Text Files & Text Layers Not Fully Supported

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Text Files & Text Layers Not Fully Supported

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I've never really had need to import or save text files before. While trying to do so I find some strange anomalies in PL.

In Layer Management there's the save layer, but no way to save a text layer as TXT nor as an RTF file.

In Open File there's the option to load text files from the filetypes, but when you select that it shows no text files.

If you choose show-all, then try to open a text file, it complains there was an error.

This is such a rudimentary thing it probably got overlooked or got broken in recent builds. Would be nice if that worked. I was mainly going to see if I could use PL as a simple text editor when I had it installed on a memory card, instead of having to install a separate text editor on there too. No go.

This just made me think of another thing, when PL is installed on a memory card, then is there an easy way to also install the spell-checker and have PL find/use it? Can I just put that ASpell folder in my PL folder?

Maybe something special has to be turned on to get the text-layer load/save features to work? I tried using just a "document" type, but it needed a text layer, then I was back at square one with trying to get it to use, save, or see simple text files.

What's the trick?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Text Files & Text Layers Not Fully Supported

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Koyaanis hat geschrieben:In Layer Management there's the save layer, but no way to save a text layer as TXT nor as an RTF file.
In Open File there's the option to load text files from the filetypes, but when you select that it shows no text files.
At the moment there is only a RTF text import in PhotoLine. ASCII text can't be loaded, but copied. A save function is fully missing at the moment.
We will talk about some new functions to help you.

Gerhard