Straighten Edge and Stitching in PhotoLine

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Straighten Edge and Stitching in PhotoLine

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

What is the best method of straighting the edges of two scanned images and then stitching them together in PhotoLine?

When the scanned parts overlap, I use PanaVue Image Assembler, which works nicely, even when the images are not straight.

My problem occurs when there's no overlap and at least one of the parts is not straight, thus the two parts will not line up properly.

I'm trying to learn to use PhotoLine for as much of my photo editing projects as possible but find myself dropping back to Corel Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements for specialized needs such as the one I describe above. (PSP has a straighten tool that allows drawing a straight line that becomes the new edge.)

Thanks in advance for your help.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
lutz
Mitglied

Re: Straighten Edge and Stitching in PhotoLine

Beitrag von lutz »

Hello,

AFAIK, the straighten tool in PSP does a rotation of the image for example onto a user defined horizon.
In Photoline the similar tool is found in two places, depending if you want to rotate a single layer or not:

>> Layout > Page > Rotate Page
and
>> Layer > Rotate Layer

You can draw a line into the image which will become vertical or horizontal - it is best to have the preview option active there.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

There is some other way to straigthen a picture beside the rotating.
-Choose the rectangular lasso tool. In the tool settings you will find a checkbox named "straigten" beside the "crop"-button. Select it.
-Make a selection or just press Ctrl-A.
-Now the somewhat hidden part of it all: Right-Click into the selection. In the context-menu you can choose how the handles of the selection will react. Usually "scale" is selected, so you can only use the handles of the selection to scale it.
-Choose "Distort persp." and push the selection to fit the scanned page.
-After pressing the "crop"-button the selection will be transformed into a rectangular picture.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

Thanks, again, for this helpful information!
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.