Trouble with Photoline and driver for Epson r2400

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Trouble with Photoline and driver for Epson r2400

Beitrag von maho »

Hello Gerhard,

I have trouble printing from Photoline. When I print from another application (such as iPhoto), after I click Print, I get an additional dialog box that looks like this:

Bild

When I print from Photoline, it does not give me this box- hence I can not choose the photo quality settings, and the print quality is terrible.

Here's some info:

Mac OS X 10.5.5
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Photoline 14.51 UB

It's almost as if Photoline is using the wrong print driver. Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS. iPhoto is horrible - please save me from iPhoto
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Trouble with Photoline and driver for Epson r2400

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maho hat geschrieben:When I print from Photoline, it does not give me this box- hence I can not choose the photo quality settings, and the print quality is terrible.
PhotoLine is printing at once without showing the print dialog? Very strange. Can you start Console.app und see whether there appears a message on printing?
maho hat geschrieben:Here's some info:

Mac OS X 10.5.5
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Photoline 14.51 UB
If you have 10.5.x, your screenshot is strange, too. The print dialog in your screenshot looks like a print dialog of 10.4.x. In 10.5 there is a preview emedded in the print dialog (at least with the printer drivers I have installed).

Martin
maho
Mitglied

Re: Trouble with Photoline and driver for Epson r2400

Beitrag von maho »

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your quick response. I think I answered my own question. When I print in Photoline, the default setting is Layout. If I change that to Printer Features, then I get the Epson-specific settings dialog that allows me to produce high-quality prints.

It would be nice if there were some way to specific the default values for the printing options. As it is now, each time I print, it reverts back to Layout setting.

Regards,

Maho
Photoliner since 1998