Ctrl + Tab to Switch Current Image

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
mkochsch
Mitglied

Ctrl + Tab to Switch Current Image

Beitrag von mkochsch »

In many multi-document interfaces (MDIs) users can switch between open files by hitting Ctrl + Tab and Shift, Ctrl + Tab. I would like to see this added to the program.
~m
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

It's already in it. The only thing is that every function can be assigned to any key, and by default CTRL-TAB is assigned to switching layers. When you delete that assignment the keys will work as usual.
-Choose edit > options
-Within "usage" you will find "keyboard layout".
-Now I don't know exactly how to go on, I have removed that assignment long ago. But I thing it must be in "Layer > Managmenet > activate next/previous layer".
mkochsch
Mitglied

Beitrag von mkochsch »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:It's already in it. The only thing is that every function can be assigned to any key, and by default CTRL-TAB is assigned to switching layers. When you delete that assignment the keys will work as usual.
-Choose edit > options
-Within "usage" you will find "keyboard layout".
-Now I don't know exactly how to go on, I have removed that assignment long ago. But I thing it must be in "Layer > Managmenet > activate next/previous layer".
OK Got it! Edit|Options|Usage|Keyboard Layout|Layer|Management|Activate Next Layer.
Why didn't I think of looking there?
:roll: :)
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Don't worry, I only have known that because I asked the same question 2 years ago :P
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Hoogo is like the Harry Potter of PL32, he seems to know all the secret passageways and hidden rooms in PL32's Hogwart's School of Magic castle. When in doubt ask him where it is. :-)

Now if only Hoogo could do something about ridding the world of evil :evil: Voldemort's-PhotoShop so we wouldn't have to hear about that software online anymore. (If I read from someone on usenet or other forums tell people to get CS3 or other version of that ancient 16-bit stuff just one more time, I'm going to scream!)

:D
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

ARGH. I just wrote down all that came to my mind, and now it's gone because meanwhile I was logged off :evil: :x
I'll try again...

Thanks for the flowers, but it was Gerhard who told me all the secrets I know. Usually when I suggested some improvements, and then they were already there, just hidden...

You can hold shift in the picture-viewer to move the picture around. Hold shift when clicking on the forward/backward-button to keep zoomfactor and position (if possible).
There was something with holding shift when starting Photoline or the browser, something about the active folder, but I can't remember that correctly.
In the filter-previews there's that button to show extreme values. Hold shift when clicking and it will show the difference between the original and the filtered picture.

I think the other "secrets" I know about are mentioned in the statusbar, somewhere in the online-help or the handbook, but who reads that carefully enough anyways?
So just try each tool from the toolbox and watch the statusbar. If there are handlebars on the screen (if there is a lass, a selection or a layer), there is some more function shown in the statusbar. Try the right mousebutton there, too.

With esc you can switch between the layer-tool and any other tool.
Hold ALT to change the behaviour of the mouse-wheel. The default behaviour can be found somewhere in the options.

In picture-info or color-editor you can change the unit when clicking with the right mosue-button onto the numbers.

The attributes-dialog turned out to be quite useful. You can temporarily turn a working layer into a normal greyscale-layer there.

Double-click on one of the 4 mask-buttons to change the mask-color.

Effects > Shape > Distort with arrows: If you have zooomed into the source you can scroll with mousewheel, shift, alt.

That's all for now, a bit shorter than before... But this time I saved my text in the clipboard :wink:

EDIT: Vector-layers can have blends, too. Very useful for some photo-corrections. This might be obvious for some, but it took "a while" for me to discover.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I just remembered another "Hidden" key: There's a colorpicker in histogram-correction or in the white/black-clip of the correction wizard. A simple click moves the upper/white point, holding shift moves the lower/black point.