Dealing with moiré

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Dealing with moiré

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

The help file indicates the PhotoLine 32 solution to moiré (which the help file calls "pixilized") from a scanned image is to first apply Filter>Blur>Descreen. Problem is version 15.05 for Windows does not have Descreen listed as a Blur option.

Am I missing something here?

I remain impressed with PhotoLine. I think it is a potential alternative for many U.S. users of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo who are or will be abandoning that program due to Corel's failure to support continued development. I just wish there were a significant base of user tutorials in English and better clarification of the translation of German to English. I'm amused by the occasional use of "die" for "the" in the help file.

Nonetheless, it's great software, and I congratulate the developer.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Re: Dealing with moiré

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:The help file indicates the PhotoLine 32 solution to moiré (which the help file calls "pixilized") from a scanned image is to first apply Filter>Blur>Descreen. Problem is version 15.05 for Windows does not have Descreen listed as a Blur option.
Never mind. I found Descreen. It should be Filter>Quality>Descreen.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.