Brush list suggestion

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
themystician
Mitglied

Brush list suggestion

Beitrag von themystician »

Hi again,

I'm using Pl32 with tablet and I think it would be great a lock option for the brush list, because sometimes when fast-painting, instead of doing a click, I do a dragging wich makes a copy of the brush :roll: ...and it's a little bit annoying (because I have to stop, select the correct brush, look for the new copy, delete it....).

A simple button or checkbox in the brush list would do the trick, and/or a selectable option from the right-button menu like the "Button Mode" in the action list.

Locked = You can select brushes from the list but not copy/edit...them.
Unlocked = As it is now.

I hope u like the idea and find it useful.
Cheers.
themystician
Mitglied

Re: Brush list suggestion

Beitrag von themystician »

And two more...

1. Playing with PL32 configuration I found "Paint Only Once" option in Options > Working > Brush :
Bild

The example was made drawing using a pressure sensitive tablet, drawing from top to bottom with "Paint only once" enabled (left) and disabled (right).
It might be a good idea to use this feature in the brush edit window, so you can save two versions of the same brush with or without this feature.
I know PL32 is a image procesing program... but Photoshop was once too, and now is a standard in digital painting :mrgreen: .

And 2, It would be great to access (faster) to "Support Pressure Sensitive Tablet" -> Only Eraser/Intensity/Brush size/ Size & Intensity, so, how about this options in the tool settings window? (there's a lot of empty space there :wink: ).

Cheers.
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Re: Brush list suggestion

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Another thing I'd like to see on the Brush Edit panel, is the ability to rotate a brush by more than that 100-degrees value. Ideally it should go all the way up to 360-degrees. I was having to do some cloning last week and needed a particular brush shape to fit into a narrow gap. I couldn't come up with the correct angle of brush that I needed to fit in the spot. Rotating it would always fall-short of the angle that I needed it to be at. And why is it that only some brushes can be rotated? Many times I select a brush and the rotate feature is locked/greyed out. This makes most of the brushes much less useful.