Copying Lasso Selections

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
joe mama
Mitglied

Copying Lasso Selections

Beitrag von joe mama »

Beginning with version 14.00 (I just installed 14.02), when I lasso a selection of an image, right-click and choose "copy", then drag the image, it cuts the selection from the image rather than copying the selection.

How do I remedy this?

Thanks!
lutz
Mitglied

Re: Copying Lasso Selections

Beitrag von lutz »

joe mama hat geschrieben:Beginning with version 14.00 (I just installed 14.02), when I lasso a selection of an image, right-click and choose "copy", then drag the image, it cuts the selection from the image rather than copying the selection.
In the "Tool Settings" dialog you will have to check the "Move without Content" option (in my opinion this could be the default behavior). To get a copy of a selection use the context menu for "copy" and then use Ctrl-V or EDIT>Paste as Selection
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Copy just moves the selected part of the picture to the clipboard, it is the same as Ctrl+C. You can choose "paste as selection (ctrl+v)" from the same menu and you get a new layer with that part of the image. A new layer is not exactly the same as a selection, to move it around you need the layer tool, that's the arrow from the toolbar.
Another way: "Edit > Options > Working > Lasso". Deselect "delete background". Now you can just drag around your selection, no need for Ctrl+C.

EDIT: Too slow :)
joe mama
Mitglied

Beitrag von joe mama »

Thanks! Hoogo's fix was the one I was looking for. Apparently, in earlier versions, the "delete background" option was not checked, but in 14.00 and more recent, that was the default.