I try to draw the circle/arc at a writing speed, for example (like if I were firming) the arcs/circles aren't smoothed, are just a circle created with sharp lines, using the brush variant I use, anyone.

Michael, I haven't got your mail adress, if u could give if to me I'll send u a mail with images of what's happening to me.
Btw, u can mail me and I will reply to: mocachu@gmail.com

Thanks a lot. Cheers!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Anonymous hat geschrieben:I try to draw a freehand circle fastly, using a wacom intuos 3, I mean, I simply pick up the pen, and just, with the blue brush tool, wich is at the left of the rubber, I open a new document, I create a new layer, I select the brush tool, and I begin drawing. If I draw an arc or a circle, and if I do very slowly, the circle/arc is drawed perfectly (with slowly I mean drawing the arc/circle in 30 sec at least), but if I try to draw the circle/arc at a writing speed, for example (like if I were firming) the arcs/circles aren't smoothed, are just a circle created with sharp lines, using the brush variant I use, anyone.
I am currently not able to get the same behaviour, that you are getting. Can you give me some more informations:
- how large (in pixels) are the circles you are drawing?
- how large is the used brush?
- what kind of image do you paint on (RGB, CMYK, ...)?
- what version of PL32 do you use? Version 11.5 should be much faster than version 11 when using a graphic tablet.
- what processor and clock rate has your computer?
- what OS do you use?

Thanks,

Martin
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Tablet

Hello ECM:

I guess, this has to be a configuration problem of your grafic input tablet (tdata transfer speed...).

Could you check with mouse input please?

The described effect must not happen, and I cannot reproduce it by mouse entry. I do not have a tablet - unfortunately :-(

Regards

Michael
ECM

Beitrag von ECM »

Sorry about long time without posting due to hollyday time :oops:

I've got a wacom intuos 3, and I tried with the mouse, but with the mouse the effect is harder.

I'm using a 2500x1500 image, in RGB mode, with brushes from 1 to 20 Pixels, Photoline 11.51 with a Mac mini 1,42 Ghz with 1gb Ram and OSX 10,3,8.

I'll try to upload an image, but I don't know where can I upload it... I'll try. :?
ECM

lines against curves

Beitrag von ECM »

http://img14.imgspot.com/?u=05/87/17/problem.jpg

That's the problem. In another programs i can do smoothed curves, in PL I only can see aliased curves :cry:

What can I do?

Thx, cheers!
ECM

color picker

Beitrag von ECM »

BTW, is there another way to change the color value in rgb mode or another like when u doubleclick the color in the tool bar, withouth doubleclicking there and changing the color in realtime withouth having to click ok?
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: lines against curves

ECM hat geschrieben:http://img14.imgspot.com/?u=05/87/17/problem.jpg

That's the problem. In another programs i can do smoothed curves, in PL I only can see aliased curves :cry:
On my G4 867 I can create those stroked curves only if I draw extremely fast. The only things I can draw in this speed are badly shaped circles ;-)
ECM hat geschrieben:What can I do?

Thx, cheers!
Drawing is a bit faster if you turn off the Picture Info (View/Dialogs/Picture Info) dialog. Turning off the rulers may help, too.

Martin