Feature Request: Color-Range Sampling

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Feature Request: Color-Range Sampling

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Quite a few times I wish to alter a range of color hues all at once. To do this I must go into Tool > Color > Select Color and use the "+" option to add them individually to a mask. One color-sample click at a time. It's nice that this gives you the added benefit of adjusting "tolerance" for each color selected, but this is a slow process at times. Plus, if you goof up you have to start all over again. It would be nice to have its own "undo" button there.

There are many many filters and things where being able to alter a range of hues all at once would be a huge improvement. For example when using the Hue/Saturation tool. I often use the options of that to change only one range of colors at a time to remove digital-camera sensor-blooming. Sensor blooming can appear as cyan, magenta, or the more common purple-blooming. I have to use that tool up to 3 or 4 times to properly remove a bad case of sensor blooming. Each time selecting a new color range to desaturate. (Think of how the CA-Removal tool works in Paint Shop Pro, where you can sample a whole range of hues to desaturate at once. Only I'd like PL to be even better than that.)

What I would like to see in PL is whenever there's an option to select a color or range of colors, that you be allowed to draw a line, box, polygon, or freehand enclosed area over any part of the image. All hues under that line or inside of that enclosed shape would be used when altering those colors.

Is it possible to add a feature like this to the Hue/Saturation tool and many others where you need to select a range of colors? Maybe with the added option of having + and - features too so you could add and deselect ranges with their own tolerance settings (the same as in the "Select Color" tool).

Would be nice.

P.S. The Hue/Saturation "range" tool's slider-adjustment could still use some major improvement. It's so small and narrow that it's difficult to grab onto any of the adjustment handles with the mouse and then move them to new positions accurately. I use that a lot in my editing and am always frustrated by how difficult it is to use it with any precision. Ideally, that slider adjustment should go across the whole bottom of the re-sizable preview-image panel when that is enabled. Then you could make it as large as you want for more accuracy when needed. It also should save the last "range" settings used, when going back to try to duplicate what you tried then undo it, and have to change it a little bit again. You have to start all over from scratch when you undo the last color "range" change.