Manual?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Hangnail
Mitglied

Manual?

Beitrag von Hangnail »

Is there some sort of manual or user's guide other than the tutorial available? The tutorials are good for some specific effects but I was more interested in a general overview of the various tools. I thought there used to be one available at one time.

Todd
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Manual?

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hangnail hat geschrieben:Is there some sort of manual or user's guide other than the tutorial available? The tutorials are good for some specific effects but I was more interested in a general overview of the various tools. I thought there used to be one available at one time.
you can download the manual from:
http://www.pl32.net/plbin/manual.pdf
or
http://www.pl32.net/plbin/manual.zip

Gerhard
Zuletzt geändert von Gerhard Huber am Fr 10 Nov 2006 06:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
saveena
Mitglied

Links do not work

Beitrag von saveena »

Both of the links you mentioned give the following error "The page cannot be displayed".

Where else can I get a complete user guide?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Links do not work

saveena hat geschrieben:Both of the links you mentioned give the following error "The page cannot be displayed".
Where else can I get a complete user guide?
I corrected the links.

Gerhard
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Gerhard, I recently was checking to see if I had the latest version (13.01), and I found that the FTP links for Windows don't work, I get a 404 error page (in German). The HTTP link is okay though.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Koyaanis hat geschrieben:Gerhard, I recently was checking to see if I had the latest version (13.01), and I found that the FTP links for Windows don't work, I get a 404 error page (in German). The HTTP link is okay though.
Where did you find the ftp links?

Gerhard
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

On the normal download page the first two links are for:

PhotoLine 32 Version 13.01 (pl32.exe, 7.833.446 Bytes)

and

PL32 ZIP Archiv (pl32.zip, 7.807.937 Bytes)

The same URLs are attached to the download button graphics too.

I now just tried the MAC ones too, and those also come up with a 404 error. But just the ones with an FTP address.

The tutorial is also listed for an FTP address, that too has a 404 error.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Koyaanis hat geschrieben:On the normal download page the first two links are for:
PhotoLine 32 Version 13.01 (pl32.exe, 7.833.446 Bytes)
and
PL32 ZIP Archiv (pl32.zip, 7.807.937 Bytes)

The same URLs are attached to the download button graphics too.
I now just tried the MAC ones too, and those also come up with a 404 error. But just the ones with an FTP address.
The tutorial is also listed for an FTP address, that too has a 404 error.
I tested all this links just now and it works fine here. Does anybody else have this problem?

Gerhard
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Strange. Just to double check if it wasn't something on my system causing it I now turned off all my web-filtering stuff (I use Proxomitron for ages now). I tried the links with Opera and with IE, but same results. 404 error.

I do have some pretty strong firewall settings, no ICMP packets, no UDP allowed, things like that. But it's never prevented FTP transfers before.

I really do hope it's just my system having the problem. It'd be a shame if others gave up on a first click. At least there's the alternate HTTP URL to download from.
CurtJCS
Mitglied

Beitrag von CurtJCS »

Both links work fine for me.
Curt
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Gerhard (and others),

Sorry for any confusion this might have caused. I found the problem on my end. I had my browser set to go through a localhost proxy for FTP . I guess it didn't like to work with your server's FTP protocol or requirements. It usually works just fine here otherwise on other all other servers, so I didn't even think to check that until now. When I bypassed my localhost proxy in my browser then the links all worked just fine here.

Some good might come of this though. If others ever have problems you might alert them to bypass their proxy service/settings. Or maybe even put a small alert by the download links that it can cause a problem, if you think it might be important enough.